test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

throne skirmish

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
how to get gold at the first hulk phase?

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I dont know.. IVe been in groups with 100% accuracy on doors and shield and neither managed gold..

How can you do better then 100%?

• Options
    jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    Your rank seems to be based on number of prisoners rescued. Prisoners die in each cell every x seconds, and hulks seem to spawn faster if you clear mobs faster. So I'd think you'd want everyone to stand in front of the same gate, and aoe trash then move to the next one.

Granted I haven't been able to get a group organized enough to try it - I usually run PoM.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Did anyone ever get better than bronze on the phase where you use the Hulks to smash the gates to free the prisoners?

If so, what was the trick?
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I haven't. Maybe you're not supposed to kill anything at all?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

You get bronze for freeing the prisoners you get silver and gold for killing the reinforcements

They're asking if it's possible to get anything better than bronze in the first phase because as it is you're essentially stuck getting silver rewards at best. Reinforcements are the second phase (when you get the hulk phase as your first phase) so it doesn't really matter that you can get silver or gold because you always get bronze in the first phase no matter what you do.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I think that whole phase is rigged.... Seriously, even with two 3.5k people manhandling everything the 1st phase still screws you over.

• Options
    You can tell if you've got the impossible first stage before even entering. You can see if there is a bubble or not on the throne through the portcullis. No bubble means it's freeing the prisoners and a bronze. Bubble means you can actually go for the golds (protect clerics + charge hulks at barrier (way easier and not rigged) are the first two stages). You might not win many friends, but you could always look and ditch if it's not the one you want.
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Doing it today we were killing everything very quickly. And at times we had nothing to even try to kill and nothing spawned for over 5 seconds. Something seems to be amiss with it. The other version is so much easier all around to get gold/gold. That one has been rarer for me to get.
  • Options
    korusenseikorusensei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Best I have ever received in this section was a silver -- don't ask me how we even got that.
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

Best I have ever received in this section was a silver -- don't ask me how we even got that.

Same. Don't remember much, some guildie guide us telling about fast killing mobs. I've got it once and 99.9% other attemps were bronze. Im getting a little bit pissed off each time we clear mobs fast and perfectly (or ~1 missed) lure hulks on gates. Dunno, maybe there is some special rotation on gates combined with fast clearing/perfect 'hulked'.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Same. Don't remember much, some guildie guide us telling about fast killing mobs. I've got it once and 99.9% other attemps were bronze. Im getting a little bit pissed off each time we clear mobs fast and perfectly (or ~1 missed) lure hulks on gates. Dunno, maybe there is some special rotation on gates combined with fast clearing/perfect 'hulked'.

The question to consider is: what were your final rewards? Did you ever get gold for the entire skirmish?

I think what another poster was trying to say is that doing well on the first stage raises your total ranking for the entire skirmish to bronze--which the game misleadingly reports as if it were just the stage rating, rather than the entire skirmish rating (perhaps because this was the way they originally intended to do this sort of thing and never changed it for this particular version of throne). And then your performance on the subsequent stages either raises your total performance and reports based on that, or suddenly switches back to the per-stage medal rating we're expecting. If it's the former then if you see you hit "Gold" during the second phase then your third stage performance would be largely or completely irrelevant. If it's the latter, then "bronze" on the first stage is effectively equivalent to the gold we're used to (one gold+two zeros = 1/3 of a gold average = bronze), and you still need to get golds or close to it on the other two stages to get your final rewards at the gold level.

I'm reasonably confident I've gotten an overall ranking of gold on the gate charging version, despite a bronze on the first stage, and I think the above is how to make sense of that. Of course I could be mistaken, as I wasn't really keeping a record at the time. Still, it should be fairly testable.

• Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    silver gold gold result= gold
    bronze+2xgold=silver
    Yeah, I got gold quality final rewards

Question is what tactic we have to use to get gold or even silver in 1st phase. Mine silver was one-time event. :(
    200_s.gif