test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recommended setup for trapper pvp??

kingzeke7897kingzeke7897 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
After a recent respec ive gone full trapper and so far pvp is easier with my hr then with any other toon i have just wanted sum info from any more experienced trapper pvpers on what powers and features are most effective in pvp. Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• pipetstebepipetstebe Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    class feats: lone wolf/crushing roots
    daily: forest ghost/disruptive shot
    encounters: fox/constricting/hindering
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Basically Crushing Roots class feature along with any or all of the rooting powers like Constricting, Binding and Hindering and you're set for some of the easiest, cheesiest gameplay ever invented.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i run with

aspect of the serpent/crushing roots
    forest ghost/distruptive shot
    fox/hindering/constricting arrow
    aimed strike/carefull attack

high crit which is unconventional for a major number of roots hence dazes hence cooldown reduction and lostmauth procs.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    As above, but using fox.constrict/hinder only works if you're going for the laziest and least damaging kind of perma-stun. That is useless against the four character classes that are basically control immune (not to mention high geared CWs that for some reason keep jumping around no matter how rooted they should be). To do damage against TRs, GWFs, GFs and paladins, you want to use hinder/longstrider's/constrict. Gushing wound +careful attack is the HR's best weapon. This will get you killed in times when fox might have saved you, but you'll be able to do much more than tickle the melee and healer classes. Also, every one of those 20 hits from Gushing Wound shortens your ranged cooldowns, so if you're not dealing with a control-immune class, you just dodge away from someone you've hit with it and pound them to death with ranged attacks. In my opinion, using Longshot form the archery feat tree makes you much more dangerous in pvp. In Domination I use Thorn Ward instead of Longstrider's because in those maps you're much more likely to have to 1v1 against an opponent. Even against GFs, planting a thorn ward behind them as they face you means they keep taking damage, which also disrupts their shield. Again, Longshot makes this much more deadly.
  • kingzeke7897kingzeke7897 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    thanks for the tips guys ill give it a shot, more then likely ill still suk at pvp lol