test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No rewards for an easy win in stronghold pvp

quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
Because of the mechanic where you require a certain amount of points to gain a reward in a stronghold pvp match, many players are getting no reward for an easy victory where the whole enemy team quits a few minutes in.

In a situation like this, where all enemy players are hiding inside the stronghold just waiting to loose, it is incredibly difficult for all players on a team to get enough points for a reward simply by moving supplies to catapults.

Maybe killing enemy NPCs should also award points ?

Comments

• Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    you are asking the wrong question, the right question should be:

no rewards for hard lose in stronghold pvp?

you try your best get rekt by elite pvp guild running around like a terminator squad destroying everybody. you die a million times , earn about 100-190 points if you are lucky while rest of team left since its too hard. and you get nothing in return.

but guess what life isnt fair. deal with it. they are not gonna change it . it sucks but thats the truth.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    happen to me too, but not a big deal once you figure it out. There are some rules, you can follow, to avoid this. Every match, majority of players go mid route and make massive fight, most of the times winning side get many points and its no problem farm other points needed for min reward cap. work everytime
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    LOL... that is what you get for stomping on your opponents. I have been in Dom matches and GG matches where some of the 'pug-stomping' members got zero Glory and no Grym coins. Because in their overzealous behavior they did not focus on their collected points. Even if you win and do not collect the minimum number of points to earn a reward... you do not get a reward.

I have often suggested that teams who are being stomped leave a match and make the opposition endure the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rewards they truly deserve.

Besides that... yes it does suck when you are not able to score enough points. That is ONLY one of the reasons I have been avoiding PvP since SH PvP came out. I don't support certain things.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    If they had made it so anyone that wins gets rewards, you'd still be here complaining that people can afk and get their rewards.

They just can't win, and honestly, I don't see one good solution proposed in this thread.

So how would you fix it? Remember, people will complain if the losers are rewarded to much, if the AFKers are rewarded at all, and you must not make it easy enough that a bot can figure it out.

GO. I'll wait. :)

• Options
    neoxyphusneoxyphus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Dumb question, what's the minimum needed for rewards in SH?
    Casamir
    3K IL WK Sabo TR
    Trying to suck less @ pvp near you
  • Options
    blackwiidowblackwiidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Sometimes its an easy win because a team or two get in and then leave because they didnt queue with their other parties, and then it doesnt always auto-fill. Or the other team is completely pugs and at any sight of losing they all quit because cryptic failed to implement a 30 mins down time timer for rage quitting. So then its 20 of vs 10 of them and of course its an easy win at that point but you dont get the points you need for rewards because of all the quitters. I agree with the OP 100% if you get less than 100 points maybe you shouldnt get rewards but if the game realizes that people are quitting the things you do from then on should be worth more points. Otherwise you just wasted all that time for nothing.

Also, the queue is NOT fixed, sometimes we get in and the board says 0vs.0 and is stuck on 'Waiting for Players' >.>

In the depths of hell, I learned who I was. It takes a strong soul to endure so much pain and heartache and still make it out alive; to not get stuck in the deep burning pit of misery. It takes a resilient creature to claw their way back into a reality where your nightmares can finally turn into dreams.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Got a solution...balance this fkn pvp
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    Maybe they should make delivering supplies worth 50 instead of 10 to make it easier to qualify for rewards.
  • Options
    blackwiidowblackwiidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User

Got a solution...balance this fkn pvp

Theres no true way to "Balance" pvp without HAMSTER one class to make it fair for others, people will just keep complaining about how unfair it is until they feel their class is the new OP class.

In the depths of hell, I learned who I was. It takes a strong soul to endure so much pain and heartache and still make it out alive; to not get stuck in the deep burning pit of misery. It takes a resilient creature to claw their way back into a reality where your nightmares can finally turn into dreams.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    SH PvP is so laggy that right now it's just a painful grinding where you join and hope to grab some banners.
    Must get rid of lag and increase mount speed by 40% when in siege PvP for all players. Would speed up games.

When a match, as described by OP, clearly leads to no reward for both sides, i think it's a good idea to just quit and re-queue instead of sitting there doing nothing. It's a waste of time. There's no penalty and wasting that much time to get nothing is nonsense.

Also, in domination you get glory even when you lose. So i'd say players of losing side who score more than, say, 400 points, get 1 banner. Gives a reason to keep fighting.
  • Options
    cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    I like pando83's idea.

Score X number of points = 1 banner.

Winning team gets Y number of banners on top of this.

At least this gives the losing team something to fight for, and the roflstomping by PVP guilds slightly bearable/worthwhile.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    You already can get banners when losing. I got 1 banner after a loss a couple of times, a guildie got 2 banners today.

It's unclear how you get these, so i'd make a rule to clearly link performance to banners, even when you lose. As cloudius say, winners get more on top of these, like 2 or 3 extra banners for victory.

Don't think they'll make it btw cause they want ppl to buy the new keys to get banners/ fangs. That's why it's harder to get this new equipment.
    If you think about it, grabbing burning gear and elven armors is easier than farming that many fangs (you need a good guild too) or banners (considering the queue time and lenght of SH siege games).
  • Options
    quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    pando83 said:

You already can get banners when losing. I got 1 banner after a loss a couple of times, a guildie got 2 banners today.

It's unclear how you get these, so i'd make a rule to clearly link performance to banners, even when you lose. As cloudius say, winners get more on top of these, like 2 or 3 extra banners for victory.

Don't think they'll make it btw cause they want ppl to buy the new keys to get banners/ fangs. That's why it's harder to get this new equipment.
    If you think about it, grabbing burning gear and elven armors is easier than farming that many fangs (you need a good guild too) or banners (considering the queue time and lenght of SH siege games).

Yeah you get at least a banner, coffer and voucher when loosing if you score over a minimum amount.

That's why I always laugh when pugs on the loosing team quit just before we are about to win..... why not just wait a bit longer ?

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    loosers get one banner if the match is very long and they have enough score overall and probably lowering enemy stronghold a bit. its rarely a case
  • Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    The truth is now u need overloads to do something.
  • Options
    tiatessitiatessi Member Posts: 2 Arc User

I have often suggested that teams who are being stomped leave a match and make the opposition endure the HAMSTER rewards they truly deserve.

Yep. Your only weapon to fight back. Eventually everyone will scream for a gear score requirement/buff/debuff to make meaningful pvp. They do it in other games. Perhaps here its not used because the anger/frustration = quick dash for the nearest credit card to compete.