test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Stream: Salvatore Questline 11/5 at 4pm PT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Hey everyone,
We'll be hosting another developer stream where I'll be playing the Salvatore questline for the first time as Sean McCann walks me through it! Get your first look at this series of quests, which will lead you to Mantol-Derith.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Strum you said there was more underdark other than mantol derith npcs city...where is it?
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    rayrdan said:

Strum you said there was more underdark other than mantol derith npcs city...where is it?

The skirmishes and Demogorgon fight also take place in the Underdark. The Salvatore questline might also bring you there, but I don't know yet as I haven't played it.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes, but I think most players were expecting more than that, from the way you said it. I think people were expecting and entire adventuring zone, ala Well of Dragons, Sharandar etc, but that is obviously not what we are getting.
  • zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User

Yes, but I think most players were expecting more than that, from the way you said it. I think people were expecting and entire adventuring zone, ala Well of Dragons, Sharandar etc, but that is obviously not what we are getting.

they never mentioned an new adventure zone. read the blogs, announcements or interviews on mmo sites. i saw this comment from strum too - mantol derith + "more underdark" and i didtn believe it >:)
    [Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i m so full of doubts, all i saw were 3 skirmishes ( demogorgon is more a skirmishes than a raid but its not a problem). All of them with just one room. Thw dwarves skirmish is a remake of a gauntlgrym old dungeon which cant be really called new.
    3 heroics encounters, the same 3 HE in all the old maps...doesnt matter where you go
    a nice city with no reason to go there except for the vendors and stop. The salvatore's quest will be nice i m sure but 9 quests that everyone is going to do once and then forget about them cant help much.

Cant remember a previous mod with so little additions.. so wouldnt have been the right time to think about a couple of those class balances and old dungeons? Cant talk about bug fixing, the last patch helped a lot.

• zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    I'm not actually going to watch this stream yet, I want to play through the questline without spoilers, so I can enjoy the story.But from what I've read, we're going to be slogging to old zones do do the new quest and that's fine. It's the prologue to the the main content of the Underdark.
    What bothers me me is How little Underdark we get, 1 Hub zone and reused maps for 2 skirmishes and a new 10 man....thingy....it's not a raid, it's not a dungeon, I suppose it's a 10 man skirmish. Where oh where are the endless tunnels,the sense of isolation from the surface, the unknown terrors of the Underdark? I Honestly think they should have stuck with the WoTC name for the campaign Rage of Demons, because that's what we're getting, demons. We're not getting the underdark this time round at least.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    It is beginning to look like Cryptic is finally learning and by adding little to the game they know they will have less to inevitably fix. However will this lack of substantial content draw back the players they alienated with Mod 6? I know my doubts have yet to be assuaged by this stream and what little is on Preview.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    arabatur said:

It is beginning to look like Cryptic is finally learning and by adding little to the game they know they will have less to inevitably fix. However will this lack of substantial content draw back the players they alienated with Mod 6? I know my doubts have yet to be assuaged by this stream and what little is on Preview.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Not likely. I have played since open launch, worked my way up to end game and they nerfed me.

( I say me but I mean all plays who had it happen )

I still cannot go back to dreadring, sharander, well of dragons, since mod 6. Because all my armor and other eq got nerfed when mod 6 changed it all. I used to buy zen, until mod 6 made my purchases worthless. Then they remove ad from leadership, without any adjustments to ad sinks in the game or costs. And they put 15%, 25%, 35%, and 50% coupons in invokes? A big waste of bag space. I discard everyone of them on my 2 toons.

No, mod 8 will not draw people back Imho.
    Post edited by strous1 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    cant remember where, but a dev mentioned they will be adding more underdark content over subsequent mods.

EDIT: Got it. mmo-play.com/mmo-blog/neverwinter-underdark-interview

Will the Underdark setting be expanded upon in future modules, such as the introduction of Skullport? (Who can hate patrols of flying skulls?)

Yes, we are planning to continue the story of the Underdark (and the invading Demons) in future modules