test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PvP]New Artifact Stealth Rings

To keep things short and sweet, the new stealth reveal rings will decimate TR's in PvP, currently if a TR is out of stealth and out of ITC, that TR is dead.

My recommendation is to make the stealth reveal rings and the rings that grant stealth on a seperate layer of stealth.

One ring reveals the stealth given by the ring

the stealth given by the ring has no bonuses

Leave the Class Mechanic from TR's alone.

It's already bad enough that our tab feature was just given to everyone in the form of a ring.

DERSIDIUS
ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN

Comments

• lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    agreed, and they already removed the ring that hurt the other classes. so much for no big Balancing changes for mod 8. I would say taking away our tab ability is pretty damn big

@asterdahl
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    No stealth ring or stealth revealing rings, please.

I will keep repeating myself until these rings are deleted or the effect is changed.

Stop introducing broken items, FFS, would you devs?
  • mrmcsmithysmrmcsmithys Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Devs please take no notice of the above three posters , all they want is to remain op'ed perma stealth TR's and are only whining because they see that perma stealth ( or almost perma stealth) is finally being dealt with .
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    If they break your core permstealth build wich is a non sense build in every MMO, you will cry, so accept those rings and deal with them as finally a little counter to your Opness revealed by the last NCL.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I have a feeling they made these things because they're incapable of fixing stealth itself. Just a lazy band aid.
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    you are probably right, the part of the stealth is too important in the TR class, they should probably revisit the entire class to lower the stealth impact, but they should at the same time boost others things for the TR.
    Don't think they have the time especially when you know they don't have the time to make a new race or a new class since a while.
    So those rings are clearly a quick way.
  • lightweight#1008 lightweight Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    If these new rings release they will make rogues obsolete along with a big population of what is left of NW. Nerf stealth all you want but to have it where players can see you while you are stealth makes TRs tab ability completely useless. Thanks devs. Good job killing what is left of this game. SMH. I guess it is a good things all these new games just released so leaving NW will be an easy decision if these rings release.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    most TR´s I see are near allways in stealth, some few play other builds, the perma nub TR is a build that is cheap and easy in lots of cases, these players have an all time advantage stacking offensive powers and play their dumb game
    at least this ring allows some classes to counter this absurditiy in PVP and force them in defence, for a short time i hope
    whining thread about an silly overpowered class , nothing else
    and even if TR´s get diminished over all in PVP, its a relieve not facing 2 TR´s in most matches, the class is easy and cheap in lots of aspects and thats the reason why its overrepresented
    The nub player will leave that class and hop on the next, like allways
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9649833

good lord, now everyone starts with a free ring. I wonder how many are gonna be stealth reveal
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    +1 its a shame
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    The point is just this: if these rings are supposed to counter base class mechanics i dont get why i shouldny get a similar ring for other classes.
    Full stop.
    Otherwise its just a plain class racism
    edited November 2015
    morenthar said:

most TR´s I see are near allways in stealth, some few play other builds, the perma nub TR is a build that is cheap and easy in lots of cases, these players have an all time advantage stacking offensive powers and play their dumb game
    at least this ring allows some classes to counter this absurditiy in PVP and force them in defence, for a short time i hope
    and even if TR´s get diminished over all in PVP, its a relieve not facing 2 TR´s in most matches, the class is easy and cheap in lots of aspects and thats the reason why its overrepresented

So what you are admitting here, rather stunningly so, is that stealth isn't really the problem?

1. "most TRs I see are near always in stealth" Which is it? Do you have problems finding and affecting TRs in stealth?

ItC and SE has been discussed ad nauseam. Those are real issues with the build to which you refer. All TRs do not use that build. All TRs use stealth.

2. "at least this ring allows some classes to counter this absurditiy in PVP"

All classes currently have ways to counter stealth. Are you aware of them?

3." and even if TR´s get diminished over all in PVP, its a relieve not facing 2 TR´s in most matches"

How about a relief not facing 2 of any class? 2 of any class, especially against certain other party compositions, can absolutely make a match not worth playing.

