test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question and observations.

nageeknageek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I have leveled a cleric to 62 a CW to 50 and a Pali to 52. Is there any reason to use seals?None of the equipment sold seem to hold an enchant slot and on the rare occasion they do its useless. All the level specific drops are superior.

I also notice that the armor and weapons do not sell on the AH so I do not even bother anymore and just sell everything for gold, though sometimes specific pieces sell because of demand.

The only way I have made money is because I am VIP. I can sell the stuff I randomly get, which I find extremely lame. Everything is worthless and it seems the came NOW starts at 70.

I was completely unaware when I started playing 2 mos ago about the massive changes. They took away the AD awarded for foundry and I had no idea all the dungeons had been tahen out.

I now have a pali to level 52 and had no idea how lopsided he was...though I have to say in its present statemost ofits skills are useless compared to the ones that make us play a pali. If they do nerf/balance the pali it would be nice to have more then a handful of encounters and dailies as our go to skills.

If things do not drastically change for the positive next mod...I really liked this game at first but the more I understand what it was and had vs what it has become the more I feel the leveling is pointless.

Comments

• dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    First this game is about endgame.It is interesting to level up to 60 with all the story and background info that they are shoving to your mind then grind begins after that.

Pally uselss?OMG.Maybe you can say it is boring to play but they said Pallies will be either healers or tanks god knows how may times.They are far from useless.Please go open either GWF or HR if you want to kill everything comes to your way. It seems you didnt even bother to level up to 70 and fully build your characters.Sorry but you are not capable enough to assess Pallies and make a decision about it.

About gear,nobody needs to buy or sell gear until they hit to level 70.You can do pretty good with the gear you are getting with drops or quests.You cant sell gear even after level 70.All you have to do rundungeons/skirmishes/tiamat and hope for some drops to sell.I didnt even bother to come to PE or visit AH while leveling my alts except when you change maps and you need to see Knox.
  • nageeknageek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thanks for the reply.

My apologies for not being clear about my views on Pali Class. I meant to state that Pali's are in fact Gods but I have also noticed they are TO Godly. Their defense and healing plus what they offer a group is huge. I just do not want to hit 70 and have him nerfed to uselessness or to where he kills like a slow turtle.

When I used the useless I was referring to many of it's skills being terrific so as to make others not even considered. Some like Bane are situation, which is good. Others like Templers Wrath have never left my bar. I do not believe I said the Pali was boring. Many times I do feel like I am Superman, which is something else this game does.

But you answered my question. levels 1-70 are to get a feel how your toon plays. BUT why make items and gear meaningless until 70, which goes to my original question on seal venders. It is what it is I guess.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Sorry about harsh explanation and words.Most of classes skills are that way.Most HRs,CWs,GWFs use the same rotation on their skills.Other skills are used barely.Most of classes have the same problem about being nerfed to useless.I cant say it wont happen because it hapenned other classes.

I came to the game at mod 4.Those seal vendors were useless even then.I think they are too lazy to remove them.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,390 Arc User
    I never use Seal vendor to get anything useful until mod 6 (after they changed the dungeon (level 70) runs to get seal).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***