test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapons of Water quest bugged

vallan3evallan3e Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
I submitted an in game ticket & was asked to post here. I still have no resolution to my problem

The quest is called “Weapons of Water”

What Should Happen
1) Talk to Archdruid Morningdawn in Protector's Enclave and take the quest "Weapons of Water" that gives you an Unawakened Heart of Water container
Container starts out 0/100 Water Motes.
2) Do 100 Heroic Encounters in Drowned Shores to collect 100 Water Motes. These are automatically added to you Unawakened Heart of Water container.
3) Upon achieving 100/100 motes you return to Archdruid Morningdawn in Protector's Enclave
4) Talk to Archdruid Morningdawn to complete quest. (Its possible upon collecting the 100th water mote in #2 above that it changes the status of the quest from yellow (active) to orange (complete) or it may do it at this step, I'm not sure)
5) Double click the Unawakened Heart of Water Container with 100/100 motes and it opens to give you an Awakened Heart of Water and it removes the Unawakened Heart of Water container.
6) The manger looking seed receptacle by the tree is now sparkling. You hit "F" to use, you are given the Drowned Trident and Drowned Sword Knot artifacts (which are the class specific weapons, I'm a GWF)

What Happened to Me
1) Same
2) Part way through filling my Unawakened Heart of Water to 100/100 the game patches with Stronghold Professions quests. I can't see them because of a bug. If you have the "Weapons of Water" quest active you can't take the Stronghold Professions quest.
Strumslinger says on a Dev post in the Arc forums entitled "Known Issues with Underdark"

"At this time it is not possible to accept any masterwork quests from “The Artisan” in your guild stronghold if you currently have the quest “Weapons of Air,” “Weapons of Earth,” “Weapons of Fire,” or “Weapons of Water” in your journal. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and are working on a fix. In the meantime, dropping the elemental weapon quests will allow you to accept a masterwork quest from “The Artisan,” should you meet the other requirements, and have completed the hand-off quest “Don’t Say His Name” from “The Master of Coin.” As long as you retain the unawakened heart of the element corresponding to the weapon you are pursuing, you will continue to be able to earn motes from completing heroic encounters in the corresponding zone. In addition, your progress can be tracked in the heart’s tooltip.

**It does not say you need to take the quest again or it will bug, although there are people who did and are complaining they now have 2 of the Unawakened quest items and its impossible to delete the extra one**

3) I dropped the quest and completed collecting 100/100 water motes in the Unawakened Heart of Water receptacle
4) Double clicked Unawakened Heart of Water and received the Awakened Heart of Water (in my inventory now)
5) I'm unable to turn it into the receptacle by the tree as it does not sparkle/allow "F" to use. I assume this is because I can't complete the quest as opening/converting the Unawakened Heart of Water to the Awakened version did not work. I didnt have the quest, and it converted the Unawakened Heart so I cant take the quest again and complete it with the Awakened Heart I have in my inventory.

What I Tried:
Talking to Druid - having dropped the quest earlier its not there to complete (orange) but is available to take again (yellow new quest).

Go to preview and take quest again - Tried this, you get another Unawakened Heart of Water at 0/100. It doesn't allow you to turn in the existing Awakened Heart and the Unawakened Heart at 0/100 is impossible to delete.

Resolution:
I would like the Drowned Trident and Drowned Sword Knot artifact weapons granted for completing the quest. I have the Awakened Heart of Water in my inventory - proof I did the quest.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Yikes. I strongly recommend that you file a Support ticket with all this information. Nobody here on the forums (including StrumSlinger) can give your artifact weapons to you. Only Customer Support can do that for you. Just copy and paste all of your post here into a support ticket.

Please update your ticket in your ticket history and continue to discuss the issue with Support. We'll leave this here as a bug report however.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • vallan3evallan3e Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    I did post that exact ticket. The response I got was its a bug requiring developer attention and to post here and implied it was outside the scope of his ability to fix. I dont wish him to fix the quest, but take my awakened heart and give me the artifact weapons like the quest should have. Perhaps he can elevate my request to another cust serv rep with the power to do so :(
  • lancome2015lancome2015 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    Well im stuck with all 4 in my bag and cant do nothing to get rid of them take the quest million times and delete the quest and they still there --Heart of Earth, Heart of Fire, Heart of Air, Heart of Water ..please add a discard button on them if you do not mind it takes up bag space....thanks..
  • djmajikmykedjmajikmyke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2015

nvm