Let's get real, you talk about TR whining when your above rant is its own nonsensical whinefest. You very obviously cannot handle a fight against a TR. The problem is with you and others like you.
    1. most Tr I meet play permastealth build "oneshooter" ---> its cheap and easy , hard to understand?

2. it is absurd to give a class the ability to be permanent invisible and attack all time from stealth--> absurd
    and about "all class have ways to counter" , are you aware how effective it is being SE´ed, ever tried to counter from the side of death?

3. yes its a relief, hopefully having a wide spread of classes facing each other, its getting better since redicules broken days of mod 5, but there are more steps to go, deal with it

4. no TR is not my worst problem by far, and my class has abilities to handle them, thats right, but having an ability to counter these nub builds is very nice in deed, so if anyone thinks he can join Dom and have a good time running all time in shadow and 1-button-SE other players I can say "okay fak you , go home lazy nub"
    and I really hope TR gets some better builds up than this lazy c.rap

5. all TR´s that run other builds than "one button style", having high deflect , face tanking you with or without ITC will have less problems for sure

Did you ever thought about the slight possibility that a oneshooting perma hiding class in this game was never intended to exist? I guess not
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

The point is just this: if these rings are supposed to counter base class mechanics i dont get why i shouldny get a similar ring for other classes.

Full stop.

Otherwise its just a plain class racism

As far as we know, ring of Natural order allows you to do just that.

SW soul sparks (long time to build up, makes up for 70% at least, of overall combat capacity of the build, both offensive and defensive, with damage buff, deflect buff and borrowed time)

GWF capstone stacks, destroyer stacks, hidden dagger self buff. Pretty much, as far as we know, 90% of GWF damage deleted. Not considering hidden daggers (can refresh), destroyer capstone (unstoppable main effect on the build) is disrupted. Out of that unstoppable offers DR that is pierced (ignored) by TRs (convenient asking for al class mechanics to be treated equally when your class can bypass a good part of another class mechanic effect), CC resist for 4-8 seconds, and small (at first activation) temporary hit-points. Which, compared to damage stacks, are usually marginal. Loss of damage stacks from capstone is -50% damage buff. Not enough? If a GWF slots steadfast determination as suggested by Quallo, he either loses destroyer buff, or weapon master crit chance, or much needed bravery speed and 10% deflect. So there's a considerable loss in any case. No matter how you look at it.

CW loses chill stacks

Don't need to say how much loss of AS for DC and self buffs for OP affect these classes.

There is no "class racism", so no TR victimism please. But there are some classes that are less affected from these rings. But also, we don't know all the rings. Devs post says there are a lot more rings and you will get them from free explorer pack at start. So there could be other rings that affect GFs and HRs more, may be. Let's say there's a ring that gives 10s CC immunity when being struck by a player. Wouldn't this disrupt permarooters?

As far as i know, some rings are yet to be revealed. In the devs post a ring giving up to 950 crit is shown (2% crit chance lol). That's a weak ring, for example, but others might be stronger.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    pando83 said:

As far as i know, some rings are yet to be revealed. In the devs post a ring giving up to 950 crit is shown (2% crit chance lol). That's a weak ring, for example, but others might be stronger.

You must have not seen or heard about the ring that gives 30% dmg resist as long as you continue moving.

I really don't think GWFs has to worry that much about ring of natural order, as they'll be even tankier, and have 1 full minute to build up those stacks. Plenty of time to do a lot more damage than anyone else.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
    jaotut said:

pando83 said:

You must have not seen or heard about the ring that gives 30% dmg resist as long as you continue moving.

I really don't think GWFs has to worry that much about ring of natural order, as they'll be even tankier, and have 1 full minute to build up those stacks. Plenty of time to do a lot more damage than anyone else.
    yes in deed a powerfull ring to avoid damage, in case you are not at DR cap
    you need >83% arp (about 9400stats) get a GWF below DR cap
    in case he wears 30% ring you need far more, about 166% thats... a lot of stats.....arp is not exactly linear 20k arp is 146% RI I was told , but only works in case he is running...

for a warlock its everyone above 5% arp will deal extradamage even wearing T Negation
    probably they implementet these rings for classes with low shift mechanic and no dodge?
    but tbh it would not help anything since most equipped player are at 13-15 k arp
    so wasted for warlock most time except he is shifting all time...

the purpose of these ring is hidden, but I assume they implented them to solve these 100 of problems in PVP without touching PVE
    like permastealth
    monsterbuffs
    broken enchants
    low defence mechanics
    etc.

• sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User

morenthar said:

So what you are admitting here, rather stunningly so, is that stealth isn't really the problem?

1. "most TRs I see are near always in stealth" Which is it? Do you have problems finding and affecting TRs in stealth?

ItC and SE has been discussed ad nauseam. Those are real issues with the build to which you refer. All TRs do not use that build. All TRs use stealth.

2. "at least this ring allows some classes to counter this absurditiy in PVP"

All classes currently have ways to counter stealth. Are you aware of them?

3." and even if TR´s get diminished over all in PVP, its a relieve not facing 2 TR´s in most matches"

How about a relief not facing 2 of any class? 2 of any class, especially against certain other party compositions, can absolutely make a match not worth playing.

Let's get real, you talk about TR whining when your above rant is its own nonsensical whinefest. You very obviously cannot handle a fight against a TR. The problem is with you and others like you.
    1. most Tr I meet play permastealth build "oneshooter" ---> its cheap and easy , hard to understand?

2. it is absurd to give a class the ability to be permanent invisible and attack all time from stealth--> absurd
    and about "all class have ways to counter" , are you aware how effective it is being SE´ed, ever tried to counter from the side of death?

3. yes its a relief, hopefully having a wide spread of classes facing each other, its getting better since redicules broken days of mod 5, but there are more steps to go, deal with it

4. no TR is not my worst problem by far, and my class has abilities to handle them, thats right, but having an ability to counter these nub builds is very nice in deed, so if anyone thinks he can join Dom and have a good time running all time in shadow and 1-button-SE other players I can say "okay fak you , go home lazy nub"
    and I really hope TR gets some better builds up than this lazy c.rap

5. all TR´s that run other builds than "one button style", having high deflect , face tanking you with or without ITC will have less problems for sure

Did you ever thought about the slight possibility that a oneshooting perma hiding class in this game was never intended to exist? I guess not
    This ring may not stop one-shotting. You are ranting about two issues, so you want to kill both the "back-stab" that is inherent in all forms of classic DnD rogues AND do away with stealth. I have never seen so much absurdity in my life lol. Guess everyone will be GWF/OP/DCs lol...ROID-RAGEFEST!!!

I still play my TR. TR's always find a way :P
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I read and I can't stop laugh. And so thats it.. Great Uber pvp class TR players cry because they will loose game style like>> mommy look I can win with one hand. mommy I can win with closed eyes..

I read posts about claimings that they are skilled players, and other stuffs.. .. And from what I can see, its like I am beast because I can use perma stealth, but scary rabbit when stealth gone.. I think most of SW players have more guts then u guys.

.. Also these rings have chance effect, not like u lose Invizibility for all time. ITs same as I would use lantern of revelation

I still think TR is most skillless class in Neverwinter. Most kids in pvp just like easy wining or how they call it OWNING.

Skilled TR players will probably not even care about these rings at all. After all its not like u don't have chance to run away from fight, and this ring effect gone and u back to fight.. Enough of easy gameplay with TR, time to put some efforts in pvp. Also TR still have 1 hit u dead ability, no other class have this stuff like GWF with great tenacity and resists tons of HP and got killed from 1 stab.

The hatred of TRs in this game and on this forum is worthy of a psyc thesis.

Where u can see hatred? From what I can see devs finaly decide to give chance other classes fight back, not just watch how HP droping and u can't not nothing... All know that TR is freaky OP in pvp. And its require least efforts to win battle than any other class.

p.s I played with TR, For me pvp looked like cheating.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================

I think most of SW players have more guts then u guys.

Brave?! Guts?! HAHAHAHAHA. I hear this HAMSTER all the time.

