test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how well do you know your wicked reminder?

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
ever since my rogue mentor in game showed me the benefits of wicked reminder in fight i always used that encounter for major boss fights . but lately i discovered its a wonderful tool for trash mob too.
usually i slot ss, smoke, path of blades and rotate with that trio while doing skirmish or dungeons.few days ago changed my entire encounters rotation for ss, dazing strike and wicked reminder. surprisingly not only i was able to not die but i actually increased my dps basing my dmg on stealth+wicked reminder, not only that i usually based my fights with trash mob with my at-wills (dhs and df) but i was surprised i almost did not used them and had no need to use them and my dps was good and i mean like surprisingly good.

would like to read or if any rogue out there can share more knowledge about this elusive encounter.

thank you.

Comments

• Options
    chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    I use WR in almost every boss situation, and while it can have effects on trash, it's just not even close to optimum. Far more utility is obtained with SB, Blade Fury, and for me SS, but others may choose another encounter.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    I'm betting they still haven't fixed the 2x LostM proc with every WR.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    kweassa said:

I'm betting they still haven't fixed the 2x LostM proc with every WR.

no they did not :)
  • Options
    milkyguymilkyguy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    *Digging the old thread
    I have a question regarding this power. Does it only reduce the DR, or actually buff the incoming damage? I just did some testing with my guildie using target dummy and apparently it boosted the damage target received by about 22%. Note that she has over 60% RI already, but I don't think it matters anyway because target dummy doesn't have DR.
  • Options
    milkyguy said:

*Digging the old thread
    I have a question regarding this power. Does it only reduce the DR, or actually buff the incoming damage? I just did some testing with my guildie using target dummy and apparently it boosted the damage target received by about 22%. Note that she has over 60% RI already, but I don't think it matters anyway because target dummy doesn't have DR.

confirmed it does boost all party members dmg for a short duration i think like for 3 sec.
  • Options
    svenisperfectsvenisperfect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    Not only have they not fixed the interaction with Lostmauth set, I even have the feeling that if your first trigger of the encounter is big enough to one shot a creature, the second hit will hit a different creature standing next to it. (or this may have something to do with my latency and the fact that whenever I press the key it will always fire do a second Wicked Reminder regardless of me pressing once or twice).
  • Options
    ericgrahamericgraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    Funny you should ask...earlier today I was typing in chat after a dragon run (for which I had WR slotted). Someone aggroed some nearby mobs and then died, and I had to kill them with WR, LB and DF. WR was actually not as bad as I thought it would be for multi-target damage. I could see a WR/dazing/smoke bomb rotation working well for trash-clearing.
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    I use it in a majority of dungeons, against adds and boss, starting with a Stealthed WR then with a non-stealthed WR between 2 DF choregraphy : little cooldown, buff the damages of the entire group, multi-proç Lol set, multi-targets in few cases. I hope the Owlbear cub bonus work with each non-stealth WR hit ( and BF )..

In pvp i use it in IWD, probability of 1v1 or 2v1 is better. Against more of 2 players, i use Dazing S.