What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Retaining the playerbase

13»

Comments

• Options
    andygrossandygross Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    As for PVE and the game in general dungens mobs hit to hard what ever damge the trash mobs are doing need to be marked down by 60% jessus glad 70% of ppl made a OP cause u will die with out him ide like to say ive run elol with out one but my dc is made to run a dungen also not my main any way the lag the frame rate the waving the glitches the prices the spaming the grinding to keep this short ppl will spend money and stick around if the quality of the game is good not perfect but good take the top 5 most complained about things and tweak it see
    what type of respons you get from the neverwinter comunity. if its more good than bad awsome if its more bad than good roal back
    im a player and a bussness man the more ppl like it the more money you make win win you win we win it be great we all win
  • Options
    fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    well when this game came out on Xbox there were a load of players. Introduce ToEE and the game is dead. From the 8 of us who played regular, there are 2 left who kind of play, I simply log in at moment to play the ADE.

have a look at why it worked at Mod 5 and go back to that and maybe the players may come back....
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    don't really see how stun is a problem u just need to wait til transcendent elven is fixed then u wont have stun problems
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Really? stunning isn't a problem, you just need 5 million AD! (after the fix)

PvP is just a game of 'who stuns who first'. If they were to make pvp work they would need to rewrite all skills with a pvp definition.

Stunning should be the sole domain of the CW, Stealth only for TR, Immobilise (trap) only for HR. Each class should have it's exclusive purpose.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    zman81420 said:

One more quick note,

I believe about 98% of playerbase does not want the mod 8 rings. It was a nice try, but it does nothing to better balance pvp. All it does is remove basic class mechanics that people picked those classes for. Let's just scrap the idea all together.

I would like to see all of the conversations you have had to determine 98% of us don't want these. Maybe you are against these but try not to speak for everyone, seems laughable.
    I apologize for not being on much guys. Work and family have kept me busy these past couple of weeks. Some good points have been made in here.

As far as the rings go zman, I have a feeling I know why you want them being a gf, but these rings will just further ruin pvp. I'm not for nerfing classes pve aspects on a pvp only basis, but some of this stuff is clearly out of hand. Next mod Paladins will be more OP, and GF will have more burst damage than they do now.

Glyphs and Wards:

I know many people are already running stamina and ap drain glyphs, but I've made it a point to only run the wards. The glyphs only undo very basic class mechanics, the main one being dodge, and I find it very cheap. Especially for the guilds who don't have the wards unlocked yet. If you see my characters, Ankou and Xerxes mainly, you won't catch me running the drains. I hope to see more of the higher end guilds doing the same. You're only speeding up this games future demise if not. At least in terms of pvp.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    @snoborder101
    I have been just getting destroyed by these glyphs. It makes me sad. I actually placed my PvP gear in the bank for the foreseeable future. I was used to running 2-4 PvP games a night, sometimes maybe just one for the seal, but I am for the first time hesitant to do so.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Me too. It'd be nice to see top guilds taking a stand by asking their membership to only use wards, not drains. I see players from all the top pvp guilds using them - without exception.

• Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Me too. It'd be nice to see top guilds taking a stand by asking their membership to only use wards, not drains. I see players from all the top pvp guilds using them - without exception.

well the leader of the top guild is able to have some sort of the agreement on this but not sure how many guildies is gonna follow it tho especially those with egotistical individuals that just wanna farm kills and brag.
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    If you guys want to purchase wards or gear get with Denial or Asylum. We're letting people in free. That being said, I'm unsure we'll be able to get a guild agreement on not using drains. It didn't work on pc. That doesn't mean it wouldn't work on xbox, but I know I'll catch some people from each guild running them anyway. I would like to see the guild leaders stand up and say "our guild won't be using them.", but I'm just not sure if that will happen.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    What do the wards cost..?

