What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scourge Warlock - it's that time again

2»

Comments

• Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I compare it to gwf cause both classes only do dps. (and yes play gwf too). One huge problem running with good gwf's is that i don't even have time to use TT. If i use TT most mobs are almost dead by the time animation is finished.
    I've been told that sw can do insane dps, but i have never seen that happen.
    So please share those insane dps builds that i can out dps everything.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

Warlock thread again?

Scourge Warlock:

-Dominating ACT parses/paingiver in Demogorgon, Tiamat, Heralds run, T2s since launch(mod4).

-Only class which can match the also overbuffed GWF class at BIS level in T1/T2 dungeons. (I said BIS level before someone is coming with 2k level.)

-They say they need more lifesteal before they even levelled the Temple with the amazing 20% of ls boost which will be probably a big help to the class.

-Big damage from Soul puppet. Insane imba dmg from the best daily in the game, TT.

If its positioned right doing mind-blowing dmg, millions in seconds by muliple bosses(Lol scorpions, ecc adventurers.).

-Amazing encounters like the spammable big hitter soul scourth, hadar's grap, killing flames and dreadtheft.

Still playing the marthyr?

You didnt read the thread though.. Group damage wasnt the complaint being mentioned.

the issue isnt really damage in group content.. they are fine per se.

The issue is how they play progressing them and doing solo work , as a striker class when you compare it to gwf, cw, tr , hr trapper, its much worse.

Some simple fixes to them would make them a lot better.. including putting arms of hadar back to what it was orginally, a frontal cone , not a melee range one.

You could start your rotation off with a CC against mob packs that way and also have a second CC useful tool for pvp.

There are alot of little adjustments they could do, that wouldn't really impact damage per se, but would change the class enough to help it out.

• Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    As others have said, TT while it can be overpowered itself, is the only real way for SWs to do significant damage. The at wills take ages to cast and do trivial damage, the encounter skills alone do nothing particularly special, usually take ages to cast, and most can be interrupted and/or resisted. And as others have said, TT takes so long to cast that it isn't very feasible except in groups, and it only does huge damage in groups providing large buffs.

Add on to this that SWs have no dodge, no real CC, pretty much no DR and very low HP, it's by far the easiest class to die with.
  • Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User

I compare it to gwf cause both classes only do dps. (and yes play gwf too). One huge problem running with good gwf's is that i don't even have time to use TT. If i use TT most mobs are almost dead by the time animation is finished.
    I've been told that sw can do insane dps, but i have never seen that happen.
    So please share those insane dps builds that i can out dps everything.

That 3.8 million hit in my video is kinda insane imo. Things can even get more insane if you can use SWs full potential with full buff group and good timing. Still there's the point that you should be very fast to do your rotation which is a little difficult compared to other classes. If there's a monster GWF in your team you don't have a chance to compete as GWFs animations are faster and hits are harder than SW's.

• Options
    I agree SW can do good dps with party buffs, but still not nearly as good as gwf.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNAh4LLU-68
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    blinxon said:

Sure you have to compared damage of striker classes vs each other, and warlock is nothing more

Since you obviously do not play the class, whats the reason for posting here?

Inform yourself please, TT is broken since the class exist and you can read it everywhere, damage-ping-pong is the short explanation, some player are able to onehit bosses by this

Warlock depends to 50% to this daily as fury and damnation is puppet+TT up to 70%

Whats your point? How do you know i dont play the class? Did i quote you? Did i ask you anything?
    I still dont think that you can compare a GWF to a SW. So lets talk about SWs and not GWFs.

Exactly, you did quote me, read your own posts please.

Since TT doesn´t do what it should, it has to be considered as bugged and its known from the start of the class.
    In case a class exist arround bugs, like OP f.e. or only can perform by bugs like warlock it has to be mentioned.
    Hunter, from waht I read, is also made arround not working feats, encounter and bugs.
    Is a perma root/daze Hunter bugged? I guess it is.

I like the warlock and like playing it (in PVE), and in case it doesn´t get a rework I go on playing it.
    GWF is by far the best damagedealer, and in case you go epic demogorgon you will see what that class can do above 3k having great defence and great tools like cc immunity and aoe.
    Most classes have to dodge and run all time without permabubble going eDemo, a well build GWF (gear needed) is a real force in that instance (and every other dungeon).
    I also like running with GF , but queuing random the successrate with an OP and that broken daily is far better imo.
  • Options
    And another short novel on which encounter procs lostmauth's set or sadly which ones don't.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    btfd said:

You can't even give it a definite answer as there are always people with different points of view.

Sry...did i miss a question from you?

• Options
    blinxon said:

btfd said:

You can't even give it a definite answer as there are always people with different points of view.

Sry...did i miss a question from you?

No you didn't. My post refered to the question of what to call TT -> bugged or op. One in general can't give it a definite answer because there are different points of view

• Options
    edited December 2015
    btfd said:

No you didn't. My post refered to the question of what to call TT -> bugged or op. One in general can't give it a definite answer because there are different points of view

You really think its not bugged, but OP? A daily that can make dps more than 10 mio? I dont think its WAI.
    I think there is still some kind of grp resources bug like in the good ole TT times ( the times where you get the pic from your SW buddy). I think they never fixed that. But who knows...and finally..who cares at Cryptic?

• Options
    It doesn't matter if you call it bugged, op, not wai or anything else, I agree that some changes need to be made.

• Options
    btfd said:

It doesn't matter if you call it bugged, op, not wai or anything else,

For me it does matter. For me its a big difference if a skill is bugged or OP. But its only my opinion.
    btfd said:

I agree that some changes need to be made.

I agree too. A lot classes need that. And a lot skills ofc.

• Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    Well my post expanded a bit, and thanks to all who replied.
    Was hoping some work had been done to the Temptation spec, and I do seem to recall words from Strum (?) saying this would be looked at with Underdark.
    Sadly, it's no real surprise to see the Temp spec still waiting for this bit of love.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............