You guys are all taking this HAMSTER too serious.

Here it is:

There's LIFE...REAL life, and...

this GAME. A very fun game.

Bravery is in places like the thousands of war zones on this planet, i.e. people trying to save their loved ones from controlling, murdering, tyrannical fuckwads and their ilk.

Another note: If you step back and look at all this class bickering you will see the very epitome of hypocrisy, and...Don't you cry babies playing these classes ever try to play the OTHER CLASSSES? HUH? HUH? WHAAAT?

RNGesus people, if you dont like something in game send Cryptic a message (BEFORE THIS GOES LIVE) and stop fighting among yourselves. It's all you can do, or maybe quit playing O_o.

Have a nice day and happy hunting. :smiley:
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

Here it is:

Bravery is in places like the thousands of war zones on this planet, i.e. people trying to save their loved ones from controlling, murdering, tyrannical fuckwads and their ilk.

Another note: If you step back and look at all this class bickering you will see the very epitome of hypocrisy, and...Don't you cry babies playing these classes ever try to play the OTHER CLASSSES? HUH? HUH? WHAAAT?

RNGesus people, if you dont like something in game send Cryptic a message (BEFORE THIS GOES LIVE) and stop fighting among yourselves. It's all you can do, or maybe quit playing O_o.

I never broke line, whats game, remain withing game, thats include talks, pvp/pve guild problems and etc.
    Whats real life stuffs remain for real world.
    Next time when u don't have arguments better don't write posts, because u went fully offtopic.

And when I wrote about guts, it where about having courage to go pvp in hard way.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    I hate stealth TR's and I do believe they ruin the game. But on the other hand, ring that gives out stealth seems wrong. Ok with stealth revealing ring, but should have short range, that way part of TR player skill set is now knowing when to come in and out of range. That way we can separate the good TR's pvp players from the rest.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User

...nah.

It's a simple sum of hatred due to bad experience being killed by one - and envy.

Maybe the stealth ring will quench the latter a wee. But that ofc won't stop the bad experience thing...

...nah.

It's a simple sum of hatred due to bad experience being killed by one - and envy.

Maybe the stealth ring will quench the latter a wee. But that ofc won't stop the bad experience thing...
    I wouldn't say envy, otherwise everyone will just play TR. It's the experience of having an encounter with one, and being stuck on what to do. You can't do anything unless you have skill that doesn't require target, and only gwf has pvp skill that doesn't need targeting. Good players know and will admit that certain skills their class has need to be nerfed, i.e. some fine OP players in this game. TR's players seem to have an aversion to any change in their class, even though there is an almost uniform consensus that their class is broken in pvp, and require no skill to play. I won't say anything of the sort, I have never played TR so I don't have the right.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
    edited November 2015

Here it is:

I never broke line, whats game, remain withing game, thats include talks, pvp/pve guild problems and etc.
    Whats real life stuffs remain for real world.
    Next time when u don't have arguments better don't write posts, because u went fully offtopic.

And when I wrote about guts, it where about having courage to go pvp in hard way.
    I was simply mentioning that many on here use those terms loosely, if for no other reason than to "call somebody out". To me it falls on deaf ears, and is very CHILDISH (get my point honcho?).

If you don't understand what I was insinuating, or how I was tying this into the greater conversation of "class bickering" that is happening (if you care to read the forums a bit more critically) then maybe you should re-evaluate your definition of "off-topic".

As to the last thing you said, I indeed like to play others classes in PVP (As I mentioned in my "off-topic" reply lol), and I also love that challenge. I am just on a TR kick atm and will have fun then move on to the tank classes i have neglected (They have made it so hard to gear up alts though).

My point stands...unlike that overgeared GWF after a SE/DS/SoD process. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you folks really gotta lighten up :smiley:

Have faith that these "17 Ring to balance them all" will answer your prayers...

Happy mother-HAMSTER hunting everyone :blush:

• zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    Well there is no word from devs on pulling the stealth reveal rings and mod launches in 2 days. So I would guess that their plan is to watch and "see how it goes" to assess how much these rings really compromise TRs.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    "Exterminate!!!"

