test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hidden Daggers (step back effect)

kiwakinskiwakins Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I love the new level 70 Encounter, but after the 3rd cast, I have to rush back in to get in range of my At-Will. This is very irritating when raiding since I don’t have the agro and the mobs are not on me, hence the rush back in wasting time. I personally would love for them to take away the step back effect.

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Its copy pasted by a tr encouter which are dealing with it since ages and they dont even get damage bonus of charges.
    Use it jumpin
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I used to hate the step-back effect too.. but since I expect the step-back, I will advance right up on top of the mobs before letting loose with it.

Also, I've found that Hidden Daggers is a great way to get out of smaller red areas, without using up any stamina.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    azlandrazlandr Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I am certain the step back is in place to force us to be ranged when throwing the daggers. It's a minor annoyance. It has always seemed silly to me to force that upon us, as every other attack we have has no step back effect and we are meant to be close ranged. I mean, we only use hidden daggers as a buff for the most part, I just don't understand why it forces the step back on us other than the devs think that because we're throwing daggers, there should be some distance to do so.
    115472_zpseintxu7i.jpg
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    It's very easy to cancel if you jump right before pressing the encounter, you get used to it :)