test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Have I been screwed out of the game story?

udenetudenet Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I am a new player who has made it to Ebon Downs. Apparently one of the new modules removed the dungeon at the end of the zone, so when I finish mos of the zone quests, I will be stuck with a party quest that can't be fulfilled. According to the wiki, the main boss of the zone is in the dungeon, so I can never actually conclude the story.

Why did they do this? This is an RPG, I want to confront the bad guy and finish the story, who ever heard of a game that REMOVES a boss fight for no reason?
Tagged:

Comments

• majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    This game had a story?
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    majik518 said:

This game had a story?

Haha

To OP: submit feedback in feedback thread. Not saying they'll change anything but it never hurts. A lot of this content is recycled / re-used again and again (check out pc forums for mod-to-mod history); if it's not available now I'm sure it'll be back for you to finish the story later.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    That's not really the end of the story, and the dungeon was just "extra". There are more important bosses later. Ebon Downs is only halfway through the journey.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    You don't need to do those dungeons to progress. I skipped them every time except for my first time through. I do understand where you're coming from. Just keep moving. You wouldn't have remembered the storyline once you finish the game anyway. There's way too much going on. You'll only remember the end game part of the story.
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    majik518 said:

This game had a story?

Actually yes it has one, and its a good one too. Sure the zones are a bit independant but i actually enjoyed the story and made sure to finish the dungeons of every zone after getting the achievement, as most of the "true big boss" where in the dungeons. Would be annoyed right now if i was in OP"s Shoes. I even miss Karundar Cavern and it annoy me so badly...

That and the fact im stuck now to not be able to progress in the story(portal to tuern) due to difficulty raise and not good enough gear... it really annoy me.

By the way what is the endgame, the true one?

• nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I never did the dungeons until later. The story line had extra group missions at the end of each zone. But moving on the the next area was always faster.
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    OP: If you're getting the red queue quest for the actual dungeons, you have completed all of the missions in the area. You are not missing out on anything story related, the red queues are just in place to get new players accustomed to dungeons. You most likely had just finished a small layer with an easy mini boss prior to receiving said mission. THAT was end of the story for that specific area (ebon downs in this case.)

So to answer your question: nope!
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    if you´re like me, a player who likes to achieve the full gamerscore and ingame achievements for the games i play, you´ll be pretty annoyed at least, almost all zones cannot be finished since the removal of the dungeons but hey, it´s not breaking the game´s story in any pov so you´re good to continue through the story(I agree the story is awesome).
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • udenetudenet Member Posts: 4 Arc User

OP: If you're getting the red queue quest for the actual dungeons, you have completed all of the missions in the area. You are not missing out on anything story related, the red queues are just in place to get new players accustomed to dungeons. You most likely had just finished a small layer with an easy mini boss prior to receiving said mission. THAT was end of the story for that specific area (ebon downs in this case.)

So to answer your question: nope!

The main boss of Ebon Downs is Idris who is in the dungeon so that's not true.
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    the dungeon (if you've ever played it previously like I have) has nothing to do with storyline. It's a dungeon... in an MMO.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Ok, I never knew there was a story to this either. I mean I figured we had to beat the skeleton lady that we saw on the bridge in the beginning, but that's all I got from it. I never noticed any specific story, it is just all about doing these quests for one thing and then doing other quests for this....congrats here is a $hitty sword. Never noticed anything else.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    The conclusion to the Ebon Downs storyline, is actually doing the Throne of Idris dungeon, but nothing special will happen if you do.
    So yes and no, the storyline is compromised but you're not really missing anything...
    (unless there's an achievement connected, don't remember which ones are tied to dungeons and quests?