test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

-xbox gamer- anyone share info on DR bug? (Mod 6)

rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
Lookin for info on the severity of it as im a tank.

General info im hopin some kind ppl will answer is..

-what causes it?
--anyway to avoid this? (I stack some deflect)
-has it been fixed on your end?
--when was it fixed? (Stronghold release)

Any info is good onfo ty to gamers from the future!

Comments

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    The issue was that the mobs ArPen was multiplying, dealing damage more than anyone had HPs. Everyone was getting 1-shotted. This effected everyone. I'm sure dodging help more as tanks were constantly dieing. The fix was onlt a few patches ago and now the game is much easier. Hopefully soon you XBoxers will get a fix soon. :)
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    I hope so but my deflect stacking has saved my bacon countless times,

I grin when i see 120,000 Deflect lol
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    My personal opinion is that bug was in miss-communication between developers. One developer created mobs with ArPen value calculates as 400 points for 1% ArPen, while other developer calculated ArPen % using formula 100 ArP for 1% (like on players).
    Still this is just my opinion, there is no official explanation from developers
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    valwryn said:

The issue was that the mobs ArPen was multiplying, dealing damage more than anyone had HPs. Everyone was getting 1-shotted. This effected everyone. I'm sure dodging help more as tanks were constantly dieing. The fix was onlt a few patches ago and now the game is much easier. Hopefully soon you XBoxers will get a fix soon. :)

This is a perfect example of what goes wrong in the game.
    A bug was identified to Cryptic. A fix was implemented a while later.

- Yet they still went ahead and introduced the same bug to another set of players.
    So now these players have to live with being one shotted until it is eventually fixed - again.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
    Im hoping it was the stronghold patch that is very close
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Lol really , they put the bugged patch there too , then they have to fix it again ?
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    It blows my mind that this bug made it into the xbox iteration of the game as well.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I thought the xbox version got the fixed patch when their mod 6 released.
  • korinth777korinth777 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    mod 6 was brutal in the PC world. Hopefully they fixed anything in it for xbox.
    We got the lower hitting "critters" whatever those are geussing minion leveled ppl or baby spiders

I like the challange as a GF tank, but everyone just wants free runs with pallies :-(
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    We need some logs of damage you consider "Bugged". I've watched some videos of mod 6 xbox dungeons and damage taken seems normal - if anything is wrong there its not even close to what we had on PC - we are talking about Syndrith hitting fully geared + DR protected GF (with shield down, though) for 450k dmg with single sweep. Even OPs could be 1 shot those days. It looks more like flanking/DR buffs uptime, than a DR bug in its true form.
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    If this bug really exists in xbox, appeal to @strumslinger to escalate it. PC developers ignored PC community requests for 5 months.

EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• jikhanjikhan Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    The low leveled trash mob "minions" in Malabog's were one shotting my 125k HP pally with shield up, negation ench and roughly 10k defense. I didn't actually check the combat logs, but you're telling me that's normal? :CCC
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    jikhan said:

The low leveled trash mob "minions" in Malabog's were one shotting my 125k HP pally with shield up, negation ench and roughly 10k defense. I didn't actually check the combat logs, but you're telling me that's normal? :CCC

That's normal, go see the little archer at Cragmire Crypt
    Awesome.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I think Cryptic is really a psychological experiment to see how much broken, non-functional junk gamers are actually willing to put up with from a clearly disinterested and non-communicative developer. The horrid morning rubberbanding and evening SNR's have me on the brink of quitting. So, you know, there's a data point for you, Cryptic!
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    There was also an issue with Negation adding to the DR bug. My Pally would tank a mob with no issue but then the last lowly minion on his last breath would 1 shot me with full health. After awhile I stopped wearing Negation and I die'd less. :#
    edited October 2015
    @wentris

Lost mauths immolate foe ability hits me normal 8-10k with GF shield up facing him with his head and center of him lined up

But as i watch battle log theres this...

Popped Iron warrior 30% DR, shield up right, perfect negation

Intial hit 960,000
    Guard absorbs 540,000
    Iron warrior absorbs X amount (i forget)
    Ending hit landed a 250k hit

Bug?

Edited: just accept most one shots now and dont watch dmg log too much anymore. But those numbers are legit with 10k
    @valwryn

Interesting, might have to try a soulforge and see which seems more viable in real trial and error
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    What? This made it into Xbox? Blah!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

What? This made it into Xbox? Blah!

Of course it did, why wouldn't it?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
    @valwryn

I'll have to try my luck with a soulforge and see if that helps any. At the very least I'll be able to stand back up after the first one shot and be able to heal my teammates.
    Soulforge would make me feel a lil better is it healed %hp on rez
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its a pita to be sure, but honestly, getting it done with the ARP bug in place, was sort of a right of passage.

Its possible, just harder.