test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tenebrous

niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
Some dps guides promote slotting one Tenebrous enchant for min / maxing. Is this a good idea?

Comments

• vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User

niadan said:

Some dps guides promote slotting one Tenebrous enchant for min / maxing. Is this a good idea?

A chance to deal 700/800 mitigable damage is good? I don't think so.
    now the damage is much higher. Rank 12 Tene's do 5% of your HP every 20 secs.
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    so 5000 dmg every 20 seconds. sorry but another azure slotted there is far more valuable.
  • icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    The damage is affected by buffs/debuffs, so it's a little higher than that. But it's also based on current hit points so it could be less if you're not topped-off all the time.
    I have a normal tenebrous (2% of current HP) on my GWF and it's less than 1% of my total damage, so probably not worth it.
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    After getting corrected with Bonding runestones, I am pretty sure than both Tranquil and Tenebrous enchantments works the very same way. 40s beetween first and second strike. Then 30s on lower levels and finally 20s CD beetween every next strike (comp. to 10s on bonding, maybe just like bonding, but +10s?). And same like many AP gaining methods, it multiprocs on many AoE attacks where all damage is done simultaneously for all affected foes (like Scorching Burst).

Here is example of attacking a blue SH dragon surrounded by 4 VIP summons:

First 9 attacks comes with tabbed Fanning the Flame (1× initial attack and 4 summons × 2 damage types: Spread Damage + Gather Damage).
    10th attack is triggered by some single spell and next 9 are, again, tabbed TfT attacks.

In conclusion, Tenebrous is worth using by certain classes with certain builds, but will result a waste for most of the players.
    Post edited by beatannier on
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2015

A chance to deal 700/800 mitigable damage is good? I don't think so.

700 ÷ 5% = 14,000.
    Do you have 14,000 HP? Don't troll.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Nice to know it multiprocs on AOE attacks.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • chambermancerchambermancer Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I use one for sure on my fury SW since it does necrotic damage, essentially the 5% of my hit points damage is increased to 8%.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    I tried to test this enchantment on preview with 7xrank 12 enchantments to simply measure if it is worth but they are not working properly. Instead of 7 activated enchantments every 20 seconds i only get 1 enchantment. So no multi prog on rank 12 at least not on preview.
    On preview it seems that it doesn't multi prog with identical tenebrous at all. This means if i had 2 rank 8 only 1 of them is activated but also the rank 12 activates.

I tested it with a pair of rank 8 on Live but it has the same problem. I am a Trickster Rogue. I used also some of my AOE attacks but it never multi progged.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I had a rank 12 and two rank 11s on my GF recently and never got more than a single proc at a time, usu. for about 4000-5000 damage, as per combat logs. GFs don't really have AOE attacks, so there was nothing to test there.

It's my understanding, based on past threads, that if one procs it puts ALL of them on cooldown.

Hehe, ditched them for Azure a month or two ago. @Dufisto wins a prize!
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    It is my understanding that you should only equip one and only on builds that can proc it consistantly (like MOF Control Wizard as Beatannier demonstrates. Not very good for us Spell Storm mages).
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i dont get it... it can multiproc on the same target?
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

It's my understanding, based on past threads, that if one procs it puts ALL of them on cooldown.

Can that really be working as intended?
    Kinda annoying that it's so hard to get actual answers from the developers on things like this...
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    karakla1 said:

I tried to test this enchantment on preview with 7xrank 12 enchantments to simply measure if it is worth but they are not working properly. Instead of 7 activated enchantments every 20 seconds i only get 1 enchantment. So no multi prog on rank 12 at least not on preview.
    On preview it seems that it doesn't multi prog with identical tenebrous at all. This means if i had 2 rank 8 only 1 of them is activated but also the rank 12 activates.

I tested it with a pair of rank 8 on Live but it has the same problem. I am a Trickster Rogue. I used also some of my AOE attacks but it never multi progged.

I was aware that it multiproc only on different ranks. I'm curious, have you tried slotting a set of;

Rank 12
    Rank 11
    Rank 10/Greater
    Rank 9/Normal

If it did 5% + 4% + 3% + 2%? Might work, but probably 2800 stat on 4 other offense rank 12s, say power, is still better.
    The strange thing is, in the past it worked with multi proccs.
    Before Mod6, i think it was in Mod4, i tested 5xRank 10 tenebrous enchantment and everyone procced properly. At this time it was hard to decide if it was worth to upgrade them because my damage output was overall almost the same (Rank8 light enchantment and rank 10 tenebrous) so i didn't bother with it.

And today only one procc. So i can't imagine it is working as intended.

I will test 5 different tenebrous today.
    plat.png
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    karakla1 said:

The strange thing is, in the past it worked with multi proccs.
    Before Mod6, i think it was in Mod4, i tested 5xRank 10 tenebrous enchantment and everyone procced properly. At this time it was hard to decide if it was worth to upgrade them because my damage output was overall almost the same (Rank8 light enchantment and rank 10 tenebrous) so i didn't bother with it.

And today only one procc. So i can't imagine it is working as intended.

I will test 5 different tenebrous today.

I have posted about the Tenebrous before and the answer I heard was that it got nerfed, as the multi-proccing of Tenebrous was considered OP. You can find out more information by searching Tenebrous in the forums.
    I tested now 5 different Tenebrous Enchantments (Rank 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 = 15% total).
    I have about 84,000 hitpoints with my Trickster Rogue. That means the DPS of the Tenebrous Enchantment is ~699 DPS.

To compare i hit a Dummy for 5 minutes only with left click (Sly Flourish).
    Without any attack enchantments i had an DPS from ~20,131
    With the 5 Tenebrous Enchantment i dealt about ~20,243 DPS
    With 5 Cruel Enchantment Rank 9 (+1,000 Power) i dealt around ~21,842 DPS

With only Tenebrous Enchantments the "Dark Power" damage was between 3-4% of my total damage (with 15% by full hitpoints at 84,000 Hitpoints).

That simply means Tenebrous Enchantments are now utterly useless, because i can deal up to 60-70K DPS which means that the damage of Tenebrous Enchantments gets more and more lower in total because he is fixed and in the end it means even the whole 15% are less than 1% of my total damage.

Maybe usefull to slot one Rank 12 Tenebrous Enchantment for an Fury Warlock. But that is something i can't test.
    plat.png
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited October 2015

niadan said:

It is my understanding that you should only equip one and only on builds that can proc it consistantly (like MOF Control Wizard as Beatannier demonstrates. Not very good for us Spell Storm mages).

Why wouldn't that also be good for AoE's like Conduit of Ice in Tab?
    According to Beatannier: "Tenebrous multiprocs with SB and tabbed FtF (respectively directly and once taking damage within 0.5s). SB and FtF treats all hit enemies as one target in the meaning of offense & defense enchant procs, AP gain etc."

COI does not treat the enemies hit as single target, thus it does not work the same. Either WAI or Bug, since I am Spell Storm, I do not get the same benefit as a MOF Mage, so I do not use it.