test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Burning Guidance questions....

awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
5th boon in Dread Ring, "Burning Guidance", does it work on all heals? And every time a heal attempts to tick? Currently have "Rampaging Madness" on my CW, question revolves around the Renegade capstone and Chaotic Growth, would BG proc on every attempt to heal when that goes off? IE... AoE attempted heal (assuming party of 5) 5 times every .5 seconds for 10 seconds, in theory, could this proc 100 times over 10 seconds whenever this buff is up?

Also, I'm getting close to 5th boon on my DC (who is straight debuff/DPS), would this boon passively work with "Light of Divinity" (passive that heals in AoE every 3 seconds)? And any other heal (only "heal" I ever use is Divine Glow), being a HoT, does it have a chance to proc on every tick?

Lastly, is any attempted Life Steal considered a heal? If so, I would assume, Acolyte of Kelemvor and her huge LS buff would be a nice synergy between boon and companion?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    It had the chance to proc on every tick of astral seal, it was the main reason for the problems with Astral seal in Tiamat on PC and the reduction of astral seal heals to once every 4 sec.

As far as I know, it procs on spells(it is specified on the tooltip). That would be encounters, at-will and dailies. I don't think feats or other boons will proc it (that includes life steal), but I am not 100% sure. Usually when it doesn't require a certain type of action, it just says "your heals do" X.

For your last question: Life steal can be considered a heal, but not a healing spell.
  • Options
    kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Forgive me if I'm being daft..but does that mean that BG would proc when chaotic grow did?
  • Options

Forgive me if I'm being daft..but does that mean that BG would proc when chaotic grow did?

I do not think so. Isn't Chaos Magic a feat and not a spell. I'm a little rusty on CW specs.

• Options
    It looks like I may have been wrong.

After doing some confusing/conflicting reading, it seems feats may proc BG when the feat attempts to heal another player or companion. And it appears that it may still cause damage loops in some cases. I'll look some more tomorrow to see if there are any references in recent patch notes.

Read the Fabricants post in this thread:

arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1194545/prism-burning-guidance-and-a-devotion-op-or-2-or-more
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

It looks like I may have been wrong.

After doing some confusing/conflicting reading, it seems feats may proc BG when the feat attempts to heal another player or companion. And it appears that it may still cause damage loops in some cases. I'll look some more tomorrow to see if there are any references in recent patch notes.

Read the Fabricants post in this thread:

arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1194545/prism-burning-guidance-and-a-devotion-op-or-2-or-more

I can explain it as best I can if you like, lifesteal used to proc BG, but that got changed due to insane temptation warlock loops. Feats can still proc burning guidance though. What I am not sure of and have struggled to test is can burning guidance life leach off the damage it deals, because if so, it might be worth stacking some life leach and healers who have many hot effects, particularly on devotion paladin.
  • Options
    kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Ya. Thought that as well. I'm pretty happy with madness but the op made me wonder so figured I'd ask.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I found out recently that Burning Guidance works quite well in a group when using the HR power Oak Skin :)

Oak Skin Triggers BG and the Rousing Warmth boon which is pretty cool :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe