test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we add an option to lock items?

devtraxdevtrax Member Posts: 20 Arc User
I'm sure several people have had this issue, accidentally discarding important items etc. Can we add an option to "lock" the item . So its not accidentally discarded ? locking it would disable the discard option . for eg. Right thumbstick click in to lock the item highlighted. This should work for inventory items as well.

Coco Legrand (DC)
Coco Legrand (DC)
Thrall (GWF)
WickedElm (OP)

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I like this idea
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    +1
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Yep I have lost a few items due to trying to salvage and accidently discarding etc.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • kpt10kpt10 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    +1 I have started organizing my most valuable keepers so they are less likely to get thrown in to the feed while feeding the artifacts under a time pinch but it would be grate to lock some down!
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Best idea I've seen yet. Don't like having a small heart attack everytime i realize the "discard" button is so close to the "refine" button
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    +1
  • urdicaurdica Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    +1
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    +1
    Guild - Excalibur
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @strumslinger I think this is a point pretty much everyone would agree on...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    +1
  • devtraxdevtrax Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    im glad you guys think this is a good idea i hope the ARC staff would look into this
    Coco Legrand (DC)
    Thrall (GWF)
    WickedElm (OP)
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I would like to see items in your personal bank not able to show up in the guild coffer deposit list. This is stupid to have as an option and I have come close to losing a few pieces of valuable equipment and enchants.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Agreed sound common sense suggestion, would save Customer service time as well so win win for everyone :)
    I know I have mentioned this before but again last night I almost accidently put an Orange Artefact from my bank into the Guild coffer... I was one button press away and lucky it did not register so for once a dodgy pad actually saved my bacon.

PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS URGENTLY... Anyhoo if anything a change here would put some pressure off your support staff for people who do accidently discard/salvage/refine/dontate items would not need to contact them. I imagine they get a lot of tickets for this kind of thing.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    Coco Legrand (DC)
    Thrall (GWF)
    WickedElm (OP)
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Just going to write that i still completely agree with this
    Along similar lines to this topic, but again I lost 15k AD yesterday accidently completing a Profession Task that I in no way wanted completing (Leadership Task for 3 Refugee's). So annoying I have done this quite a number of times now in the Professions Tab :(

If we are talking about being able to lock items it would be nice to lock profession tasks :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    +1 on ALL of this...
    @strumslinger and ARC staff this would be a great idea please bring this to the table !!!
    Coco Legrand (DC)
    Thrall (GWF)
    WickedElm (OP)
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Interesting and very handy! I'll ask the devs.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Thanks Andy :D
    Coco Legrand (DC)
    Thrall (GWF)
    WickedElm (OP)
  • lifesongxboxlifesongxbox Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I too would like to see this option. Destiny added it and it was an awesome feature to prevent accidental deletes.

Xbox One - 14.1K HR
  • xangoth#5702 xangoth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Better support on discarded items would be nice or maybe the company could try to figure out what customer service is... Just a thought.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    It would help from accidentally feeding stuff to the mimic too! Had a guildie accidentally feed her irreplaceable Water Elemental weapon that she just got done farming 100 motes for to the mimic. :( Was a sad day.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Anyone else lose AD accidentally completing a professions task? I did that for a 7 day task.

Anyone else lose AD accidentally completing a professions task? I did that for a 7 day task.

I have been moaning about this a few times for as long as I have played the game, I must have lost around 300k or more I think to the professions tabs :(
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I had an odd situation happen the other day that for no apparent reason my controller/game decided to randomly hit a series of buttons. I'm assuming a replay of what I just had done, as it auto completed a task for 30k AD then restarted the exact same task. I was in such shock I didn't even do anything other than just back out of professions and continue playing.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    @strumslinger While many of the suggestions above are a bit costly to implement (as they require UI changes, database changes, API changes, etc), it would be quite easy to change the coffer donation logic not to include into the displayed item list anything outside of your current inventory. Anything in bank slots should be locked and hidden by default. I'm not sure why the devs did it otherwise in the first hand tbh.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    Some things should not be discarable anyway. For example there is no reason someone would want to discard thier artifact. If you decide you don't want it then you would feed it.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
    Legendary and Mythic items should just be locked from being able to discard/donate... I cant imagine anyone would want to ever do that to them.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe