test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questions about Rust Monster companion

utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
The active bonus text reads: "On Damage Taken 25% chance to inflict a 5% damage debuff on attacker. Stacks up to 3 times."

I just want to know before making the investment, how long does the debuff last and does it work correctly? Seems like a pretty good active bonus for SH and world PVP. Might even be pretty good for pve tanking. Anyone have any info or opinions about using this companion for those purposes?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Since I'm on this topic, the text for Crab indicates there is a 30 sec CD. No mention of that for the Cockatrice, but I assume it has same CD?

I was thinking of doing this on a CW:

Companions: Cockatrice, Will o' Wisp, Rust Monster and Cantankerous Mage

Enchants: T.Feytouched, T.Negation (plus a R12 Tranquil? not sure if it is worth it)

Any advice / suggestions?
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    Do you only PvP?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    aulduron said:

Do you only PvP?

aulduron said:

Do you only PvP?

companions are worthless in pvp beside these days of "unintentional bug" so i guess it's a all-pourposes build!
    No, I PVE as well, but with PVE, I have archon companions and Belial of Erinyes.

"unintentional bug"

The unintentional bug is in 5v5 DOM. As I mentioned in my post, this is for Stronghold and World PVP.

I had a P.Vorp previously. The reason for the current combination is to test a high mitigation (18% feytouched dmg debuff, +15% rust monster dmg debuff (ie. when getting pummeled by TR after being slowed), 30% negation DR.), healing build (high LS, Tranquil and maybe renegade capstone)

• Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    it lasts for 8 seconds with no cooldown last time i remember, but that was along time ago. 25% is quite low though for pve, you won't get more than 1 stack from regular types of mobs since they hit so slow.

They removed the "rust" popup when it is applied, so it is hard for me to tell these days.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    grimah said:

it lasts for 8 seconds with no cooldown last time i remember, but that was along time ago. 25% is quite low though for pve, you won't get more than 1 stack from regular types of mobs since they hit so slow.

They removed the "rust" popup when it is applied, so it is hard for me to tell these days.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about for pve. Thanks for the info.

• Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User

(…) i would change the mage for kobold (+3% dmgs on stunned/rooted enemies = steal time or oppressive force)

OF does not stun, thus Kobold won't increase damage on OF affected enemies.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    This companion is only good if you are running PvP and mob grinding (due to how many hits you need to get a proc). And even running this, you need to have certain companions along with this one to see a real beneficial effect. Running one companion buff is not what you want, as having many will make grinding in this game that much better (If you can afford it).
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Are the buffs from all slotted compagnions active? Not only the active one?
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    You can check your active companion buffs by looking them up on an icon next to your char, in top left corner of the screen.
    If I recall correctly, there are 5 active companion slots available. All of these will add up and be active once these companions are slotted.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    I've been trying for that companion for weeks now, no luck. U can still receive them from those lockboxes correct? Or only through Zen store?
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    i gave up on the rust monster. he sits in my backpack doing nothing. cuz he was nearly worthless in pve. ( he's usefull against traven in ecc on my tank).
    better off getting a yeti for the 10% dmg buff. or a blacksmith for the reflect damage