test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a Good, post Mod 6, PVE build for the TR?

geobmzgeobmz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Hi all,

thanks to the forced reset (and another reset, b/c I screwed up a choice) I'm stuck trying to find the best post Mod 6 PVE build for my TR. I've found a build online, however.. I've heard that the changes in Mod 6 depreciate the value of said build...

I play nearly entirely by myself (and sometimes w/ my wife) so, I'm looking for a build which will allow me to solo PVE to my heart's content.

Race: Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow

Thanks.

Comments

• sinfulgodly#5265 sinfulgodly Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I am curious as well to this
  • geobmzgeobmz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    sorry, forgot to mention my TR is lvl 60, so, I'm trying to find a good build for lvl's 60-70 and beyond ?

(unless we get forced reset again, at a later date..in which case, I may just cut down my roster.... I have 1 of each class... I like to try them out and see which I like better..however, thus far, I like of all the current classes )
  • mdrew10mdrew10 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Im trying to figure this out as well, even like with my Ioun Stone do I put in pure power runestones or go fro Crit Strike or Arm Pen.... so confused
  • doctorslowbrodoctorslowbro Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Be nice to see some newer guides...
    http://oi61.tinypic.com/20zwc48.jpg
  • articiawinterarticiawinter Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    not to sure but i am hearing alot about saboteur
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User

not to sure but i am hearing alot about saboteur

saboteur basicaly is a perma-stealth rogue, you got to buy the race re-roll token and dump all your base points to int and con for faster cool down and survivability
    mdrew10 said:

Im trying to figure this out as well, even like with my Ioun Stone do I put in pure power runestones or go fro Crit Strike or Arm Pen.... so confused

if you go for arm pen route, ur arm pen needs to be around 5 to 6K in order to work really well, lots of tr go for pure crits while pally, gf and gwf go for arm pen
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    You posted this a while ago but I'll respond for just in case someone else is in the same boat as you were, though I will not go into every detail. If you want a PVE TR then I highly recommend using an MI Executioner build. I've used multiple paths for both PVP and PVE. Save the Sabo build for PVP. I could give you a hybrid build that debuffs but we'll keep it simple.

I'm not very fond of your race selection. I would use a half orc or a human personally, (I use human). You're going to be out of stealth often with a high DPS EX build so I would stack Critical, Arm Pen, and then Strength as the dump once your other stats are where you need them. Mobs are never higher than 40% DR so you're going to want to aim for around 5K minimum, 6+ if you are able to until you reach 60% RI. The maximum a boss would have is 60% DR.

Complete Lostmauth set for double hits on crit is a must for a TR.

Cloud of Steel- When AOE's are around a boss or mob
    Duelist's Flurry- Your main at will (Try to pop stealth on your third strike so your animation hits are all in stealth for great DPS

Encounters are more or less up to you but Smoke Bomb is a must, then Dazing Strike. I personally use Lashing blade as well but you can trade it for Blade Flurry. I only used Path of Bades for trash Skirmish runs to always have my damage stacking. You will never use Blitz in mod 6 sadly, unless you go back to lower level maps after you're level 70 and hit for a 50% health reduction. I too missed the 5 kill one-shots also.

Personals are up to you but Skillful Infiltrator never left my slot.
    Daily, Lurker's Assault never left my slot. The second slot is situational.

To name a few artifacts, Horn, Lantern Of Revelation and Sigil of the Devoted.

If using a Perfect Vorpal then Erinyes of Belial companion for 10% crit severity and Dancing Blade for another 5%.

If you're level 60 you're going to be dropping your Draconic or Swash/Assassin armor at around level 63 for more powerful blue armor that give you a much greater HP pool, which will only continue to rise as you level with better gear until you're lvl 70 and running T1 dungeons for seals. If you cannot find a successful group to run with then you can always grind glory for PVP gear.

Again this is bare bones with many loop holes, I'm kind of in a hurry.

Post edited by yourenext2die on
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Heavy on crit in mod 6 as long as youre using vorpal. There used to be a softcap, not so much anymore.

AoE encounters are smoke, dazing strike, and blade fury. Single target just start shadow of demise with an encounter like lashing blade or dazing strike. Dazing strike actually hits pretty hard and is up more often than lashing blade. Duelists furry in between. Lurkers asault for single target, which includes hp heavy mobs. You won't have time to initiate another enounter before lurkers assualt refills stealth so enter stealth and continue on with flurry. I use smoke for steady damage ticks. Really get things rolling on a boss SoD procs of 500k+.

Executioner for damage.
  • neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I was having trouble once i hit the 70 content. I did this last night and was having a much better time. Not the best, but workable.

Class human
    All points into strength and dex. Dunno what the rolls are at the moment, but i'm at 25 strength and 24 dexterity.

Feats:
    Weapon mastery 3/3
    Toughness 3/3
    Swift footwork 3/5
    Cunning ambusher 3/3
    Endless assault 3/3
    Disciple of strength 3/3
    Improved cunning 5/5

Master Infiltrator:
    Scoundrel:
    Roll with punches 5/5
    Bloody brawler 5/5
    Master infighter 5/5

Executioner:
    Arterial cut 5/5
    Vicious pursuit 5/5
    Dying breath 5/5
    Twisted grin 5/5
    Exposed weakness 5/5
    Shadow 1/1

Gear:
    Pvp hood and pvp boots
    Elol chest and gloves. I think i have grim executioner pvp stuff and alliance ward stuff but not sure.
    Belt of valindras guard for the intel boost to get my encounters back faster.
    Neck is one of the elol ones, both rings are elol ones. Will change when better stuff is gotten

Encounters
    Dazing in x, lashing in y, smoke bomb in b (swap with impossible to catch for solo bosses)
    Invisible infiltrator and skillfull infiltrator
    Lurkers assault and whirlwind of blades i think as daily.
    Duellest fury in right trigger and sly flourish in left

Artifacts are store in main (i like the store) and the lostmauth horn, trickster rogue sigil, and the symbol of earth thing i got out of a box.

Enchantments are savage at 7 in offense, i need gold and move like a drunken skateboard so i stuck a gold 7 in the belt utility slot. Defense is rank 7 dark for life steal i think. Lesser dragon hoard in head and feet, tymora in gloves. Soulforged in chest gotten off the market at 55,000 luckily one day.

Weapons are the mullorand ones because i haven't levelled my artifact ones yet.

Companions are the ioun stone of radiance, wearing rank 7 armor pen enchants and all defense slot level 70 green rings and belt that boost armor pen and life steal. The one from the current event (scarecrow?) the illusionist guy for the life steal, the dog, and the other critical strike bonus one.

End result is a decent rogue. Could be better could be worse. But i survive until everyone else dies at lostmauth and those two scorpions and i can run around solo without using any health potions in the dread ring and can solo those dungeons. Havent really moved on until my friends are ready to.

Probably room for a lot of improvement, but this has been the best build so far (out of about 5 i've tried).

Edited to fix enchantments