test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Foundry Author's Guild

guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
Is there a guild specifically for foundry authors? If not... does anyone have any thoughts on this subject?

Comments

• lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    I was looking for one too. Back when I played before we had one going. Let me know if you find or start one. :)
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    Given the game structure, I assume you mean an out-of-game guild?
    There was one called "Scribes Enclave", but it suddenly disappeared. :(
    I'm not aware of any others, but if someone else is, or if SE moved and I just never heard, I'd like to know.
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    The only one I knew of was Mythweavers but I have no idea if they are active or note.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Well.. it's just that.. shortly after the strongholds update... I received an in-game guild invitation. I accepted... so as to take a look at the stronghold aspect of this game. That was the last time I saw or spoke to one of my guildmates.... several weeks ago. Although I have joined the facebook group devoted to foundry authors... It seems like having one specifically for playing and supporting foundry works would be well received. We could coordinate playing specific foundry campaigns.. perhaps even find some way of cooperatively collaborating on foundry creations.... or hosting our own competitions.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    i just /channeljoin foundry on my player accounts, that way I can answer any questions that anyone throws out.

im happy in my guild, so I won't be joining. ;D

Scribes Enclave and Mythweavers are two foundry focused (albeit mothballed?) ones.. the facebook group is another option.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Scribes Enclave was fantastic for finding cool quests and getting help with your own, alas due to lack of participation (and lack of foundry updates from Cryptic) it's been closed.

First I've heard of the Mythweavers, and their site has at least some activity? You can find them here:
    mythweavers.org
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    In my mind I have this community for Foundry and we mostly talk on the forums and when we are in Foundry zone and then I have my RP guild to play with when I am in the rest of the game. I imagine I am not the only one.

My RP guild is a medium RP style, most of the best roleplaying are game-related forum adventures our guild DM manages for us. We also have some guild adventure foundries. We're not big but we're active. If you are interested in talking to us send me a tell in game at @DoctorBadger. I'm guild leader this term. We have quarterly elections so we don't burn anyone out. We're sensible like that :)
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • lythaguslythagus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Hi All,

Just of note, Mythweavers are still going strong and are awaiting the return of the foundry. We are currently recruiting RP and storytelling minded individuals that are looking for a home of friendly, respectful and supportive people. Please look us up in game or on our page.

Birel
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    @lythagus It's good to see you guys are still around. I've seen the guild name Mythweavers around, but haven't seen it very often so it may be a time zone gap. The foundry section of the forums has become awful quiet lately. You might want to suggest folks in your guild visit more often, it often seems as there's only 3-4 people who actively post recently. My confidence in the return of the Foundry is waning, I still have projects that will be worked on, but I'm keeping my personal expectations fairly low. Perhaps a more robust presence on the forums would help suggest that interest still exists. I have a personal guild for my family, but I will share this thread on the Facebook "Cryptic Foundry Authors" page, which any Foundry interested persons are certainly welcome to join.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i would like to join as association with mythweavers, cant leave my guild but as storyteller support, i can create dungeons, not good with scriptings.
    i do have trilogy planned, but Cryptic lacks what i need and they are too few and not much optional to work with, it feels it need help from players who may can create customize contents like Neverwinter Nights series did.
    dont know why Cryptic put too much restrictions on contents or are they lazy with reskins over and over?