test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

so dread vault dungeon is back!

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User

anyone who saw the new underdark rage&damons trailer (amazing trailer by the way) could see the hints for that.

link for trailer:

https://youtu.be/cDlyUHhvByw

first of all kudos for that!

i loved that dungeon although many players hated it for been hard, too long and the last boss was considered one of the hardest bosses even more then cn last boss.

cant wait to run that dungeon again with my guild

:)

Comments

• tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    underdark keeps raising my expectations :grin: (hopefully not to be shattered again...)
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Dread vault was super easy to defeat. Just survive the mad dash to the back corner.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Until it is actually released, as I am always now, remain sceptical.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    wish they put it more than 2k so that people wont be expecting to defeat it at 2k gear without tactics/even trying.
    Misfits
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    That is a trailer for all D&D Neverwinter, including tabletop/pen and paper. Therefore the Dread Vault could just be in the pen and paper version, and not this one.
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    I'm guessing it will come back in some form - story ties in and dungeon already exists. Pity id rather see a proper Drow dungeon other than ToS which is mostly standard cave resources.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    That's for Wizards of the Coast Print material and Sword Coast Legends, not Neverwinter. Have you seen Cryptic's version of Drizzt? It looks nothing like the one seen in the trailer.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
    edited October 2015
    The Dev blog about "Who's Who in the Underdark" has picture of the supposed Drizzt, Bruenor, Thibbledorf, and Regis. I'm on my cell phone, otherwise I'd link it. I haven't seen any mention of Orcus, at least I believe that's Orcus awakening the Elder Brain.
  • mistranmistran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I only hated it because it as so bugged that when you completed it most of the time you didn't even got a reward
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    mistran said:

I only hated it because it as so bugged that when you completed it most of the time you didn't even got a reward

there were a small box you needed to hit and to get the rewards just like in spellpglaue dungeon last boss.
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User

Considering how the drow look in this game, I think they did a pretty good job at replicating him. He doesn't look nearly as good as in the trailer, I admit, but cinematic trailers never look like actual gameplay.

:D:D:D:D:D

Oh man, different strokes for different folks...

/facepalm
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

The Dev blog about "Who's Who in the Underdark" has picture of the supposed Drizzt, Bruenor, Thibbledorf, and Regis. I'm on my cell phone, otherwise I'd link it. I haven't seen any mention of Orcus, at least I believe that's Orcus awakening the Elder Brain.

Considering how the drow look in this game, I think they did a pretty good job at replicating him. He doesn't look nearly as good as in the trailer, I admit, but cinematic trailers never look like actual gameplay.
    Are you kidding me? @iandarksword is correct. NW rendition of Drizzt is terrible. The trailer version of him is more the way he has been portrayed for decades. Much more sense than what you are sprouting.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    the trailer is not made by cryptic or whoever did cryptic's trailers before. you can tell the difference in quality easily. also the voice over is much better than the bad one that was in other cryptic's trailers.
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Is this the official trailer? The style and quality differ so much from what we're used to that it makes me wonder. If it is official then i'm estatic, 'cause it totally gave me shivers and hints of dread vault reuturning! My favourite dungeon despite its bugs.

If this is official, there are no words for how excited this makes me.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

That's for Wizards of the Coast Print material and Sword Coast Legends, not Neverwinter. Have you seen Cryptic's version of Drizzt? It looks nothing like the one seen in the trailer.

The trailer is literally titled "Rage of Demons Neverwinter Underdark coming soon" how obvious do they need to be?
    lirithiel said:

Are you kidding me? @iandarksword is correct. NW rendition of Drizzt is terrible. The trailer version of him is more the way he has been portrayed for decades. Much more sense than what you are sprouting.
    Yeah, I really don't understand how they have all sorts of material for reference and they come up with this. It's almost as bad as the old book covers where Drizzt was a white geezer.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited October 2015
    The trailer is the same for all Wizards Products. There are at least 2, the only difference is the spiel at the end plugging either SCL or Neverwinter.
    They need to pay heed to the Todd Lockwood illustrations of Drizzt. I'm not sure of the reasoning for Cryptic's interpretation of the character, I can see taking artistic license, but giving him a beer belly isn't the way to depict one of the most popular characters of the franchise.
  • extchickenmanextchickenman Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/rageofdemons

This article links the mmorpg with the Rage of Demons content....and it says players in the mmorpg will venture into the Underdark with Drizzt

As far as I know, WotC are part of this whole mmorpg shebang and if they released it...it makes it pretty official to me...for the story line at least...and if there are dread vault references in the trailer....I see no reason not to expect that same content in the mmorpg
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015

The trailer is the same for all Wizards Products. There are at least 2, the only difference is the spiel at the end plugging either SCL or Neverwinter.

They need to pay heed to the Todd Lockwood illustrations of Drizzt. I'm not sure of the reasoning for Cryptic's interpretation of the character, I can see taking artistic license, but giving him a beer belly isn't the way to depict one of the most popular characters of the franchise.

This doesn't mean that it's not going to be in Underdark. I mean the way I think of it is that they have a perfect excuse to recycle content. Why would they not do it?

Personally I think his face is more offensive than the beer belly (which looks more like it's just badly designed armor). His nose is less prominent and the small chin/jaw/cheekbones make him look almost childlike. Doesn't look like artistic license so much as that they were going off some short description like, "dark elf with green armor".
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    As much as I hope this is true... I am not going to get too excited until we hear something official. There has been no mention at all of bringing it back... just a 3 second spot in a trailer.

Dread Vault would be a welcome return... but there are 11 other dungeons that are still missing as well.

Still waiting for the Dev's to update us on the status of the original dungeons being put back in... Any time now guys.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    its just a trailer done by someone which is not cryptic. i dont think you will see any old dungeon.