• Options
    300 or so guild marks. I'll verify later today.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options

If you guys want to purchase wards or gear get with Denial or Asylum. We're letting people in free. That being said, I'm unsure we'll be able to get a guild agreement on not using drains. It didn't work on pc. That doesn't mean it wouldn't work on xbox, but I know I'll catch some people from each guild running them anyway. I would like to see the guild leaders stand up and say "our guild won't be using them.", but I'm just not sure if that will happen.

+1

on the other note i have stop using the stamina and ap drain on my tr during pvp for the past couple of days as i don't see the need for it as most of the pvpers that i come across on siege and GG are still working on their lionsmane and dragon flight armor. Dom on the other hand is mostly premade with stamina and AP drain but high end pvp is boring now especially with pally glitch and bubbles
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

What do the wards cost..?

get the stamina and ap drain as the other wards does not work as well as the 2 i mention. just bought 20 of ap and stamina drain but i don't see myself using it soon as mostly i play GG or siege
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    l1yevl1yev Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Well for one the company doesn't take very good care of its customers, they outright condone bad behavior of its players, there's no real consequences for anything.

I've reported someone who I thought was a friend, ripping me n my guild off, I reported it and they said they'd "look into it". Mere days later people were spamming in zone chat that that same kid was scamming n cheating others, the kid is rich in game now, he's been allowed to flourish.

The same goes for the gawd damned guilds. I've been around long enough to know which guilds have had a nasty reputation from the start. "Jesus had soul forged" long time scamming guild, outright admits to its past mod5 loot n booting, they claimed they were just taking lobbies from noobs, but they took from everyone, they spammed vtk's even when they didn't have majority.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you guys and your "no naming n shaming" BS. Naming n shaming is for 1st graders who accidently peed thier pants, or for a player with a low gearscore or an inexperienced player so people won't harass them. Well it's not stopping the harassment and you're condoning had behavior.

That scum guild is now one of the top guilds out there, nice that you guys let the liars cheats n scammers get by... You don't take care of your gawd damned customers and you don't do sheeeeeit to the people who do them wrong. That's one of the big reasons you're loosing players.

It's an all out guild warfare and people only want in the big guilds, funny too since its only 150 membership, the rest of the players just flounder.

Vtk's still exist, yet not as prominent as they once were, vulgar behavior and vocabulary has gotten worse, no one acts responsibly.

Lastly the fact you can't que with PUGs with a specific team build in mind without the LFG, leaves a lot of people leaving the lobbies cuz the game got them a tank but it's a gf not a pally, orrr it got 2 tanks a gf n a pally, n the people don't realise a gf pally team is awesome no haste needed and the team breaks apart cuz no dc, many many of these scenarios. Plus not all dc's are healers or have haste, and not all pally do the bubble, n some gf's are good enough to be a defense tank. A gf do the either build of pally is awesome.... There's healing renegade wizards and healing warlocks. People are leaving the lobbies like crazy cuz the complete randomness isn't to thier liking, people hardly respond to LFG any more cuz there's constant random chat everywhere.

Lastly I doubt you'll be getting back old players who left unless you bring back the content that made them leave in the first place.... All those dungeons... Goooooone.

Plus if u notice the trend in players, people are going for self sufficient builds, a perms bubble, back in mod 5 it was permastun or invisibility, now it's back to perma stunning again tr and hr, I havn't heard of the ranking dc's lately though. I'm thinking more solo options besides the storyline content and daily missions.
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    I personally only use wards /this game is forcing players to build in survivability no one cares about dps anymore how hard is it to get dpsers now days? its nerly impossible or they are really low geared who needs a dps when u can just solo everything has a perma bubble or have a bubble with a haste even gf's don't have much of a purpose anymore takes far to much effort compared to a paladin theirs no trade off dps isn't fun at all no one likes to be 1 shot or get their head smashed in
  • Options
    crom#2845 crom Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    They can retain players by not banning them.
  • Options
    iyci#2617 iyci Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    unfortunately this game is never going to get better and i say "never" with the hopes that it does. but it has alot of potential its just the developers dont care enough to listen or try to take advice from the public.