test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New rings

kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
New rings make pvp ridiculous.
Is it possible to disable affect of new rings on pvp? I don't talking about those gives you crit or power,but those which make you invisible or make you able to see tr during their invisibility.There are few others rings far away from balance, we can deal with it, but those two shoud be disable on pvp or taken away from the game at all.
I'm not a tr,i playing hr but from my point of view they are broking a class. We all remember what hapend with gwf's few modules before, don't make that mistake again. Another intresting case, imagine GF with ring of invisibility or DC in ratheus path.
Already heard ideas to send petition to devs, completly support.

Harding Grim
Guild:
Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
Drider Server- TheWolves
youtube channel

Comments

• foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Oh come on; one of those rings make u reveal rogues not for more than a sec and is triggered by a chance when hit, the other ring allows u to have stealth sight for 10 secs (legen) but happens every 30 secs. The rings u mentioned that give invulnerability and banish happens once every 30 secs and more in some and the other one only lasts 2 secs. So it is not 100% of the time. The ring u should really care about is natural order. But anyway, pvp is made of brokeness.
  • kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Till this time no one pick up this ring, seems like it was cut from the game.

Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Oh come on; one of those rings make u reveal rogues not for more than a sec and is triggered by a chance when hit, the other ring allows u to have stealth sight for 10 secs (legen) but happens every 30 secs. The rings u mentioned that give invulnerability and banish happens once every 30 secs and more in some and the other one only lasts 2 secs. So it is not 100% of the time. The ring u should really care about is natural order. But anyway, pvp is made of brokeness.

i do care when a wizard repel me from nowhere. i do care when sw stun me from nowhere. i do care when i get any attack from a stealthed player who is not tr.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User

i do care when a wizard repel me from nowhere. i do care when sw stun me from nowhere. i do care when i get any attack from a stealthed player who is not tr.
    u can still see those, that ring only gives partial stealth, enemies within 20f of the owner can see him.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I've already fought a CW and a HR with the Ambush ring, and it didn't really help them more than the 1-2 seconds of "surprise" I had when they suddenly stealthed. I just anticipated their path and killed them anyway.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    Why would they disable effects for PVP if they were MADE specifically for PVP?
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Fought a CW with this ring, did not impress me, it was easy to track them down and whack them to the ground :O
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    icyphish said:

Fought a CW with this ring, did not impress me, it was easy to track them down and whack them to the ground :O

Exactly this, The rings are cool, But the stealth one is more of a gimmick / style of play choice than a surefire BIS, The only OVERPOWERED one I think is the natural order, which they rightly pulled from launch.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    Rings are r-tarded OP, GF with ring of cowerdice or any class for that matter, Lmao so broken and dumb i cant even find the words for it.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Worst idea the Devs could come up with, actually whenever i think about those rings and combinations, i always get the feeling it's kind of a Dev's revenge on us for crying on Forums about PVP balance.

There are simply too many classes, builds, enchants, that are already broken. The best approach and of course the one with the most work would have been the complete rework of above mentioned things. I feel they chose the easy way, let's add some rings to the crying folks. Sadly they will ruin PVP more with the rings, cause those of us, who don't get them from RNG will clearly have a disadvantage, secondly it makes skill in this game even more obsolete.

The introduction of AP/Stamina drain marks was by itself a very silly idea, now these rings and down there we still have lots of broken mechanics, sadly untouched by Devs. Oh my God...

Those who think it adds more fun, are either masochists, notorious bug abusers or simply players with zero skill, who think they are superb to beat somebody with bugged stuff.

These rings should have never made it to sunshine. Now if they are here, they either should be rolled back (i know, won't happen), allowed to use only in PVE or reworked to bind to a specific class. Combination of all these broken things is mathematically so high now, that not even a good Dev could go through all the possibilities of abuse.

Last, but not least the community could of course say, we don't use this garbage and practice a bit self restrain, but sadly as i know this game most will abuse this further to polish their egos and say, yeah i won. True, but how?!

