test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Awesome and fun... but we are clearly insane... run in eCC.

drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
Heddon, Persephone and my TR Atwil met one day in an inherited instance of eCC... a GWF, SW and a TR.. set for a date in the Twilight Zone. One of us was just over 2k iL and the other 2 over 2.5k, but not higher than 2.6k. Either way... it would be difficult, at best, to finish the instance. Little did we know... how difficult it would be.

We did not realize how many players had been in and out of the instance... at the time we were 6, 7 and 8. A couple of us did not even know there was a limit to the number of players who could enter and instance. The 9th came and left just before we met Kallos. That sealed the instance and did not allow any new members to come in. We decided to go as far as we could... no matter what. 2 of us had the Merchant/Vendor artifact... so no worries there.

Like the Andy in Shawshank Redemption with him rock hammer... we slowly chipped away at the confines of the instance. Expanding our presence and reach as much as we could. We all gave a sigh of relief when we reached Traven.

We finished... bloodied and bruised and one of us with 109 deaths. All told I know it took about 90 minutes to finish... some players would get fed up and leave the other 2. There was an unstated commitment to each other that we would see this to what ever end may come.​​
ez0sf4K.png
Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
SYNERGY Alliance

Comments

• Options
    silvetazsilvetaz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    This reminds me of old World of Warcraft HC raids. I think me and my guild spent in excess of 400+ hours getting all the HC achievements in there. Alone in the Darkness took us probably 5 weeks of 15-20 hours a week of trying before we got it :/
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Wow! 3 players managed to finish eCC legit. Congrat and you deserve a medal.
    I thought about purple heart but I think "purple body" would be better. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I would have said legit if we did it legit. I wish we could of but there was no way and none of us were interested like leaving... hence the "crazy" part. I have pug'd eCC and done it legit 2 times... I have done it legit 4 total. After this specific run, I have decided that I will not run eCC with any of my toons... unless it is legit. For I realized something during this run... I will not be doing anything half-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I will run eToS with guildies for Protector seals.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    Yesterday we took our guild newcomers to eCC - a 2k DC and TR, both completely new to the game - started playing like 2 weeks ago, and a bit artificially boosted to 2k (borrowed dragon hoards in utility slots etc.) a 2.2k GF with Knights Captain(yep, the old t1 set) - experienced one despite his not top-notch gear. I wanted to go on my new shiny toon - the gloomy High Prophet Righteous DC - gloomy because long time ago I made him just as an alt for DC artifact and gave him random look which turned out to be so hideous I covered as much of him as I could with dark mask and clothes - 1.9k one (I had to swap HP to new set to reach 2k cap but I geared back to HP as soon as I entered dungeon) and a well geared GWF (3.5k+). We didnt plan to make any exceptionally hard run or some broken party composition, we just realised that after we killed last boss we had 2x 2k fresh (but generally experienced at MMOs) players, a 1.9k alt a 2.2k tank (40k, maybe 50k max HP) and 1 well geared toon. Our tactic was: 2k Virt DC charges AP + maintains Holy Ground/Astral Shield as much as she can + keeps health bars red. My DC (has AP feat + Righteous) charges some AP as well + spams Anointed Army (literally, when we were uninterrupted it was up like every 10 seconds) + maintains empowered Break The Spirit on toughest cookie + other DC buffs/debuffs, GF was conqueror - with the + DR buffs, Anointed Army, damage debuffs and Steel Defense with AP generation he had absolutely no problem staying alive, even with 50k HP. TR was for CC + Courage Breaker on hard cookies and some damage. GWF was, obviously, raw fire power, increased heavily by our support - literally he alone was striking harder than many parties consisting of him + non supporting members, be it other dps (gwfs too), or PuG tanks/healers that werent too good at dps support. Our defenses turned out to be unbreachable until last boss. We had 2 wipes there. 1st caused by newcomers learning what happens there - it was surprisingly good, so good we went too brave and didnt pay enough attention to adds - hexers spawn killed Virt DC and our structure crumbled. 2nd one was caused by our tank - he could spam Villains Menace (daily that makes you grow) so often he became larger than boss and decided to make a screenshot - unfortunately he forgot software uploads the picture immediately and with his low bandwidth we just heard "GuysZZzzz I thzzzink there iszzZZ somezzthing wrong withzzZz my connecZZZztion" on TS and he died. 3rd time was a charm and despite TR died pretty early GWF managed to clear trash before they overwhelmed our DCs (seriously, even with all protection we had a 30k HP DC can go down extremely fast). It was a highly enjoyable run - especially that it was 1st time since ages somebody actually needed the purple loot from chest.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Reading you guys made me feels the good old times when we spend hours and tactics to kill a boss.

• Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Good work there, I don't envy you though, runs without a full team are very hard these days. Perseverence will eventually win the day, but the pain you must have gone through to get there... ouch ^^:
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    That is The Spirit Man !! Glad to read something good here !!
  • Options
    The best part was my trying to solo Traven. We seriously had a blast... probably ranking it in the Top 5 of my all time fave runs. The Drunken VT run would be my all-time fave... followed by my first ever Castle Never run... then my first completed run of eLoL in M6... then the MC run where my companion bugged out and destroyed everything... followed by this run.

MAN... I wish they would return the damned dungeons.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    It is runs like the ones talked about in this thread that make me say that there is no difficult content in mod 7.
  • Options
    Well when you consider that 2.5k iL is roughly the same as a just over 20k gs. It did take us a long time to get there... and I will always make the best out of every situation I am in.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance