test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot upgrade Alchemy past level 20

kipfizhkipfizh Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hi,

I've been upgrading my Alchemy profession with the pattern of experiment, experiment, experiment, research, but have now hit a blocker - there is no Alchemical Research task at level 20.

I've tried sorting by highest first, lowest first, logging out, turning all filters off etc. I can see Alchemical Research tasks at Level 21 and Level 22 (greyed out, because I'm still at level 20), but all I can see at Level 20 is Rank 20 Experimentation (to get the Knowledge), and Major Flask of Potency, which was my first successfully found recipe. Normally, at this point, Alchemical Research is visible, telling me how many Knowledge I need to complete.

There is now no available (or greyed out because I don't have the components) task to get XP, which means there is no way past level 20. What happened to Level 20 Alchemical Research?

Comments

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    The research task doesn't even show up until you have all the scrolls (recipes) from the experimentation... check your Professions inventory and see if you have all the recipes... if you do, then maybe let Support know..

But I just went through this on one of my alts... gotta be patient with Alchemy. lol
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • kipfizhkipfizh Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Usually it does - because I always know in advance how many successful recipes I'm doing to need. I can already see the Level 21 and 22 ones, telling me I have 0/2 and 0/3 recipes for those levels, but nothing for Level 20.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Yes. However, for whatever reason, Level 20 does not show up until you have all the requirements. It's a thing. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • kipfizhkipfizh Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Oh I see, it's just that level. Gotcha. Thanks!