test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you to Customer Service

blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
I wanted to publicly thank the CSR's who worked on my trouble ticket from the weekend. They went above and beyond imo, and I am very grateful. @strumslinger , if you can pass along the kudos, please do so.
Here's my story:

I've been making a few Lesser Fey Enchantments in anticipation of 2xrp, hoping to rank up my artifacts. I don't have a lot of ad, so it was a fairly large hit to my resources to make the 5 I had.

So, 2xRP hit, first thing I did was grab that stack of 5 lesser feys and drop them into my artifact. Came up with the standard message "are you sure, this is a high quality item" thing, I said yes, it asked how many, I OK'ed the full amount, and the message "You have discarded Lesser Fey Enchantment" popped up.

OMG, I was literally sick. After a few moments of stunned silence, followed by a few choice words and throwing a couple of things, I went back through the log and sure enough, it said I discarded them. I don't know about the rest of you, but those message boxes for use and discard look so much alike, this is not the first time I've done this. I've discarded a couple of stacks of peridots, random enchant stacks, etc. But this one really hurt!

I took a screenshot of the log and the character artifact refinement thing open, and finally decided I'd ask for help on the off chance someone could do something for me. I fully admitted I'm an idiot, gave the story, included the screen shot, and sent the support ticket off to the netherworld.

On Monday, got a response saying they were sorry for my missing item problem, and asking for approximate time that it happened. Figured it was probably a canned response, but I responded with the time I took the screen shot. Tuesday, they sent me a nice reply saying that as a one-time courtesy they had returned the items and to check my inventory!

So above and beyond what I expected. Sure, I missed the double rp event with them, but it was totally my fault for not reading the message and randomly clicking away.

I no longer will use the drag and drop interface for high-ticket items in refining. I've done this too many times to risk it. I'll go through the hassle of using the drop-down chooser to make sure they're going into the refinement window. But, I do wish they'd implement a different message box or some way of alerting the user of the difference between the discard and refinement stacks.

The CSR team deserves major kudos for actually looking into this idiot move of mine, and have my eternal thanks for returning these items. Can't thank you enough!

Comments

• Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Nice to hear they responded positively.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I passed this along to them and they said thank you!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options

I passed this along to them and they said thank you!

Thanks so much for passing it along. :smile:
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I think this is a really important post - I've seen so many post with people angry at the CS teams (yes, I get frustrated with Customer Service myself), sometimes it is policy or SOPs, occasionally it's the individual. But rarely do we see some good kudos for them. Nice to see a positive one out there.

(And I feel your pain @blackjackwidow - last double RP I discarded 5 stacks of Peridots. And ended up short... 5 stacks of peridots to get my artifact gear to Legendary. I raged :wink:)
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Being polite with them works a LOT better than being rude and hateful, especially when whatever issue you are wanting resolved is your own fault. If you are rude and cussing, you generally will not be happy with whatever results you get.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I once discared a rank 9. They told me they couldnt do anything.

Thx!

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options

I think this is a really important post - I've seen so many post with people angry at the CS teams (yes, I get frustrated with Customer Service myself), sometimes it is policy or SOPs, occasionally it's the individual. But rarely do we see some good kudos for them. Nice to see a positive one out there.

(And I feel your pain @blackjackwidow - last double RP I discarded 5 stacks of Peridots. And ended up short... 5 stacks of peridots to get my artifact gear to Legendary. I raged :wink:)

Agh! I raged over 1 stack of peridots - at least twice before. I didn't even think about putting in a ticket. The pain is real, for sure. (kept repeating "it's only a game, it's only a game"... surprisingly, that didn't help. :wink: )

And yes, poor CS, they deserve a little love when they do something nice. :smiley:

I once discared a rank 9. They told me they couldnt do anything.

Thx!

I think the screenshot of the log and character helped. Don't know if it was an issue for you, but I think it also helps, as @kreatyve said, to be polite. It WAS my fault; there are things that made it easier than I'd like to discard that stack, but ultimately, I'm the idiot who clicked OK, go ahead and discard this stuff. It was very generous for them to return those items to me.

