test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we try to be more accurate with the maintenance announcements?

rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
I got an announcement that the shard was going down in 10 minutes, I thought to myself, "Great, that's just enough time to get this last minute thing done". Shard goes down in five.

It's a minor thing but it's still really annoying.

Comments

• Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    i guess you missed the "attention captains: sto is going offline part."
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Umm, I'm still in game? It hasnt gone down yet for me.

That's kinda strange. Of course, my notice of Neverwinter coming down was for STO....
    [10/1 8:52] [Admin] Attention Captains: The shard will be coming down for maintenance in 10 minutes. Thank you for playing Star Trek Online

There are just no words...
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It was definitely down early for me, both the gateway and the game. Where are you located, in a general sense? Americas or Europe? At least it didn't thank me for playing STO though.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Even better.....the admin message for the shard going down in NWO:
    [Admin] Attention Captains: The shard will be coming down for maintenance in 5 minutes. Thank you for playing Star Trek Online

Love it, we playing star trek online now in NWO.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    This is an on-going issue with maintenance. Happens every. single. week. I just finish my tasks etc before the final 10-minute warning as I know the game will be going down earlier than notified. Do the same and you will avoid frustration, although I do admit its bad form from Cryptic.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options

It was definitely down early for me, both the gateway and the game. Where are you located, in a general sense? Americas or Europe? At least it didn't thank me for playing STO though.

East Coast, United States. You?

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Yeah, apparently they turn off the login server 5 or 10 minutes before the game.

So if you're already logged in the maintenance message is correct, but if you're trying to switch characters to invoke or going on Gateway to do professions, you're kicked early.

It's very annoying, but I've learned to just not try to do those sorts of activities during the last 10 minutes. Especially with the way invoking works with the varying time intervals, it sucks to be half-way through invoking on my 11 characters.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    ogarious said:

[10/1 8:52] [Admin] Attention Captains: The shard will be coming down for maintenance in 10 minutes. Thank you for playing Star Trek Online

I noticed this too. I don't mind being associated with ST, just never played STO.
  • Options
    It's actually a very good game. If you like starship combat. The ground combat is alot better then it was when the game was released, but still subpar in comparison to the rest of the game. I beta tested both STO and NW and returned to STO after Caturday. But after pretty much getting everything that can be gotten in STO, I returned to Neverwinter...

I've also put some time in on Champions Online, but after playing City of Heroes for almost the entire duration of it's life. CO is just a poor, cheap comparison...
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    ogarious said:

That's kinda strange. Of course, my notice of Neverwinter coming down was for STO....

At least now we know why nothing gets fixed and things keep breaking. The devs are working on the patches for the wrong game.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    The game will be perfectly fixed-

-in the distant future, where mankind has ascended beyond the stars into the final frontier!
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    like they give a HAMSTER about the time they bring the server down.