test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should I retire my DC again?

eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
So it only lasted one mod. My DC virtuous or faithful prior to mod 6 was a little useful. And now its over. Thanks to the incredible idiotic bonus of the drowned elemental set. Someone with LS boon and this artifact set weapons will never ever need me.
All those enchants i've been trying to upgrade, artifacts mythic or on way to. Pfiiiut all gone to waste.

Comments

• karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    I saw DCs in elol that could out DPS an GWF (so the class has damage potential). You can go full DPS/Buff for your party.

And yes i agree, the game is hilariously easy in it's current state. I really like Underdark but the two skirmishs are also too easy (no real damage threat in it).
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    May be my DPS DC can come out of the shelf.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    No DC should ever out-damage any real striker class around similar I levels.. If they do, the dps should look at what they are doing.

The only healing class that can do odd, weird and , well Im not sure if its 100% intended, damage, is the healdin, with some conjunctions of stuff, I will not discuss here. I wouldn't say they are wrong.. as its clearly a build that is doable with regular feats and boons, it just does stuff, that no DC can do with it.

The only real utility you can build is buffing and battery. I haven't even taking my HP armor off in a few weeks.

I still await something that may require my spam healing again. Maybe epic demogorgan.. regardless you either go righteous to debuff, or you have HP.. or both.

Went from me using bastion on tank over and over.. to mostly doing it every other rotation.. to just using it to build AP for group.

• melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I leveled a DC to 60 to unlock the artifact. I thought it was going to be painful, but I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. In fact, I'm going to take her to 70. I'm specced DPS though, so that might be why.

In regards to damage, I did more in a dungeon at level 62 than my roommate's level 70 TR. Of course my roommate apparently doesn't really know what he's doing, so that could be why, hah. Either way, I enjoy playing her.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    eolee said:

So it only lasted one mod. My DC virtuous or faithful prior to mod 6 was a little useful. And now its over. Thanks to the incredible idiotic bonus of the drowned elemental set. Someone with LS boon and this artifact set weapons will never ever need me.
    All those enchants i've been trying to upgrade, artifacts mythic or on way to. Pfiiiut all gone to waste.

Wich drowned elemental set? Do you mean drowcraft or dusk armor?
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I mean the artifact weapons MH and OH that heals you for 50% of your HP every 30s and triggers every minute...
    edited November 2015
    I doubt anyone would get those.. you dont even need healing as it is.. random cw heals can do everything in game fairly easily , let alone personal lifesteal.. even at 8-10% you will get fairly regularly hp back.

It might not be AS good as the old days at lower % values, but at even higher % values 15% it maybe even BETTER.

For the record, you really dont need heals with most teams anymore, you might, do a few random heals, it doesnt mean you cant make it super easy though.. just a like a paladin on the team.. Pally + DC + 3 dps (or even better add a GF + 2 dps)

You will see things melt like butter.. Did recently a 4 utility + 1 tr dps.. we melted lostmouth in 4-5 seconds, well before it flew up. It was crazy..

But we had HP, HV + trans terror+ trans plague involved in that run , let alone all the other buffs from the classes involved.

Ive seen it happen a couple of times, but never quite as fast as that one run.

So yes debuffs/buffs are alot more powerful then poeple give them credit for.

But sadly, the new skirms are not built in a area that takes much advantage of them.. other then maybe the last boss fights.

POM in particular IS trash to DCs.. you are greyed out half the time.. running in circles.. no need for DCs much at all there.

I think you doubt wrong... 95% of my guild already got this set. just think about it in pvp?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I strongly disagree with the OP. To me the drowned set is tacit acknowledgement that taking in-combat regen away entirely was a mistake. If you're a solo player who cannot self-heal, it's a great set bonus.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    Those water artifacts heal over 30sec. Do you really thing this is good? I think its quite useless, your hp is at 100% nearly all the time...
    It's like the regen of mod 5: it's not for dealing with spikes but rather those times when you're between healing potion cooldowns.
    hustin1 said:

I strongly disagree with the OP. To me the drowned set is tacit acknowledgement that taking in-combat regen away entirely was a mistake. If you're a solo player who cannot self-heal, it's a great set bonus.

Well I'm talking about a DC in party, so you're totally entitled to your opinion, but i think you just read my post wrong. A DC is a support class = for a group. And its a MMO.
    looomis said:

Those water artifacts heal over 30sec. Do you really thing this is good? I think its quite useless, your hp is at 100% nearly all the time...

Im not saying this is good, im just saying that one more time, it makes 2 trees of the DC class even more useless, already before we weren't much needed. And im not talking about my own HP but the HP of the party.

