test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

% of chance for gemmed elemental leather armor or gemmed elemental darkleather helm : master pro

indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
Well, i know RNG is sometimes strange . You can try a lot and nothing is coming. However, with a 60% chance to have it (3purple tools) I may say that after 8 tried, i should have obtained one of these two items needed for a master task in leatherwotking.
Well, no , nada, only high-quality rank....
Can others give opinion pls ? did you notice a low rate too ?

Devs, may you look a bit more . Seems harder to obtain these items than for a gold nugget .

TY
Indalord I & II

Comments

• Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I've noticed some issues with the %-chances given in game for a while. A few days ago, I upgraded my Lostmauth horn to orange...a "10 % chance" of success, and it took fully 43 preservation wards. The prior week, I put 22 preservation wards into refining an r7 (25% chance of success).

These are respectively (100%-10%)^43 = 1% chance, and (100%-25%)^22 = 0.1% chance of occurring if the stated percentages are correct. The chance of them happening back-to-back is only 1 in 10,000.

FWIW, I also observe that the tiered professions tasks don't seem to follow the stated probabilities. I do the mass black ice processing task every days, using assets that give a 65% chance of a tier-2 reward. I rarely get the tier-2 reward, though it should be the expected case.

Unfortunately, one would have to collect data for about a year to make a convincing statistical test.
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    indalord said:

However, with a 60% chance to have it (3purple tools) I may say that after 8 tried, i should have obtained one

And that is a (100%-60%)^8 = 6 in 10,000 chance of occurring randomly

• Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    RNG is rigged in this game, its been proved so many times we shouldnt be opening threads for this matter. It is clearly dependant on the total server RNG rather than individual RNG. Solution is one. STOP WASTING REAL MONEY till they fix the RNG.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    indalord said:

Well, i know RNG is sometimes strange . You can try a lot and nothing is coming. However, with a 60% chance to have it (3purple tools) I may say that after 8 tried, i should have obtained one of these two items needed for a master task in leatherwotking.
    Well, no , nada, only high-quality rank....
    Can others give opinion pls ? did you notice a low rate too ?

Devs, may you look a bit more . Seems harder to obtain these items than for a gold nugget .

TY

3 purple tools is +120% quality, which is a 20% chance. What you need is 4 epic tools.