test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best weapon in mod 8

beya1beya1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
Mod 8 - Underdark, is alive, as said Devs, and all run to get new weapon from NPC in PE.
But ... which weapon is the best for CW - Howling, Burning, Drowned or Earthen orb. Or Stronghold Orb? So many choices.
Many ppl already got Drowned weapon, is it the best for mod 8?

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I'm leaning towards the Twisted Weapon set.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User

I'm leaning towards the Twisted Weapon set.

I think it will be the Twisted set for me too as the main set.

But I'm looking for a second set to help in certain fight. (refined only at epic level).

Burning set:

HAVE A CHANCE of 25%AP gain not very useful with a DC artifact at mythic and a cloak with 4% AP gain

If the chance is more than 50%, maybe useful. Currently, I have no idea of the % chance.

Drowned set:

Healing 50% of max HP when you are struck over 30 seconds (1 time every 60 sec), depends on your % life steal, your Boon's choice and if you are Renegade and have Chaotic Growth. (In a party with a healer class, the set is not needed)

Earthen set:

Forcing to Stand still to have your bonus effective, it's not my play style.

Howling set :

Seems good for a second weapon set.

Running fast after a teleport is something that could be very useful for particular fight.

I tried to simulate the possibility of running fast for a short time in a real fight, with steal time in mastery slot, and I like it. It's very useful to quickly re-position your character after a red circle.

I think this weapon is underestimated, specially with the mechanic of new skirmish and demogorgon fight, when you need to run a lot...

The only problem, it seems that it's not a very popular choice: nobody are farming the spin ward rise big's HE.

Maybe I'm too rebel, I choose the hard path... :)

“He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Demon set is only good in this module. You can use it farm Demo/skirmish farm but in next modules it won't be good.

Water is BIS for Pvp! Even for a CW I think.

Fire is very good for Pve! According to a dev its not 25% but 100% chance. Probably almost like a Snail (~18% AP)
    But that HE farm is very annoying.

In the long term maybe the SH will be a winner because its not available in lots of guilds but it will. And if more and more people will chose it over the the HE grind its 6-8-10% dmg is better than ~18%AP.
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Demon set is only good in this module. You can use it farm Demo/skirmish farm but in next modules it won't be good.

Water is BIS for Pvp! Even for a CW I think.

Fire is very good for Pve! According to a dev its not 25% but 100% chance. Probably almost like a Snail (~18% AP)

In the long term maybe the SH will be a winner because its not available in lots of guilds but it will. And if more and more people will chose it over the the HE grind its 6-8-10% dmg is better than ~18%AP.

It's basically +3.8k power for a CW. How does that ever become bad? Did you even read what it does?

Most annoying part of all of them is the -715 arp though : |

Not sure why they have to keep putting recovery on everything.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    madnitezzmadnitezz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    Has anyone tested the demon weapon set? Is AOE/DOT counted as ONE stack, or many stacks? Any hidden internal cooldown, like only 1 stack per second?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    People won't have the Twisted set for at least a few more days.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    madnitezz said:

Has anyone tested the demon weapon set? Is AOE/DOT counted as ONE stack, or many stacks? Any hidden internal cooldown, like only 1 stack per second?

I doubt they'd make all the rings stack quickly with no ICD and then do it with the twisted weapons.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2015

100% of recover 25% AP?
    Really, this tooltip are confuse... U .U

• Options
    tamsirlidiantamsirlidian Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    I think it's a 100% chance but with a 30 sec cooldown