test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Last Outpost

guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Along the borderlands, watching over an ancient battlefield, sits a lonely, fortified great house. This structure stands guard over an important nexus, a crossroads. Nearby is the entrance to a vast underground kingdom which is seldom seen by visitors from the upper world. This subterranian kingdom is a land of vast riches filled with secrets... but the road to the underworld is a gauntlet of death. The land is held by vicious forces of terrible power who guard and protect the entrance to the nether world. Long ago these sunlit lands would have fallen to the evil forces spewing from the darkness below .. if not for this lone fortress of humanity... The Last Outpost.

The Merchant's Guild wants to hire you to bring supplies to the outpost and to help out in any way that you can. This mission is not easy ... perhaps you should stock up on healing potions before you enter this desolate, forsaken battlefield.

This adventure is combat heavy.

Also note that the short code does not seem to find the quest .. search by title, under the 'for review' tab.

"The Last Outpost"
NW-DA8J8WDJF

Post edited by guitarzan698 on

Comments

• lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I loved the environment and found the quest fun. I liked that it wasn't too linear and I could just explore on my own. There were some really nice visual lines where the foreground had cool things going on, but even more interesting things could be seen in the distance. It made me want to explore and pulled me in.

I played through as a level 40 cleric. For me, the combat was pretty challenging. (of course I've gotten all my levels since about 6 or so from playing foundry's and haven't played in 2 years so take that as you will) I did not die, but there were about three battles where I had to use potions. Still, it was a lot of fun and got my heart beating in a few places for sure.

I did notice that the pillars that we click on to release the hostage need to be renamed. They are currently called Prop Pillar 1 and Prop Pillar 2. The names of some of the baddies were super cute but others were using the standard name. (not a judgement of good or bad, just an observation)

I wish I could have left you a nice review, but understand why you've turned off the chest for now.
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Thanks.. for the warm reception. I have taken the advise from the first few runs and have made some edits. I have decided to go live. I am proud to announce the release of this adventure. For those few friends that have run this quest already, I ask that you try it one more time.. and if you like, please give a favorable review. You can now get the treasure at the end.

Enjoy & Thank you.
  • lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    5 stars!!! I am awed by how you made it feel so big and epic with one map. The mobs were cool, especially the stone bear thingies. I totally love the changes you made since I played last, especially the bridge pulling together and covered with runes, and the cool way you set up the reward chest at the end!!
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
    Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I've put a bit of work into this... still feel like it needs a lot more details. The first review was right.. it needed an ending. So, I put a little thought into it and found something I hope is not anti-climactic. I hope everyone enjoys playing this, as I had a great time putting this together.

Thank you
    I am pleased to announce that I have added a difficulty slider to this quest. Although this foundry work was designed with multi-player runs in mind, this will more easily allow solo play. I hope you enjoy this work.
    This quest has now been submitted for featuring. Please give it a play, and perhaps a favorable review.