Weren't Devs those dome-top conical robot aliens ???

...i'm pretty sure it's been something with D...

Oh, well, looking forward to the rage fest...
    zeusom said:

Well there is no word from devs on pulling the stealth reveal rings and mod launches in 2 days. So I would guess that their plan is to watch and "see how it goes" to assess how much these rings really compromise TRs.

its pretty bad. The devs will have no choice then to buff damage back. Which might not be a bad thing due to the difference in striker damage (GWF vs TR)

oliboyph said:

...nah.

I wouldn't say envy, otherwise everyone will just play TR. It's the experience of having an encounter with one, and being stuck on what to do. You can't do anything unless you have skill that doesn't require target, and only gwf has pvp skill that doesn't need targeting. Good players know and will admit that certain skills their class has need to be nerfed, i.e. some fine OP players in this game. TR's players seem to have an aversion to any change in their class, even though there is an almost uniform consensus that their class is broken in pvp, and require no skill to play. I won't say anything of the sort, I have never played TR so I don't have the right.
    not really, every class in the game now have builds that are good for pvp. This includes vs TRs.

Only mid to low tier players still get dumb by stealth.

However for the players that are skilled and know how to fight all classes, this ring will allow them to easily dispatch TR, that is the problem. This isn't balancing or fixing or anything of the sort. It is one item that any class can use to mitigate TRs tab ability. The reason everyone wants TRs visible is because a visible tr=dead tr. TRs don't choose to go in stealth, it is the only option. Without it we are dead.

Anyway, I am sure devs haven't tested enough and will soon realize what they did. Interested to see how it is handled

• daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User

"Exterminate!!!"

Weren't Devs those dome-top conical robot aliens ???

...i'm pretty sure it's been something with D...

Oh, well, looking forward to the rage fest...

I think you mean the Daleks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalek
    Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
    edited November 2015
    lwedar said:

oliboyph said:

...nah.

not really, every class in the game now have builds that are good for pvp. This includes vs TRs.

Only mid to low tier players still get dumb by stealth.

However for the players that are skilled and know how to fight all classes, this ring will allow them to easily dispatch TR, that is the problem. This isn't balancing or fixing or anything of the sort. It is one item that any class can use to mitigate TRs tab ability. The reason everyone wants TRs visible is because a visible tr=dead tr. TRs don't choose to go in stealth, it is the only option. Without it we are dead.

Anyway, I am sure devs haven't tested enough and will soon realize what they did. Interested to see how it is handled

C'mon man, even in GG where everyone is above 3k, a group of 5 players still get stumped by TR's. How are you supposed to hit TR if you can't target them, and most PVP skills do not execute without a target, are we supposed to change powers if we see a TR coming? Aoe skills for pvp anyone?

I've seen some TR's our there that don't use stealth that often, they instead use dodge well. They are still extremely effective. Remember when you could block point nodes in domination by just standing on it. I think it was TR's fault that they decided to change how it worked.

There may be some things that plan on doing for PVP but perma TR will make it impossible to be playable. Be more objective on this, have you ever had a game where you there is a class that is permanently invisible? I'm up for them being able to one-shot people who aren't paying attention, i'm totally up for them being able to use invisibility to roam corner undetected, but for a class to be able to hold a position simply by being invisible doesn't seem like a mechanic you can make a decent pvp event with.

Might I also add, that perma invi TR's are the reason why HR's and SW's are so rare in PVP, they are basically food for TR's. So please be more objective, think outside the box, and give the devs some credit.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    lwedar said:

zeusom said:

its pretty bad. The devs will have no choice then to buff damage back. Which might not be a bad thing due to the difference in striker damage (GWF vs TR)

Yeah the TR can certainly use a damage buff that is for sure. I don't think comparing with the gwf is appropriate because I am pretty sure they are not meant to be dealing the kinds of damage they are dealing. If they fixed the interaction issues it might make it more readily apparent what should be done. Simply comparing with the GWF, though, you are talking about needing a 100% to 300% buff to even out again.