test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dissapointed in 60+

So, I was excited to see an mmo that I could play on a console. I've had fun with the game up until level 60. Now all it has become is grinding repeatable quests until level 70. I'm confused why they made this choice. Why not have a quest line that at least is interesting to follow that helps hide the grind? They gave us elemental characters that could have been interesting but they never built them up at all.

I am also disappointed that they got rid of level 60 dungeons. Why not just keep the dungeons and add more for level 70 characters.

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    yeah we know. watch out though or someone will accuse you of 'crying'.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The grind from 60 to 70 was insane! And I did it with 4 toons lol. I feel your pain my friend. But that's what this type of game is all about...grinding. Whether its fun or not, all about the grind.

Edit: Also, to make it easier/quicker I would suggest Azures in Utility slots and grind out Drowned Shore until level 66 or 67.
  • mikeyfliesmikeyflies Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    There should be more endgame content and a faster progression to reach that grind imho. There should be several tiers of lvl 70 dungeons from easier -> most difficult. The easy ones should be more like the old 60 dungeons and the most difficult harder than the current ones. The easier ones should help you gear up for the next set. Having progression like this would help people feel like they are making progress and give them a roadmap for how to progress. Again, just My Humble Opinion :)
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    In a way they do kind of have a progression dungeon wise. You run the t1's for alliance gear stuff and then you go to t2's
  • flarestar#4285 flarestar Member Posts: 11 Arc User

There should be more endgame content and a faster progression to reach that grind imho. There should be several tiers of lvl 70 dungeons from easier -> most difficult. The easy ones should be more like the old 60 dungeons and the most difficult harder than the current ones. The easier ones should help you gear up for the next set. Having progression like this would help people feel like they are making progress and give them a roadmap for how to progress. Again, just My Humble Opinion :)

to be fair most mmos take a lot of grinding to reach best in slot of everything. runescape would take like 4-6 years for the average hardcore gamer to max everything. this game would take like 2 years tops.. however most console gamers aren't even used to be playing a game for more than 6 months lol.

however the problem with the game is that the grind is too linear and boring.

• grimes91grimes91 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm glad most of you agree with my opinion. And yes, it's not the grind itself but the fact it is grinding and is a slap in the face to all the quests that you have done before.
  • crimsonlightning#8932 crimsonlightning Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I think the initial reaction to hitting Lv60 is as has been described; kind of a let down as you realize you've been dropped into an existence of repeating quests, dungeons and a bottomless grind. However, I honestly think that's a beginner's perspective that everyone eventually grows out of quite quickly. One couldn't have expected a forever story and endless serial of story progressive quests , could they?

Maybe some of the problem here is the lack of lineage; the fact that the game doesn't have to be played in a "story mode" line until you reach the level 60 and the final mission where you see the crescendo and gain closure to the story with an ending and credit roll. Instead you're just unceremoniously thrust into life as it will be forever. Perhaps that's what it is and why it seems empty at first.

You will quickly realize that it's no different from Lv60 or 70 than it ever was. You still grind, try to get better stuff and never read or listen to what the lore, story or NPCs say just as you have for the countless hours of play it took to get to 60. The only difference is that now you work to get good things, not the sub 60 junk you picked up off the floor and called your best equipment before lol

Honestly I know that feeling when you see the first repeatible quest grinding area -- that drowned place. The Drowned Shore.

Yeah you'll get over that feeling. It actually gets much better at Lv70 when you have multiple campaigns going as a sense of purpose -- it's not just the XP boosting hamster wheel it seems like from Lv60 to 70.
    Post edited by crimsonlightning#8932 on
  • paulieg62paulieg62 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    So I shouldn't have expected a actual story after level 60 , what lack of imagination and creativity. Isn't that what dungeons and dragons is all about.
  • manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    It would be nice if at least in the Strongholds you could chop some wood at the lumberyard, fishing or gather crops to get food and so on for the production structures, that way you could participate a bit more within the stronghold, they could even increase the requirements for that instead of the ridiculous amount of campaign currencies. Also it could be kind of a break of killing stuff mindlessly to have some sort of mini games like that.
  • paulieg62paulieg62 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    ^ what he said
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yep that would make a nice change for a lot of people - also the cap on what you can donate is really annoying.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Sounds like Skyrim DLC...it was fun as hell!
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    lol...all mmo is built this way tho, is all about the grinding and trying to max every slot u have....the grind on this game is not bad compare to WOW or final fantasy online series tbh
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User

s4v10rx said:

lol...all mmo is built this way tho, is all about the grinding and trying to max every slot u have....the grind on this game is not bad compare to WOW or final fantasy online series tbh

The grind on this game is horrible compared to wow. For one, you can't pay to skip your wow grind. I sometimes feel like I should just buy a ton of zen and get it over with, but I don't support pay to win games. Secondly, the grind in WoW isn't quite as linear. You don't get the best gear in two weeks and then spend years or two thousand bucks to upgrade it. The grind is for the gear, which is how it should be. Third, the mount grind. If you want the best or coolest mount in wow, you're grinding for it. How, exactly do you grind the coolest mounts in NW? You pay for it. Fourth, the dungeons and raids are actually difficult and require teamwork. The pally can not make everyone invincible. Everyone needs to learn to play their class or they're not completing the content. You can't just faceroll through the content like you can in NW, where the only difficulty present is monsters possessing insane amounts of damage. I could go on for another few thousand words, but I'm sure you get the point, and anyone who has ever played a non p2w mmo already knows everything I'm going to say.

The bottom line is NW grind is too linear and much more boring than wow, not to mention it can be completely skipped with real world money. Let this be the last time we besmirch the good name of wow by using it in the same sentence as neverwinter.
    lol..that's what i mean when i say the grind in this game is not bad as WOW as this game is giving the option for rich gamer to pay real cash to skip or to make their grind easier while WOW did not have that option, i agree on the grind is way too linear and does not comes with good rewards for the grind. that's why ppl that switched playing WOW to this game does not have any issues grinding from lv 60 to 70, took me 4 to 5 days of grinding both my TR and DC from 60 to 70. i know some hardcore player in this game took only 1 day to grind 1 of his char to 70 =)
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter