test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sigil of the devoted?

onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
can someone tell me how to get it? What do I have to do?
I have a lvl 70 cleric (DPS) and a CW lvl 60.

Comments

• amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    After you get the CW to 70 the artifact quest becomes available in icewind dale. You get the quest from the guy inside the bar. You know? The only spot in town where they make you get off of your mount?
  • randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Just remember they can't figure out how to do basic text changes.. So its two level 70's not 60.
    ^^^ lol
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

Just remember they can't figure out how to do basic text changes.. So its two level 70's not 60.

What? Onlymat already has two characters to lvl 60+. He/she only needs to except and complete the mission with their DC to get it so long as her CW has already visited ID. "Which requires lvl 60" Or have I been mistaken all this time.

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    As others have said, two level 70's. It's a go

What? Onlymat already has two characters to lvl 60+. He/she only needs to except and complete the mission with their DC to get it so long as her CW has already visited ID. "Which requires lvl 60" Or have I been mistaken all this time.

You have been mistaken because of the sloppiness of the developers. The text was never updated. The intention of the quest was that you needed 2 end-game characters to qualify and you still do. When the quest was originally implemented 60 was the level one could enter IWD. Now, you still must have 2 characters able to enter IWD, so in spite of the dialogue, you must have 2 level 70s. As was pointed out, there has been talk about moving the questgiver out of IWD. If that happens the requirement could be lowered, but I have not seen any confirmation that it will happen, only that it may happen.

Until they fix all the bad dialogue (there are other cases), it is best to assume that any requirement that says level 60 really means level 70.

Well that is very discouraging to say the least. I was in the middle of leveling up a CW "current lvl 45" to acquire the Sigil of the Controller for the control resist. I have absolutely no interest in leveling her to 70, I refuse to do that grind again and I have no spare high lvl Azure enchantments or Icosahedron augment. If I had known this then I never would've bothered and I would've obtained the Symbol of Earth artifact instead. I suppose I've been too involved in PVP lately to have noticed the fine details/errors in the quest.. :(
  • meliboo#4082 meliboo Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    > @yourenext2die said:
    > Well that is very discouraging to say the least. I was in the middle of leveling up a CW "current lvl 45" to acquire the Sigil of the Controller for the control resist. I have absolutely no interest in leveling her to 70, I refuse to do that grind again and I have no spare high lvl Azure enchantments

Spare Azures? Why not just use the same ones you used for your main? On PC I have 6 lvl 70's and I used the same rank 10 Azures, at the time I only had them at Rank 10 now they are maxed, to get all my toons to lvl 70.
    I probably shouldn't have used the word spare as it implies that I currently have Azures for my main, I do however have an Ico Augment collecting dust that I haven't used for my main since reaching lvl 70 and I was more or less referring to that. My Azures are long gone and even if I had 4 I would rather not waist the 2 gold per enchantment to take off per character. Sadly I have to grind for almost everything I have or need, the reason why I started grinding for the free SOC to begin with so I can use what little AD I get for unlocking my last boons.
  • mylyf2mylyf2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    got mine last night, questgiver was in Protectors Enclave.
    mylyf2 said:

Where in PE is Jarlaxle Baenre?

• mylyf2mylyf2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

mylyf2 said:

Where in PE is Jarlaxle Baenre?

(if i remember correctly)
    look at the following map:
    http://game-maps.com/Neverwinter/Protectors-Enclave-Neverwinter-Map.asp

the questgiver is around the NeverWinter South City Gate
    They did indeed fix it with the Strongholds update. My CW isn't lvl 60 yet and it is now allowing me to do the mission with my TR.. Hmmm, maybe the system is now recognizing my deleted lvl 60 GWF account?
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Are you actually capable of completing it at level 60?
    I mean wouldn't those mobs one-shot you?
    I had a pretty hard time with my fresh GWF (which I only leveled to 70 to get the sigil).
    And I have a level 61 DC which I kind of gave up on for now due to a miserable DPS on a healing cleric which makes running Vigilance tasks quite tedious.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • caeudyscaeudys Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I completed it yesterday with my level 66 scourge warlock and my 70 gwf. The instance area is level 70+ enemies so it was pretty hard for my sw. I also helped a buddy of mine level 63 hr complete it using my gwf as a tank.
  • jody095jody095 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I have heard of people completing it with rank 4 characters. Ask around in game.
    ^^^ stop mentioning that bro
    jody095 said:

I have heard of people completing it with rank 4 characters. Ask around in game.

That would not be WAI and would be an exploit and bannable. Of course, the credibility of players in game can be questionable sometimes.

• jody095jody095 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Hopefully they would let you known it was a bannable offense before you get banned. Not the players fault the game has loop holes. Truthfully its pretty broken in several aspects, but all my guys are level 70 and on the up and up o:)
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Got my third sigil with a level 61 DC playing solo all in blues and greens, so I guess other classes should be able to do it around level 60 as well.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
    jody095 said:

Hopefully they would let you known it was a bannable offense before you get banned. Not the players fault the game has loop holes. Truthfully its pretty broken in several aspects, but all my guys are level 70 and on the up and up o:)

I think we might be talking about different things. I think you are talking about the ability of a low level companion to obtain a sigil from the reward vendor (SGT, Knox actually gives quest Friends in High places) and the ability to unlock a sigil for a different class at a low level. The first is an actual quest if you have unlocked one (so, totally possible for a level 4 to get) and the second would be the exploit, if possible.

The thread was a discussion of the ability of a sub-70 to unlock a new sigil. Before, impossible. Now, possible at level 60.

I actually just got around to completing The Vault of the Nine and I was taken back by how incredibly easy it was.. When I arrived at the final boss I thought to myself "there has to be more to it" but there wasn't. I look forward to running my CW next.
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    You just did VoN with your main? That took a while lol. Anyway, I have noticed it is pretty much useless to run unless you run a DC. The DC sigil seems to be the only one worth running. My DC is lvl 63, so I am trying to get it. On my TR, I don't even have the sigil equipped. I have Token of Storm, Lantern, Horn, Belials Stone. Seems to be much better loadout, granted the Token has horrible stats...it packs a massive punch though.
  • armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User

You just did VoN with your main? That took a while lol. Anyway, I have noticed it is pretty much useless to run unless you run a DC. The DC sigil seems to be the only one worth running. My DC is lvl 63, so I am trying to get it. On my TR, I don't even have the sigil equipped. I have Token of Storm, Lantern, Horn, Belials Stone. Seems to be much better loadout, granted the Token has horrible stats...it packs a massive punch though.

DC Sigil is totally useless on a PVE Pathfinder HR... the CW Sigil is much bettter 1000 Power and 1000 CS @ Mythic