test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild merge mechanic

belladornbelladorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
How difficult would it be to add a mechanic to the game that allowed true guild merging? By this I mean, adding all the AD, surplus equipment, labor, gold, etc from one guild to the other. Right now, there are guilds offering to "merge." What this actually means is abandoning one guild and all the time and resources spent on it, to join another. Since some guilds are likely to fail, this solution would give players a solution that doesn't leave them feeling cheated.

Comments

• mantera47mantera47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    I would bet that it would be very difficult, time-consuming to code and test, and open the devs up for lots of grief if ANYTHING goes wrong, i.e. not worth it for them to do.
  • belladornbelladorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    That describes EVERYTHING they do. :-|
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    The idea is nice. This would be beneficial for the players and guilds concerned.

Unfortunately it doesn't contain even a pinch of infiniGrind(TM). So I reckon it won't happen...
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Merging just same fields of data from 2 lists should be a very easy task even for college, or even high school computer science students who studied database programming.

However, I bet it will be a VERY DIFFICULT task for all game developers and the players these developers listen mostly to, who embraced the Guild Stronghold concept, and it is, to make sure most players outside of a couple of super guilds will waste all your time, money, resources, etc so you have to get it back from other means.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Also, it would open a lot of possibilites not just for bugs, buuuut exploits!
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.