test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lag and strongholds

ajax0101ajax0101 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
I don't say this to be sparky but how are strongholds battlesgoing to work given the current lag issues. I've seen what happens in the well of dragons when 40 people are on the screen and the frame rate suffers tremendously. What if anything is being done to combat this?

Comments

• theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I've been thinking about this too.
    I've been "complaining" about lag and extreme frame rate issues since a month after release and it never seems to improve, even when they promise improvements will come - especially after the latest big server update. And now they're boasting about maps that's "four times larger than the largest existing map." Really PW and Cryptic? Have you even played your own game on the xbox? Where the instances breaks down to 4-5 fps during somewhat crowded events. Where it's nearly impossible to find a dungeon/skirmish that doesn't lag and drops in frames. Where the lag and frame rate drops are extremely noticeable and game breaking even in smaller instances with five players.
    Are the devs really content with the state of this game, considering that they're moving forward with new, even bigger, content like everything is honkydory?
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    I agree 110%
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Not sure how that's going to play out. The rubberbanding in the 5man instances has been crippling lately. HE Zerging around a zone can understandably create a laggy situation, 5 man instances..much less understandable. (Fios)
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User

Are the devs really content with the state of this game, considering that they're moving forward with new, even bigger, content like everything is honkydory?

If people are paying, the devs are content with the state of the game. Why would they fix anything when people are willing to pay anyway? There's absolutely no excuse for the often less than 1 fps that occurs during a heroic encounter. It's not an issue with network speed. The game is fundamentally flawed, it needs to be redesigned from the ground up by programmers who actually know what they're doing.
    That's why I don't spend a cent on this game; I don't care if it takes forever to gear up for endgame.
  • dontbeupset#8367 dontbeupset Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Even after the most recent patch it's a rubber banding lag fest again. They deny that it's a bandwidth problem but it's funny when a bunch of people were banned for 3 days everything was smooth as glass and now that they're not banned back to constant lag. But hey it couldn't possibly be a bandwidth issue. Everyone knows companies never lie or cheap out. The fact that they actually believe people will spend money on a game with servers this bad is just funny. They're content with making 10% as much money as wow I guess. Pretty sad when a companies goal is to be a mediocre runner up franchise.
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    the lags from this game not only issues with the server but also where the gamer is from. i was going against a guy from france and i realize that everytime i go against that person, i tend to lag and that person was literally transporting anywhere and there's also lag glitch that people can do to glitch out from gengking or zerking which i don't really want to go into it as i saw some players doing that
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter