test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How the hell do you earn dwarf gold?

majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
Nothing in icewind dale awards this currency. Is the only way to earn this by trading in Genie gifts?

Comments

• Options
    vtiiiiiiiiiivtiiiiiiiiii Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Once you get your IWD rep up to 50, go to the campaign and there's a task to 'Unlock Dwarven Valley'. Do this and after the time is up, it'll ask you to speak with some other NPC's.

These NPC's will offer tasks that reward Dwarf gold rather than Auril's Tears.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah it confused me at first until I noticed it on the Campaign window (lower right)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Wow. Nothing in game tells you this. The quest givers just said I needed more rep and when I reached 200+ and still couldn't earn the currency I was pissed. So I have to pay 30,000 diamonds to be able to advance the campaign, yet another sink, awesome.
    Post edited by ambisinisterr on
  • Options
    you got it ;)

• Options
    meliboo#4082 meliboo Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    majik518 said:

Wow. Nothing in game tells you this. The quest givers just said I needed more rep and when I reached 200+ and still couldn't earn the currency I was pissed. So I have to pay 30,000 diamonds to be able to advance the campaign, yet another sink, awesome.

The campaign actually tells you all of that. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure everything is spelled out as to what you need and how to get each thing. Just go to each part of the campaign and it tells you.
    Post edited by ambisinisterr on
  • Options

majik518 said:

Wow. Nothing in game tells you this. The quest givers just said I needed more rep and when I reached 200+ and still couldn't earn the currency I was pissed. So I have to pay 30,000 diamonds to be able to advance the campaign, yet another scumbag sink, awesome.

The campaign actually tells you all of that. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure everything is spelled out as to what you need and how to get each thing. Just go to each part of the campaign and it tells you.
    No, it doesn't. I went through every quest giver and every quest description in the campaign menu. Nowhere in any of this does it say that those upgrades were required to progress, the only thing anyone says is that I should come back when I get more rep for harder quests.
  • Options
    meliboo#4082 meliboo Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    No not actual "people". In the campaign screen where it shows your boons and stuff. Each one will tell you what you need, that's what I was talking about.
  • Options
    It gives you a breakdown of what you need but it doesn't tell you how to get the items. e.g. the boons tell you that you need dwarf gold, it doesn't mention how you open up the valley to get the gold.

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator

This content was released over a year ago and this is the first time somebody has ever posted that it is confusing...

You need Dwarven Gold and are shown the ability to explore the Dwarven Valley. Hmmm...what are the chances you'll find Dwarven Gold in a Dwarven Valley...that alone should make it abundantly clear.

Nor do I think it is reasonable to expect to advance in the campaign if you are refusing to unlock certain aspects.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    lol that's slightly trolling for a forum mod :D

To be fair it confused me (for about 15 mins) until I had a proper look at the campaign board. I suspect it has the same impact for a lot of players & as no npc actually tells you what to do it's not unreasonable for a person to be confused - implying they're thick is a bit much.

Edit: I'm sure a lot of players just asked guildies in game and it's only been out for a matter of weeks on xbox.

Oh and at no point in his posts did he say he was 'refusing' to unlock it, he just said "oh great.." at it costing 30k AD - which is fair enough. That's two days earnings for us nubs.