test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just tried streaming to PC

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well it performed. Not sure if I would want to do any heavy combat, but for just running around doing professions, buying and selling stuff in Enclave, it does just fine. It is a little weird hearing it on the PC as it has a dedicated sound card and subwoofers etc instead of my xbone and TV speakers. Note that this is over wireless with pretty decent signal strength - I ne I would go wired if I was going to spend any major time connecting this way.

Just curious if anyone plays regularly (or at least often) streaming to desktop, and if there are any tips or funny / odd experiences to pass along?

Comments

• Options
    vapezuluvapezulu Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I stream NW quite often to my PC in another room over wifi if my main tv is being used by the wife.
    Works great most of the time, can hardly tell it's streaming.

Only issue I have is if I want to use party chat, when I plug my headset into the pad I get both game and chat audio through the headset which is annoying.
    Apparently it's not supposed to work that way but I've not found a fix for it yet.

Overall very happy with it.
  • Options
    firebirdukfirebirduk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Play most of the time via streaming to my Surface Pro via WiFi. Only problems I've ever noticed is that the connection seems to drop when there's a lot of action on screen at one time. \even gone onto a wired connection and it happens occasionally.

Graphically I think it looks better on my little Surface compared to my larger TV set
  • Options
    fastandfrivolousfastandfrivolous Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Hmmm, tablet... That does sound like it might be interesting. No problem using the standard xbone type controller with it?
  • Options
    firebirdukfirebirduk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Not really...

I can use the Xbox one controller plugged in via the USB cable (however, I sometimes need to associate it with xbone when I want to connect to it wirelessly again).

If I use the Xbone controller wirelessly (the Xbox is in the same room), the Xbox app on the PC moans that a controller needs to be connected, but lets you carry on anyway.

You can even connect a 360 controller to the PC via USB and use that to play the games.

What surprised me even more - if I've got a 360 controller plugged into the PC and using the Xbox one controller wirelessly, you can play two player games (eg. Lego) with split screen - the screen is streamed to the PC and displayed on the normal TV plugged into the Xbox. Wasn't expecting the dual controller support for two players.
  • Options
    fastandfrivolousfastandfrivolous Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Heh, the split screen might be worth checking out. Also good to know the old 360 controllers might have a use still.

Speaking of 360, hoping they get to the backwards compatibility release soon. I miss Skyrim and Saints Row 2...
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    It's pretty nice. Whenever I stream Xbox, I do it through PC.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger