test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Feedback] The best way to bring back Castle Never (Dungeon!)

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
I have been playing this game since beta and even now when I think of the pinnacle of Neverwinter I think of Castle Never. I remember when I first set foot in the dungeon, it was hard, it required teamwork and it was profitable! Its something I greatly miss and I want to encourage the developers with this post that this is definitely something I think should be brought back as one of the major "features" to do at level 70 however there are many FUN ways you could bring this dungeon back!

For me, chewing on this idea and after playing the new skirmishes as well as demigorgon fight, I think there is some cool ways you can make CN relevant as well as bring it back to its former glory.

For me, this is what would be "ideal".

Step 1) Obviously adjust the mobs/difficulty to be appropriate for level 70.
Step 2) Create a "regular" version as well as an "epic" version.
Step 3) Create "reward tiers" like we have with the "bronze/silver/gold" that would be based on time to kill for each boss. So from entering the dungeon -> Tal'gath the Watcher would be 1 "timer" in which you can get a "tier" reward (bronze/silver/gold) and then from there -> Xivros the Undying, then there to Dracolich etc etc.

Step 4) Loot: The first two bosses can crop Neck/Belts - similar to the "ring" system we have now. Its Skill + RNG where higher tiers have higher chance to give a better reward. Belts can come in +1/+2/+3/+4/+5 and have stats and effects (similar to artifact equipment) that scale. Etc.
With Dracolich, bring back Ancient Weapons! However do the SAME system, scale them with +1/+2/+3/+4/+5 and make them "on par" with artifact weapons with similar effects/bonuses.

This would make the dungeon VERY fun and rewarding, offering amazing gear and offering a new spin on the same dungeon we all used to LOVE to run... Players should be able to farm good gear there, and a chance at some BIS gear (if lucky and in a good tier).

Just my thoughts on this.

Comments

• Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    I dont have anything to suggest. Give freedom to the current responsible and let him put all these cool "zelda things".

of course i agree about the difficult.

ps:a weapon or offhand w/o status, just base and crazy effects looks cool.