test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Explain me this 20.064 % deflection chance & 132% crit chance

etelgrinetelgrin Member Posts: 1,611 Arc User
edited October 2015 in PvP Discussion
Please explain. Exploit ??

Please don't post screenshots of other players and then accuse them of exploiting. The rest of the discussion about what adds up to what is fine, but it's better to say "I saw a character with 132% crit chance" then to call someone out by name. Thanks. - IZ

Pug Panther - PvP SW until module 16 Undermountain

Youtube Channel
Scourge Warlock Haven - Legacy Build Videos - PvP Content - Other Features.

R.I.P
Post edited by ironzerg79 on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    the tr there has a base 32% critical chance, when stealthed he gains 100% which is basically added to that.
    the deflect chance makes no sense, just with dex and cha he should have 33%. cover the guy name btw.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Probably want to edit out his name or this thread will be closed.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Probably want to edit out his name or this thread will be closed.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    I was in that PvP dom match and couldn't believe it.the other players seem to have same exploits.
    Surely they should be dealt with,grr
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

the deflect chance makes no sense, just with dex and cha he should have 33%.

That's a comma, not a decimal point.

• revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    OMG this isnt something new guys, you clearly inspected him while in ITC and Stealth. Some of u if not all should know this. This is prolly why the devs dont listen to feedback since ppl overall have no clue about anyhting in the first place..
    zibadawa said:

rayrdan said:

the deflect chance makes no sense, just with dex and cha he should have 33%.

That's a comma, not a decimal point.

couldnt see it from the iphone, its impossible to catch then
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    20% deflection chance is not that high for a TR can't understand the pudpose of this thread
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User

20% deflection chance is not that high for a TR can't understand the pudpose of this thread

to me it seems like 20.064% deflect chance last time i checked its more then 20k deflect
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2015

OMG this isnt something new guys, you clearly inspected him while in ITC and Stealth. Some of u if not all should know this. This is prolly why the devs dont listen to feedback since ppl overall have no clue about anyhting in the first place..

Isn't ITC supposed to bring you out of stealth? Meaning that the moment you use ITC you come out of stealth and can't be in ITC AND stealth at the same time. Unless they inspected him and took the screenshot in the 0.01 seconds during the stealth--->ITC transition.

Just asking.
  • nightwish021nightwish021 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I`m curious about the deflect thing too. In the first place I should have a way higher number. I don`t know why it is being shown to you like that.
    This is how it is supposed to look like.
    Screenshot 2015 10 07 21 52 54

Edit: So, they say it is because of ITC? Interesting, I feel like I should have known that by now.
  • cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    LOL all ppl hate rogues just because is the only class that require skill... And is ITC and Stealth he catch him in a "moment" when was going out of the stealth. Anyways rogues can be killed with 100% + deflection the True problem is permas spamming cos while stealth.
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    cesuke said:

LOL all ppl hate rogues just because is the only class that require skill... And is ITC and Stealth he catch him in a "moment" when was going out of the stealth. Anyways rogues can be killed with 100% + deflection the True problem is permas spamming cos while stealth.

+1
  • nightwish021nightwish021 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    pando83 said:

Isn't ITC supposed to bring you out of stealth? Meaning that the moment you use ITC you come out of stealth and can't be in ITC AND stealth at the same time. Unless they inspected him and took the screenshot in the 0.01 seconds during the stealth--->ITC transition.

Just asking.
    You can use ITC then go to stealth.
    Since the nerf to itc, stealthed itc its nothing really good. He just used it before stealthing
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    pando83 said:

Just asking.
    No, its not like u need to use itc only from stealth, this time he probably used it from non stealth then used it, its not uncommon. And yes ITC gives that insane deflect chance. 20K ich
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    With a high enough crit chance and the right buffs it's easy to get over 100% crit chance. As a CW, with a couple in combat Renegade buffs, I can see my character sheet critical strike chance be well over 100%.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    In retrospect, it's not abnormal, nor is it something "wrong" to see newbies having questions about something they do not understand. Of course the "exploit ?" attitude is classic nubbery, another tendency often observed in newbies in that they treat everything they do not understand as an exploitation of some sort.

All in all, relax, dudes. Just explain it nicely. Many newbies are just "ah, ok. didn't know that" types so long as you thoroughly explain why something like that happens.

Let's save the bashing for the stubborn ones.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    video or it didn't happen
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeez.

ITC after cast adds 20,000 Deflect chance, this is a fact.

I haven't noticed my crit chance from stealth being displayed on my character sheet, but have never specifically looked either.

would not surprise me given the state of ITC though.

This thread is pointless, please close.

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    cesuke said:

I agree, make a GWF and if you can beat a TR I nominated 2/10 fights, I will give you 5 SMOPs :O
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Yes Mr. 8seconds never cease to surprise us, the level of his kNOwledge is just amazing... @_@;
    etelgrin said:

the best part of all thats written here is rogue is the only class that requires skill, give me a break, create warlock and go kill anything succesively and you will be my hero, especially TR.

Thanks for explaining I was unaware of this ITC giving so much deflection, sorry if anyone felt offended or accused for exploiting. I remember I once saw a TR wearing double weapon enchantments, from one of the biggest guilds who claims they are not exploiting any stuff, ex. dont use macros, so I by random thought, that something similar might have happened here that I didn't understand. More less I thought of it as some kind of bug, 20k deflection just wasn't right in my eyes.

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)