test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Returning Player) Odd issues noticed today

liontadpoleliontadpole Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I've played NW since launch, but left around the Hoard of the Dragon MOD. I've noticed a few odd issues and wondered if anyone else has had these, or if perhaps it's a one-off. (first off I used a 200mbps down/50mbps up internet con with a 30ms ping time.

Minor Rubberbanding
Seeing a lot of this. Move forward, be repositionied back. Chain melee moved on a GF, get bumped back. Move with DC to pick up loot, adjusted back a little. It's not as bad as being pushed all the way around corners but you can "feel" it. feels liek server side lag.

Slow Ups
Along with the rubberbanding are slow ups. Not framrate issues, but movement slow ups where you'e riding along and it feels like you're dragging the emergency brake for 2 seconds and then you return to normal movement. Thee's no streaming loading on screen. Happens quite often actually. Not so much as to be unplayable, but enough every twenty seconds or so to make me think something's up.

Game Starts Up lagged until ALT TAB
I've never seen this on NW before. Load the game up, it starts out framey (character select) until you hit ALT TAB which doesn't alt tab to other applications at all but seems to make NW the current window. It's as if although the game is set to load up in full screen it starts off not as the primary app and is throttle back and lagged. Very odd. You can actrualy through cick to arc in the background. Feels like app priority is not aligned with rendering.

ARC Browser running multiple threads
alt-ctrl-del often reveals ArcOSBrowser 32 bit running 3-4 times at once is this the various ARC adds Steam like frotn end advertising scrolling? Seem odd. Why does it need to run so many times? You can watch it spool up and down constantly.

In any event. If anyone had any simialr issues perhaps these are bugs or recent weirdness in the latest patch.

Comments

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Yep (Latency)
    Yep (Latency)
    Yep (New Video driver/shader changes, clustermess. ATI Videocard? Fullscreen? Try Windowed Maximized. Bleh, I know.)
    Nope (Don't use ARC client.. I launch neverwinter.exe directly)
    Post edited by torontodave on
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...as far as I know C's... ...erm. Uh. "Cost consciousness"?... ...this server maintenance last week has not expanded their bandwidt. And even at the best of times, Sat/Sun peak times have often been a choppy experience.

Change your map instance to one with lower population - it's IMHXp the only thing that (temporarily) helps.

Unless you're running a last decade system, ofc. And in Dungeons, this doesn't work either - but e.g. Malabog has always been a bungee-fest...