test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

After a break

subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
I took three months from the game, thinking that PvP would hopefully improve along with other aspects.

Obviously, it hasn't. Every match I've played has been a roflstomp. The matching system is still putting up people in <2k gear against BiS premade guilds with perfect enchantments. GG is still a mess - it's mostly luck whether you end up on the premade side and can coast an easy win. In both domination and GG almost every game is sitting at camp waiting for the match to end. Half the time there's not even a chance to get the daily AD reward because you can't leave camp without instantly dying. Class imbalance is still ridiculous.

I've never experienced a set up anywhere near this bad in any other MMO. I could understand if this was a temporary thing while issues were resolved, but it's been like this all year, and seems to be getting worse, as the pvp guilds get more and more, and the lower equipped people have no chance to progress.

I expect I'm wasting my time posting this, as I'm sure all of this is said over and over again, but I'm really disappointed.

Comments

• Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    don't take (pvp) it serious,
    not every match is fight against premades
    i always queue solo sometime is good, sometimes is bad,
    but for me is still fun cuz i prefer experienced enemies. (or high geared, how ever u wanna call)

You have to do at least 3-5 Pvp Runs in a row, to have fun.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    Well, I've never played the game just for pvp. But it seems to be getting worse. I tried again today and two matches were the usual. The premades filling dom don't seem interested in anything but stomping, as they're not even letting people cap their own base. (I've got an ilvl of 2.5k and I'm being killed in 1-2 secs by solo players, it's pretty bad I think)
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    i think majority of matches are premades, you can see the same guilds over and over and over, on the winning side...

some are even so kind that preventing you to do basic cap for ad reward, i am seriously considering shame that jerks here on the forum. i almost dont care anymore if they need to be carebeared all the time by premade and running around grouped like zerg, but group of crazy chars running around and roflstomping single char repeatedly who is only standing on node and dont fight back, to get basic reward cap and asking for that .... is too much for me.
  • Options

The people who join domination for "I'm only here for the ADs, I do give a **** on my team" reason, don't deserve to cap their homenode for the minimum reward!

P.S if you kindly ask to trade cap you will likely allowed to do so in 9 of 10 cases. Because veteran players know that matchmaking sux and do not blame the players for not "trying" to fight.

and what? i am not there for ad reward, i am there for conqueror shards, but if 1/3 of your team leave during first minutes you can have serious problem go over 300 points

i am not sure if its 9 of 10. its problem when compete with premades from established guilds .....

• Options
    edited October 2015
    ok folks let make it hard. 9 of 10? hahha

so jerks are - KB11 and bonecrusher from daybreak express, Mik from RW force, Bruenor battlehammer and Efe from gutbreakers. Yabasci agreed with trade cap after a while but was only one. i hope their representatives will read it here and talk to them...
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    subnocte said:

Well, I've never played the game just for pvp. But it seems to be getting worse. I tried again today and two matches were the usual. The premades filling dom don't seem interested in anything but stomping, as they're not even letting people cap their own base. (I've got an ilvl of 2.5k and I'm being killed in 1-2 secs by solo players, it's pretty bad I think)

Not at all.
    Party matching is dead - why? CAsue really few people is playing pvp nowadays, and it's really hard to make it right (same ilvl).
    I think I was in same situation like you. Frustrated cause couldn't kill OP or permarooted by bugged trapers, or perma CC by CWs w/e. Now is even worst, cause companion bonuses works in pvp, buuged ones obviously also.

But now - if you like pvp - do it. Don't expect that it will works as you wish. It won't. Just have fun, and find a distance. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Playing pvp almost everyday for more than 2 years (vacation/holidays are not included ;))

Regards
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User

The people who join domination for "I'm only here for the ADs, I do give a **** on my team" reason, don't deserve to cap their homenode for the minimum reward!

P.S if you kindly ask to trade cap you will likely allowed to do so in 9 of 10 cases. Because veteran players know that matchmaking sux and do not blame the players for not "trying" to fight.

And elitist try-hards don't deserve to be able to queue with beginners and casuals.
  • Options
    I think now after about 10 dom games in a row it's time to give up. Every single one is against pug stomping premades. Many of them ignore you if you ask to let you cap and just kill you, so you end up with 0 score and no AD, and can't quit without the 30 min ban.

It's by far the worst experience in pvp I've had in any game. I'm not exaggerating, it's infuriating. Yes, Cryptic's to blame for allowing 4k premades to go against pugs, but so are the guilds that constantly do this over and over again.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    I have to get drunk to pvp and have fun in this game. When you are drunk the things that HAMSTER you off normally, just become funny.

Im a below average player. I hate fighting tr's on my gf , but I understand that they are my direct counter. or at least I see them that way. I still try though :expressionless:
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    PvP has become really bad. People who say they PvP for a challenge then run around with 4k IL in premades are kidding themselves. That's no challenge.

It's coming to the point where mid geared people can't compete at all. They have to be carried to success by a greater ilevel person on their team.

Defense and tenacity have become a joke with 1-shotting prevelant.
  • Options

PvP has become really bad. People who say they PvP for a challenge then run around with 4k IL in premades are kidding themselves. That's no challenge.

It's coming to the point where mid geared people can't compete at all. They have to be carried to success by a greater ilevel person on their team.

Defense and tenacity have become a joke with 1-shotting prevelant.

I'm just doing domination now for the daily. I think every game every time is against a 4k type premade and it ends up either at camp or trading caps.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    I'm seeing a lot more PVP guild duo's and some singles instead of full premades the last few days, I think players are desperate for some glory to get artifacts for refining during double RP and have realized the queue takes much longer with a full premade so they are splitting up. It's resulted in some pretty good games with BiS players on both sides.

• Options

Did 10 matches this day, I didn't face any premades...

I went in again tonight and got another. Unless all these Absolute and Black Lotus pug stomping groups making every match 1000 v 30 doesn't count.