test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leadership reward chests BOA, please?

kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I would like to suggest to make Leadership reward chests being BOA rather than character bound.
This will enable us to store in in the bank and trade them between our chars using shared account slots.

This is one of those little things that will make players life a lot easier :).
I'm not a programmer but this looks like a simple fix.

Making trade bars acc bound was a great thing to do. I do believe that game should go along the BOA path with few other items.

Thank you!
Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
2). Yes. I am panzer!
3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Agreed. I think the only items that should be character bound are ones that you get as quest rewards. Rewards you get from professions should be Account Bound. Any crafted items from professions should be BoE. Why Cryptic still walks this BoP route is beyond me. Just this change alone will make managing alts so much friendlier.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Off topic question, but is VIP account bound or character bound? Can each character get the daily VIP rewards?
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Account bound. Only 1 key per account though.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    argroschargrosch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Account bound. Only 1 key per account though.

Well, while the Lockbox-Key is indeed bound to account, the bag is bound to character.

So I would like to see this bag as well as the Leadership ones to be bound to account.

RIP Foundry

• Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Agreed. Would make things so much easier.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Agreed.

Let us move them. Ive been saying for awhile, that most other mmos Ive played had a much rider range of account bound items, (even seals honestly)

This is one that is quite annoying. Prefer to stash and store on one toon.
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I don't know that making the Leadership chests BOA rather than BOC makes much difference to me on a personal level. It is only two or three slots in my bag, and I don't think I would transfer these chests to my Account Bank because of the work getting to the bank on a daily basis. At least the rewards aren't BOC--that would be awful.

On the other hand . . . It would be incredible if Seals were BOA!!!

> @silverkelt said:
    > Agreed.
    >
    > Let us move them. Ive been saying for awhile, that most other mmos Ive played had a much rider range of account bound items, (even seals honestly)
    >
    > This is one that is quite annoying. Prefer to stash and store on one toon.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    It makes the difference when you want to open them and get the loot on one character.
    Moving 3 kind of chests is much better than moving like a dozen of items that pop out of them.

Again, these kind of tweaks are really welcome to be implemented. A nice little convenient detail that makes players happier.
    Hope it will be noticed by the devs.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Rewards in chests are BoE no ? so this is just a storage problem for players, and storage problems can be resolved with more/bigger bags. 1 more bag slot with mod 8.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    never mind.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mirlegris said:

Rewards in chests are BoE no ? so this is just a storage problem for players, and storage problems can be resolved with more/bigger bags. 1 more bag slot with mod 8.

This has to be a troll :)

I see no real reason to NOT make these bags/coffers BOA.
    While we've got an extra bag slot with Underdark , that is not really related to my request.

Those little tweaks are much needed to make the players feel better about the game.
    So the request is still on.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    mirlegris said:

The issue is not only about storage. It is about moving stuff from Char A to Char B.

Right now, open chests and it can take (say) 20 slots. I usually open close to 100 chest of 1 type at the right time. You may have 20 empty bag slots. However, you still need to send 4 mails from Char A to Char B. If you have more Char, more mailing issue (mail box full, no empty bag slot for the receiving end, etc).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    +1 on account bound. I think everything that is not BoE should be account bound, character bound items should not exist unless they have been bound by equipping.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work