test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trickster Rogue observed bugs

noqualificationnoqualification Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm opening this thread to put some of TRs' known bugs, please only reply here with relevant comments, that is: say clearly what the bug is and how to reproduce it (please leave your opinion aside). That way we have more chances of Devs fixing it.

Here are the bugs I've notice so far:

1) Wicked Remainder is not applying 3 stacks when stealth, it is applying only one stack and consuming the Stealth bar.

2) Blade Furry is not working properly, sometimes it release 6 attacks in row, sometimes doesn't show the cool down timer when it is in cool down, sometimes it shows the animation of the strike but the damage is not applied.

3) Some encounter powers don't work immediately after a dodge roll like Path of the Blade and Impossible to Catch.

4) Sometimes we have to press the key button two or three times to release an encounter (Path of the Blade and Smoke Bomb for instance), apparently this is not exclusive of the TR since CWs are also experiencing that with Steal Time and others.

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    There's an entire subfora specifically for bug reports, you know.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Even though this is not the correct place to indicate such things I will repeat some bugs and issues that have been brought up countless times already just on the odd hopes that someone from the dev team either becomes aware or finally figures that it is time to address these issues since they will now have been reported over that elusive 128th time necessary for action.

TR Executioner Capstone:
    Many powers will not activate shadow of demise and will cause it to be lost. Powers like bait and switch, impossible to catch, smoke bomb, path of the blade, deft strike, shadowy disappearance -- if used from stealth will nullify the capstone and the shadow of demise effect will not be activated. These powers have special actions from being used from stealth and in order to preserve the capstone the TR would have to abandon the special bonuses.

The powers that I can confirm that actually activate it are shadow strike, lashing blade, impact shot, the first activation of Vengeance's Pursuit (but not the second activation), dazing strike, blitz, wicked reminder and blade fury . Since shadow of demise only affects a single target, if you use dazing strike, blitz, wicked reminder or blade fury you have no idea which target this is and your follow up damage over the next 6 seconds is often going to be put to the wrong target and again wasted (from my testing it seems that the selected recipient of shadow of demise is not random as it will always be the same target (if tested on training dummies for instance) but you would have no way of knowing ahead of time.

Dailies and At-wills will not activate shadow of demise and if you don't use the few correct encounters indicated above before depleting your stealth you will not gain the shadow of demise effect and it will be wasted.

So, to sum things up, most powers will not activate Shadow of Demise and cause it to be spent without being used. Of the powers that will activate it most will apply it to a random target if multiple targets are in the area and often the followup damage will be misplaced and lost.

To reproduce this bug simply use any of the powers as described above in the way indicated and observe.

TR Executioner tier 5 feat Shadowborn:
    This feat can activate on attacks that were executed prior to the activation of Shadowborn. Dots, boons such as fey thistle and avalanche and others, glyphs and many other things that cannot benefit from the Shadowborn feat can use up the feat and cause it to be wasted without any benefit.

The easiest way to reproduce this bug is to do a flurry on a training dummy and set some bleed stacks up. Stealth and wait for the next bleed stack to tick and observer your power on your character sheet. Observe the damage of the bleed was not increased and that the feat was expended for absolutely no benefit. There are a lot of other ways to reproduce this as well bu the above is the simplest.

TR Whisper Knife Vengeance's Pursuit
    If an ally or non enemy NPC is in the way of your target you will often be unable to activate this power and will get the "SoAndSo is not a valid target".

The second part of this feat that is an escape does not work against many control powers (most control powers to be exact).

The second part of this power that ports you to your previously designated target will most often port you to where they were and not where they are and the follow up attack and damage (and slow or instantaneous stun) will often miss the target even though it is supposed to be a guaranteed hit.

The second part of this power will often do nothing and use up the second part and have the TR stand exactly where he is and sometimes attack around at nothing and expend stealth if it was used while stealth. This is most often the case if the designated target is partially obscured (even one foot behind an object can often do this). This can also happen if the target is out of range but the skill should not be usable if the target is out of range.

TR aggro
    TR generally generate no aggro at all. If a TR attacks a group of enemy targets and another PC runs past the targets will leave the TR and pursue the other PC even though they did no damage nor interacted in any way whatsoever.

In a party the only way the TR will gain aggro is if all the other party members are dead or not in the vicinity of the target to have ever gotten on its aggro table (or whatever is used). There are a very few exceptions to this but they are too rare to list.

A TR can often attack and kill an NPC at a certain range and the NPC will never close in and will simply stare and wait till it is killed. Only NPC with ranged attakcs that meet that distance tend to counter attack. In some cases the NPC's attack as anticipated unless the TR runs our of aggro range and returns before the NPC's fully reset and then the TR can kill the targets without resistance.

I could go on and on and on but I feel I am simply wasting my time reporting over and over again things I have reported numerous times already both in the forums and in game.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I have moved this to Bug Reports (PC). I would also remind everyone that if they have any exploits to report, please let a moderator or StrumSlinger know, rather than posting them publicly. Thank you!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • fabilaurafabilaura Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    1. Enter Stealth mode
    2. Use Bait and Switch in front of an Enforcer (or other mid-level foe) to refill the Stealth bar
    3. Suddenly the Enforcer can see you in Stealth mode and starts attacking you instead of the bait!