For the record, they also specified it was a one-time courtesy; I'm not going to get any more generosity for my senior moments in the future, so you can bet I will not be dragging and dropping anything above a rank 2 enchantment anymore. Lesson learned!
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    I have to say, that refinement screen is really stupid. Why on earth would anyone want to discard items when dragging them on or near the refinement window. That discard dialog/option to discard should never happen when the refinement window is open. I've lost countless stacks due to 1mm distance between being in the box vs out of the box.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    They really should implement a box wherein you are required to type 'delete' or 'discard' before getting rid of an item. It's a safeguard to prevent kids from emptying out daddy's or mommy's inventory in one fell swoop. But I suspect they are happy with the current method as countless items are accidentally discarded in this way, which would likely result in more money being spent to replace what was lost.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    I am glad they sorted this out for you and it is indeed good of them.

I also agree that the delete/discard shortcuts on the popups should be reviewed and reconsidered as I especially dislike the 'discard' beneath 'refine' on an equipped item and I strongly feel that equipped items should be required to be unequipped before being discarded as an additional safety (not relevant in your situation but things like these should not have a rarely used and very negative option just below a commonly used option).
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I know a lot of people bash the customer service here, but my experiences on the whole have always been really good.

I'm glad they resolved your problem quickly and positively, despite best intention there are a lot of issues in game that can result in items going 'poof' or just appearing out of the blue, I experienced a similar issue myself which was resolved in 48 hours postiviely.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    grifter1grifter1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Great post. Thank you for posting this. It's always nice to see positive feedback. Especially regarding CS.
  • Options
    sm0ld3r said:

I have to say, that refinement screen is really stupid. Why on earth would anyone want to discard items when dragging them on or near the refinement window. That discard dialog/option to discard should never happen when the refinement window is open. I've lost countless stacks due to 1mm distance between being in the box vs out of the box.

lirithiel said:

They really should implement a box wherein you are required to type 'delete' or 'discard' before getting rid of an item. It's a safeguard to prevent kids from emptying out daddy's or mommy's inventory in one fell swoop. But I suspect they are happy with the current method as countless items are accidentally discarded in this way, which would likely result in more money being spent to replace what was lost.

hedgebet said:

I am glad they sorted this out for you and it is indeed good of them.

I also agree that the delete/discard shortcuts on the popups should be reviewed and reconsidered as I especially dislike the 'discard' beneath 'refine' on an equipped item and I strongly feel that equipped items should be required to be unequipped before being discarded as an additional safety (not relevant in your situation but things like these should not have a rarely used and very negative option just below a commonly used option).

Agree with all of the people who have made suggestions regarding the interface. I was going to make a post requesting some changes to the interfaces, but noticed quite a few posts already. Don't want to dilute the message with too many posts, but it's something that has bothered me for a long time (and cost me a lot of heartache and AD in the past as well :smile: )
  • Options
    grifter1 said:

Great post. Thank you for posting this. It's always nice to see positive feedback. Especially regarding CS.

Thanks - I think it's important to give positive feedback once in a while. I've worked in CS before - you must have too :smile:
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    I also think that insufficient thought is given to the problems that can be caused by a dodgy interface. A member of my guild lost a mythic artifact during the masquerade event, she still doesn't know how but we suspect it started with double clicking the mask intending to refine it and equipping it instead. CS eventually restored it but we still don't know what happened.
  • Options
    kgatorgkgatorg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    The split stack and delete interface caused me some problems as well. I deleted 10 GMoPs, fortunately for me they were returned after I sent in a ticket, so just adding to the thank you CS.
  • Options
    locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Hold it, hold it. Isn't anyone curious why he was using lesser Fey Enchantments to rank up an artifact? Isn't that basically the same as discarding them?
  • Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Well it's nice you got results, I've had only disappointment. A bug in character display and I'm told to spend Zen to change my appearance. I lost items because a preservation ward didn't get applied (probably lag), and I was told essentially that it was my fault and tough.