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• mafoi1515mafoi1515 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I have ZERO problem with current pvp related -rings-balance-broken classes, I just stopped doing it and Im sure pvp has enough newcomers for play, sure it has because queue is fast as it is, ;) .
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    I met 4k CW with that invisible ring...it is like getting hitten from nowhere , thats right, and you do not see a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the CW
    But he also would kill me without that ring...but hard to fight back being cc'd iceknifed etc.
    Stealth reveal ring rank 3 works fine against TR...but , again a TR with the right build and T Negation can facetank my warlock even better geared
    The difference is TR go more defensive way and stay overpowered as before
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    I'm testing ring of ambush +4 on 2.2k SW, and tried it a bit on my 2k trapper. Now, on undergeared toons i find it funny cause they allow me, to some extent, to avoid being stomped right away by geared enemies.
    Also met the 4k CW with same ring and yeah, it's basically turning any class into a hit-run TR.
    More than being really overpowered, i'd say it allows some players to just...play an "ambush" game. Which on some very powerful direct DPS classes might be very powerful.
    For fights on node and for some stack-building classes like GWF or soulbinder...not sure it's so good.
    For example, with my SW soulbinder it's useful mainly because i do not get instagibbed by stamina drain trappers/ geared players, since i have no wards (small guild). I can hit and run but again, works better if you have direct burst with no need to build up stacks of something. Still, a way to fight a bit better when undergeared, i think. You can attack and then disappear to survive, instead of being killed instantly when the enemy sees you.
    For example, i could keep a geared trapper engaged in rivenscar where i would just get drained and rooted to death in few seconds.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    for warlock its not that good as for CW , and somehow I am not sure if you are really "invisible" because, some powers or feature make you visible , like i saw a red point on GWF, and warlock with Sparks or dark spiral aura running arround you may spoil your stealth, CW´s are definitely invisible I can report
  • timeforsquishingtimeforsquishing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The one thats really gamebreaking right now is the aptly named Ring of Cowardice. Its proccing from any attack, not just from behind. On a cw its pretty messed up, as its an extra repel with a root that you cant account for in their rotation. Especially if theyre bis. Ran into 3 yesterday. But as previous experience suggests, those that use it will defend it as something that's necessary. And also wont mention it being broken, even in a thread about the new rings, cause they dont want it fixed. Guess its time to farm one if you aint got one.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

The one thats really gamebreaking right now is the aptly named Ring of Cowardice. Its proccing from any attack, not just from behind. On a cw its pretty messed up, as its an extra repel with a root that you cant account for in their rotation. Especially if theyre bis. Ran into 3 yesterday. But as previous experience suggests, those that use it will defend it as something that's necessary. And also wont mention it being broken, even in a thread about the new rings, cause they dont want it fixed. Guess its time to farm one if you aint got one.

yes its just broken, nothing else to say.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    icyphish said:

agreed, i don't see a big issues behind the rings.

---

Seriously guys seem you're all are very sensitive now,

- TR's Stealth is still the best one cuz he can control it and be in anytime stealth (shadow strike)
    - A good HR with the right skill could go already nearly perma stealth of course before the rings released.

So to the non stealth skill classes:

I fought a GF/CW/SW/GWF using such rings it wasn't a big deal,
    if your near enough you can see them anyway, is just a bit confusing, "is just something New" But not a problem.

If you fight more than 2-3 times with players using such Ring, you will KNOW how to deal with them,
    I think is just the case to learn how to play against those new items,

Well for me I never had a problem with stealth,
    from TR's Stealth or this new stuff which is "way easier to counter than from TR",

(side note: The issues with TR is still " Piercing dmg/ Ignore tenacity/etc" not Stealth)

The Repel ring is the same, CW's always pushing me away "even if i'm Unstoppable"
    so this is nothing new for me,

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●