test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Steps to improve all professions:

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
Here are some steps that I think will improve all of Neverwinter's professions:

1. Add tasks at various levels throughout each profession, which can "improve" relevant existing items in some way - for instance, maybe you can have a task that improves an item's stats by a certain %, or a task that can upgrade an item form green to blue. Just add a flag for "upgraded" to items, so you can't just keep repeating this process over and over again. You can also have different result tiers - like maybe T1 = 0.5% increase, T2 = 1%, T3 = 1.5%.

2. Add tasks at different levels to create free-to-transmute weapon or armor items - you can even draw from the existing item models and/or simply require a pre-existing item, which is then made to be free-to-transmute.

3. Add salvage tasks - these would allow you to extract reinforcement kits from items, along with various other materials, (related profession resources). This could be useful, as perhaps level 70 blue or purple items could be salvaged in this way in order to get more sought after profession resources.

4. RP stone conversion/combining - add tasks to convert between different kinds of refining stones and/or to convert specific refining stones into generic refining gems - like white stones -> peridots (500 RPs), etc.

5. Creation of "minor" weapon or armor enchantments - Add profession tasks which allow you to use 1 weapon or armor enchantment shard to create a "minor" version of said enchantment - these will provide a benefit below even what a lesser grants you, but won't require a coalescent ward to create. These would require 3 other weapon or armor enchantment shards of the same base type to turn into a their lesser version...
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums

Comments

• Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    bioshrike said:

4. RP stone conversion/combining - add tasks to convert between different kinds of refining stones and/or to convert specific refining stones into generic refining gems - like white stones -> peridots (500 RPs), etc.

This intrigues me.

converting bound white pearls -> peridot ..

the interface would be tricky though. Would you want to do it 5 white pearls at a time? =X Or drag all your RP into a window and get a 'Refiners Stone' worth the amount? How would RS's with different values be differentiated on the auction? Different levels?

Minor Refining Stone(100), Lesser Refining Stone(500), Refining Stone(2500), Greater Refining Stone(5000), Major Refining Stone(10000), Superior Refining stone(25000)?

so if you drag 4 white pearls in, you get a minor refining stone, if you drag 5, you get a lesser.. It rounds down, follow?

Ideally Id like to be able to turn all BTC and BTA RP into unbound RP .. but that would just defeat the purpose of binding the RP in the first place. =/

I'd like to see RP and gems that are currently BTC changed to BTA .. no reason to have both (other than to make me crazy while playing bag sorting simulator)

so while it intrigues me.. an immediate solution isn't known to me yet.

I'd like my level 25 platesmith to be able to turn 100 ore into a resonance stone though.
    or my level 25 weaponsmith to turn 100hafts into a resonance stone.
    or my level 25 artificer, mailsmith, leatherworker, tailor, alchemist, leadership guys to be able to make resonance stones.

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The idea with the refining stones would be a straight RP-for-RP conversion - so a lesser power stone, worth 500 RPs for artifacts of power, could be converted into an account bound peridot. 5 pearls, (so 500 RPs total), could be turned into 1 account bound peridot.

It would be interesting if they added tasks from each profession to turn some common/uncommon/rare resources, (of the appropriate type), into refining stones of some sort - that would be pretty cool.
    Post edited by bioshrike on
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    I'd make all profession tasks have a base duration of at least 12 hours. Bots greatly outperform players on short tasks. So eliminate all the short tasks.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.