test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Imprisonment buged?

flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
Some times it dont work (only enter in cooldown), and never paralisys any foe.
Tagged:

Comments

• romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Depends on the target you use it on. Some enemies are immune to any form of CC, some are just highly resistant.
    It may very well be that it is bugged. I mean, it's not an encounter anybody uses and I don't think it has been tested thoroughly.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

Depends on the target you use it on. Some enemies are immune to any form of CC, some are just highly resistant.

Pretty much this. Any mob you'd actually like to waste a spell slot on to lock down has such high CC immunity that Imprisonment is worthless.

Unless someone's come up with some clever use of it in PvP, I wouldn't even put points into it.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2015

It may very well be that it is bugged. I mean, it's not an encounter anybody uses and I don't think it has been tested thoroughly.

I tested in all lv70 foes (Sharandar to Icewind Dale), and nobody stay paralisys.
    In some, not even Arcane stacks work.

It is much strange from me, thats power is useless.

Unless someone's come up with some clever use of it in PvP, I wouldn't even put points into it.

No work's in PVP too.
    Apparently, Negation Enchant block thats power.

For me, its classify "buged".

• gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Yeah worst encounter ever made in this game. So useless in all situations. :P

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• ultradd#1718 ultradd Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Well it can compete in uselessness with the feat in same tier at least!
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    imprisonment works. is a chain and it paralyse and in pvp. you need to hold the button until ends.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User

imprisonment works. is a chain and it paralyse and in pvp. you need to hold the button until ends.

im going to test that on dom
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    No use in PvP as well. It's just another example of the devs failing to understand how to implement powers effectively.

Empirically speaking these types of powers are quite often referred to as 'banishment' type CCs, a special hold/paralysis type of power. Usually these 'banish' powers have the distinct disadvantage of making the target immune to harm, but the corresponding unique advantage of the power being that it usually;

(a) has much longer duration than other CCs
    (b) usually has an 'absolute duration', not effected by anything else and forced to run its course
    (c) it cuts off any outgoing/incoming effects -- buffs, debuffs, heals, etc..

So in PvE, these types of powers are usually cast on the strongest mobs which may be difficult to handle due to a large number of minions or etc.. and in PvP, casted on major healers/debuffers, since in many games healers can be difficult to take down. Alpha-cast on the healer while the rest of the team focuses other DPS, is usually how it is used.

In NW... just meh. No reason to use it anywhere. PvE is easy enough to not require any CCs at all, and the duration is much too short to use in PvP.

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'