As for now, im just used as a big Snail for my party, i just spam encounters for them to get AP.
    edited November 2015
    Can someone post he link to those new artifacts?
    I found it, its on artifact equipment collection
    Its called drowned orb, the 50% healing is every 60 sec tho.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    I think you should do as I did and retire every class. With the lack of understanding exposed by the development/designers, the lack of fixing existing problematic issues and then introducing newer ones to the game -- that just is a major red flag that the people working on this game have no qualifications or capability to realize things and that under such a revelation we cannot expect any improvement and a random and steady decline.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    I disagree. DCs have more to them than just applying band-aids. They have buffs, debuffs, and can boost party's ap generation or just go the dps route themselves. How could 50% hp every half a minute be that much of a threat? I'm running a Faithful build with a little bit Virtuous thrown in and use High Prophet with other buffs and debuffs. I don't feel useless even when people don't need healing, because it's just one of the services DCs can provide.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    If I were going to bother getting a new MH/OH set, I'd probably go for the healing set. However, the stats suck, so I'll probably stay with the Elemental set until at least next mod (if I'm still playing then)

DCs have always been better at preventing damage than healing it.
  • benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    eolee said:

True. I loved my DC and it was wanted in mod6.
    Now they say it was bug of Damage resistance and fixed. I said it was fine. You had to bring tank+heal to party.
    Now its mod5 again when you just burst through dungeons with dps classes...
    I don't play with Dc at all.
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I'm virtuous: I've no problem, but the new skermishes/raid due to the their mechanic.
    If you think that a cleric is mainly a healer, then you're playing it bad.
    I still need heal powers, mainly for ME: I love spamming rk 4 HG in seconds, I love buffing whoever is around me with 5K+ power, I love breaking the spirit on a mob/boss and see them melted, I love dps classes shining with DG.
    All the above works if you're in a team or not.
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    DCs are not for healing. They are buffers and debuffers and they are great. Right now the biggest dps party is :
    GF,DC - buffers\debuffers + HR - controler great sinergy wit dps: GWF+SW
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    ravenan said:

DCs are not for healing. They are buffers and debuffers and they are great. Right now the biggest dps party is :
    GF,DC - buffers\debuffers + HR - controler great sinergy wit dps: GWF+SW

Correct.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtaNxVe--qQ
    GWF POV - I'm the cleric in this video: 3 support classes and 2 dps here

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
    DC's can be for either, or some of both. We have choice in our builds and play style, or at least we are supposed to.
    its a worthless pve set.. its entire advantage is in pvp.

There is nothing.. that any class with a build of 2.4-2.5k cant do in game by themselves, they defiantly don't need some heals to accomplish it.

DCs are in a bad spot in this mod because of the following only:

A, regardless of this set, no one needs heals, like the start of mod 6.
    B. We are relegated to spot mechanics, which only hit 50% of the players 50% of the time. DCs are at their most effective for grouped mobs or bosses.
    C. the only real role is debuffing or battery with spot heals. Only in pvp can faithful even be useful.
    D. new skirms and hes, do not require healing, are promptly designed in such a way that our spot mechanics are less use and that leaves debuffing.. hes dont need our debuffing at all, or barely, some epics are ok with a dc, the regular ones, naw. They die before you can hit something with our slow skills anyways. Skirm design IS really disheartening. Its like they couldnt think of a use for a DC, so said, screw it.. we just wont bother. PoM is worse then throne as the block middle, really prevents you from helping your team, last boss is ok, as you can slam it again.. but overall, its really have no use leading up to that fight.

Spot mechanics have been a issue for awhile, Ive argued this since SW release , back when you only had the GF, CW (who was mid support damage) TR and gwf, ALL , everyone was around the ashield and benefited from your buffs and the spot mechanics were ok. We are SO far away from that part of the game, its no longer ok!

Since then we had the SW, HR class introduced, adding even more RANGE into the system, the core mechanics of the DC need to altar to adjust to the changing paragon of the game and yes.. that may be uncomfortable to some, but I wish they would get along with it already. Imagine if druid is next? we are likely to see teams NEVER around your DG!

BTW, if they wanted to ADD real value to the DC, make warding flare a CC immunity against these new grey out mechanics.. its like the DIVINE CLERIC can call a sanctuary circle TO itself, protecting its allies against harmful effects.

OMG.. see the stuff that can be done, if they would put some time into it.

We have asked for something to be done to a worthless junk power for some time now, this would be a instant hit! (other things need to be changed again as well, but this would've been a perfect implementation of a otherwise terrible skill for this power.)

The problem with utility, is they are the ones that have to be changed the most and most often, dps is always dps.. a sword hit of X Value X Stats always = a performance enhancement, as long as gear increases stats.

Debuffs and Buffs, are not handled in the same manner and in addition, when you remove the need for core mechanic such as healing, it leaves the DC in a place that is just not nearly the same.

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    Kinda funny, U claim that DC is buffer/debuffer. Ghem. I have broken DC with random feats and focusing on healing. And when I heal I am last person by DPS<<<< But I manage to keep party alive. If u never been in party with Healer DC build sorry for u.. But fact not so many DC want to go with heal tree. Most want be dps freaks.. No one even try play as common rpg style.. healer/tanker dps. All want be dps freak...
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    karakla1 said:

I saw DCs in elol that could out DPS an GWF (so the class has damage potential). You can go full DPS/Buff for your party.

And yes i agree, the game is hilariously easy in it's current state. I really like Underdark but the two skirmishs are also too easy (no real damage threat in it).</blockquote

You must have had horrible GWF's.

• kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User

its a worthless pve set.. its entire advantage is in pvp.

There is nothing.. that any class with a build of 2.4-2.5k cant do in game by themselves, they defiantly don't need some heals to accomplish it.

You may be right but everyone is doing Drowned Shores so it's pretty much the only set you can get right now. I wanted the Air set but no one is farming Spinward Rise HE's so my only choice for weapon upgrade is Water.