test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account was banned?

urhurh Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Ok so I sent a private message to a friend replying with " I hope your day goes fast, and have you left the guild?" a message popped up and lagged me a bit, so i just pressed A, and resent the message, not realizing it was a warning message, and my account was banned. not sure what I typed was bad to ban me but do you know if its a temp ban? I did contact them not long ago, so hopefully it will be resolved :o just wondering if anyone had a bad experience like so. ty.

Comments

• urhurh Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    anybody? :(
  • theassistmantheassistman Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    what is goin on with the chat filter all a sudden?? i wrote in group " i will give it a few more minutes though" and when i went to put that it told me that posting links to vendors or something like that is prohibited and i will be banned if its done again?? what in the world is going on now. did you try to fix the chat spam and break it even more for legit people that chat? happen to a few others as well in the past few hours
    Check me out on YouTube youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan or by googling or searing The Assist Man on YouTube.
    youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan
  • acathlasjmacathlasjm Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Several people have been banned (including me) for simple non-offensive non-breaking of TOS sentences. All we seem to be able to to is raise a support ticket and wait. Rather frustrating.
  • urhurh Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    :(
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Hi i have the same issue i just say ty to a group member after finished a quest and tham i got a message my account is banned
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
    i did it via chat
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
    me too justr for saying thank you (ty) in chat to a groupmember after finished a quest.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    FYI, you won't get an answer here. Put in a support ticket and pray to someone.
  • xxslappedxxxxslappedxx Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same problem, i got banned for asking for help in chat. Is this a temp ban ?
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    One thing I think you may be forgetting is that it is a lot easier for players to report other players. So it could be that someone reported you for something you did/said to them, or just made something up, and the devs thought you should be banned for whatever that person "said" you did.
  • chainmynamechainmyname Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Also in the banned account club, complete incompetence on their part. Quick check on reddit and other forums will show you it's not a reporting issue it's whatever they did to combat the spam.

Support were no help at all. They should be ignoring the normal procedures and unlocking peoples accounts and disabling what ever new spam measures were put in place until they test them properly.
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    At least you have no website chat spam now! That's a plus right.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Per the Rules & Policies of the forum, game or forum infractions may not be discussed on the forum. If you wish to inquire about game infractions, please file a Support Ticket (or by email at customerservice@perfectworld.com) or reply to the email sent to the registered email account associated with your game account. If one wishes to discuss forum rules or moderation there-of, please see the afore-linked rules and this post. Thanks!
  • theassistmantheassistman Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    this is complete bs. reddit, twitter and everywhere is talking about this. just had a friend banned for saying "looking for iwd farming group" and got banned but yet they have not acknowledged it at all for hours. they tried to fix it and broke it and obviousily never tested it. this game is more of a joke by the day. now people get banned for no reason and have to waste their time making a ticket and e.t.c.
    Check me out on YouTube youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan or by googling or searing The Assist Man on YouTube.
    youtube.com/user/TheRealAssistMan
    patsfire said:

At least you have no website chat spam now! That's a plus right.

They also have less people to see it thanks to the bans :D
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    I literally just said "Buy and sell Icewind Fashion. :p" In guild chat to my friend since they needed Astral Daimonds and I wsas banned... Thats just rude....
  • dsr#2846 dsr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    kreatyve - thank you so much! I was also banned for typing in guild chat. It was during a skirmish, didn't have time to read the popup due to combat, then tried to message again after the fight was over. Boom - ban hammer, kicked off the server.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    zebular said:

Per the Rules & Policies of the forum, game or forum infractions may not be discussed on the forum. If you wish to inquire about game infractions, please file a Support Ticket (or by email at customerservice@perfectworld.com) or reply to the email sent to the registered email account associated with your game account. If one wishes to discuss forum rules or moderation there-of, please see the afore-linked rules and this post. Thanks!

Merged threads and re-stating. The forum staff can do nothing for this and since we cannot confirm nor deny any individual reports, we cannot allow such discussions. You'll need to contact Support and discuss it with them and if a PWE Employee wishes to make any sort of statement on any alleged bannings, they will do so. I am sorry but we just cannot allow the discussion of any bans or warnings on the forums.
  • dsr#2846 dsr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I saw this video post on Reddit. It is not the message I typed, but it is exactly the same behavior.

The automated system is banning users for typing messages that do not violate TOS.

I closed my pop-up without reading it because I was in combat in a skirmish. I saw the message did not send after combat was over and resent it and was permanently banned.

The message? I don't have the exact text, but a guild member had asked if anyone wanted to run anything and I answered that I would but was in a skirmish - or in the hunt skirmish, I don't recall the exact phrasing.

Someone else reported a ban for typing a smiley.

Please bring this to the attention of perfect world as soon as possible, as support tickets often take days for an answer.

Link to video showing bug:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6A1E38AA1CB8948A%211668&cid=6A1E38AA1CB8948A&group=0&parId=6A1E38AA1CB8948A%211034&authkey=%21AGOG5vJK0AFOTPE&o=OneUp
    This needs to be addressed asap, and the discussion not shut down by mods citing bans can't be discussed here.

If they want this fixed and want to find out where they messed up user input is very much needed.
    Hey folks, this just in from the top:
    We're aware that some players may have been banned without notice today. Our team has resolved the issue and are lifting incorrect bans now. We are working through support tickets as fast as we can. If you have already submitted one, you do not need to submit another.
This discussion has been closed.