test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sage Ramiel Goes To War #DS#

eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Quest Shortcode: NW-DH4XKQXPU

A re-imagining to the Drowned Shore zone for the Foundry contest.

"Easter Eggs" have been disabled/invisible and final storyline objective is a completion blocker so quest cannot be completed and reviewed before contest.

Feedback, comments welcome.​​

Comments

• Options
    waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Yes.
    Yes. Yes. Yes.
    *This*, and the other contest entries, are how the drowned shore SHOULD BE. Devs, TAKE NOTE!

Visuals: Just the carnage... yes. Excellent job hiding assets we can't move or change. Great visual with dead pirate, wanted to see more! End sequence was great angle, great view, great effects!

The underwater area: Excellent. Jaw-dropping. Challenging to fight and just get around. Like being underwater should be!! Only thoughts I have are, I doubt you have the assets left, but anyway to prevent people from going underwater before get the ring of waterbreathing? Or perhaps a way to damage them underwater w/o the ring (cuz the whole no air thing). Two reasons: 1) The RP value of it. 2) Was able to explore and kill creatures early in areas that I later visit for the quest line. I liked how the water atmosphere coloring changed before and after quest completed. I prefer the "after" actually.

As always, I love trying to figure out how you pull off the things you do. How and where you fit the mines/caves just makes my brain hurt. In a good way.

Combat: I chose hard difficulty. Well balanced. Some creatures need to be reskinned/renamed(re: thorns), but it worked very well. The HE option was a very nice touch. I assume the "beams of light" for where the HEs would be were the ones I had previously activated? if so, I couldn't get to them, but found creature spawns near them that I figure were the HE's?

Nice job with traps. However, no dialogue mention of them, or hint. Felt awkward for them to suddenly appear when I had just run across that area.

Ballista: maybe all of them should be charged, rather than just the one?

Dialog: For goggles and necklace, had dialogue options, but couldn't do anything with them. Broken or repaired, dialogue options didn't change. Considering the title, Ramiel could be angrier, more determined. I know more dialog is coming, so something to consider?

Other than the obvious place savers in dialogue, really enjoyed it, good, long, connected feeling quest. And when I say long it wasn't a mindless tedium of repetitive questing. It was long but you had different things to do and explore the whole time and you don't realize its length. Which is a win in my book.
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    Thanks for the notes!

I've been "NWO Free" for awhile fiending out on Fallout 4 and following SCL closely.
    Another six months and I expect NWO will be disappearing in the review mirror.

If they ever manage to fix the foundry reviews I'll try and finish it off and put an official end-date on the neverending contest.​​