What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account wide companions

13»

Comments

• yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    seasons passing by....
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...OK, the Mod release had had priority, that's an acceptable excuse.

But now that it's up and running...

...OK, the Mod release had had priority, that's an acceptable excuse.

But now that it's up and running...

nope. not even close to acceptable.
  • dentage1234dentage1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Chalk me up as another waiting on official word as to when this will be resolved. And, at risk of sounding snide, I'd appreciate it if the official word is NOT 4 1/2 months of "there are a lot of moving parts, but I have a Post-It note on my monitor."
  • bluehufsa#6414 bluehufsa Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, sorry for hijacking this thread, I'm new to this game and i have 2 questions about companions: are there human/humanoid companions? can they be renamed or they do all have the same generic name like "Mary's cleric disciple" or "Johnny's spider"? Thank you .
    Unknown space adorer

Hi, sorry for hijacking this thread, I'm new to this game and i have 2 questions about companions: are there human/humanoid companions? can they be renamed or they do all have the same generic name like "Mary's cleric disciple" or "Johnny's spider"? Thank you .

Yes and yes.

Now back to the topic:

I've suggested that the account wide promo companions might be handled like other companions out there - with an unlocking code. This has been shown to work, and might hence be made to work again.

The number of players qualifying for that Slaad/Spider/Scorp promo should be fairly limited, hence it should be possible to distribute - via e.g. email, or in-game email - an individual, unique code to every player. Why? So nobody can "spill the beans" - when a code is used on more than one account, it could be disabled ASAP...

comments?
  • saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    OK, so let me get this straight...
    The new weapons quest is bugged and does not work as intended (big surprise there)...
    And just to make it MORE fun, I now cannot sell/delete the useless item in my inventory...

Well this was well thought out now wasn't it?
    saskdaddy said:

OK, so let me get this straight...
    The new weapons quest is bugged and does not work as intended (big surprise there)...
    And just to make it MORE fun, I now cannot sell/delete the useless item in my inventory...

Well this was well thought out now wasn't it?

was it not expected?

• mersenneprimemersenneprime Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    yokki1 said:

was it not expected?

Are you not entertained?

I don't see why people would post something so off topic in a thread, and expect a response.

OTOH, I'd love to know even the tentative timetable for resolving the companion stuff

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
    edited November 2015

yokki1 said:

was it not expected?

Are you not entertained?

I don't see why people would post something so off topic in a thread, and expect a response.

OTOH, I'd love to know even the tentative timetable for resolving the companion stuff
    nope. not entertained. like i said at some other post somewhere they have done this sort of thing more than once (most likely first time to test the waters of the people's reaction then they repeated it cause they could get away with it without big losses) stopped having fun since some time with the game (around the time the majority of the population left), what broke camel's back was this fiasco (to be polite and not call it something else), not even logging in game anymore (just let my characters rot, wont even give items to anyone), just lurking forums from time to time i have literally nothing else to do. i moved to another action combat mmo that recently became free to play after being subscription based for a year or so (were those enough hints as to which it is?) and not moving back ever to neverwhatever.
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    yokki1 said:

nope. not entertained. like i said at some other post somewhere they have done this sort of thing more than once (most likely first time to test the waters of the people's reaction then they repeated it cause they could get away with it without big losses) stopped having fun since some time with the game (around the time the majority of the population left), what broke camel's back was this fiasco (to be polite and not call it something else), not even logging in game anymore (just let my characters rot, wont even give items to anyone), just lurking forums from time to time i have literally nothing else to do. i moved to another action combat mmo that recently became free to play after being subscription based for a year or so (were those enough hints as to which it is?) and not moving back ever to neverwhatever.

Yeah, I have been in Neverwinter once since June.

I keep an eye on this issue because I really liked Champions Online, and I haven't been there much since June either.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
    Today's patch didn't fix it. Now, all the blocked-out entries from the Claims Agent's "Promo"-menue have vanished, but none of these companions are accessible at all. Doh.

...why am I not surprised???

Well, at least it appears you're still doing something. An update would be appreciated.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    two30 said:

This is what my Reward Claims Agent currently looks like:

Problems:
    1. No account-wide Black Death Scorpion or Phase Spider.
    2. The Death Slaad is unclaimable both in account-wide and BoE form.

why 5 btw?
    rayrdan said:

two30 said:

This is what my Reward Claims Agent currently looks like:

Problems:
    1. No account-wide Black Death Scorpion or Phase Spider.
    2. The Death Slaad is unclaimable both in account-wide and BoE form.

why 5 btw?
    That was an early attempt at remediation, if you care for all the details you can probably gather it from the stickied thread...

...in brief: Promo said Acc-wide unlock, when delivered it had been one (BoE) of each you'd qualify for. After some debate this had been upgraded first to three, then 5 of each - BoE, per account. This is the remainder of those - two30 apparently didn't ever claim any. Yetweallfalldown has kept on to rectifying this, full unlock as advertised, but alas...