test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OP Build.. Is there a Good balance of Tank/Healer ?

geobmzgeobmz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Hi all,

well.... I've been away from NW, mostly, for about 6 wks. I just got back into playing this past week and I've started my OP.

Currently, I'm at lvl 26 and HAVEN'T even spent one point ANYWHERE on him. I've been trying to find a really good build (maybe, balanced ? ) but, have been unsuccessful in finding much online, except constant bickering between other as to what an OP can/can't do...etc, etc.

I play PVE and nearly entirely by myself (or with wife) .

My chosen race is Human, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm posting about other classes, too...thanks to the forced resets...I've lost what I set previously and have only figured out/found info. for a few of them.

Answers

• geobmzgeobmz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    If, as I've read on different postings, a balanced OP is mediocre, at best... then, what about a build for tanking with a minor in healing?
  • prettyflacko1prettyflacko1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Your best bet would be to comb through the PC forums for information. Prior to starting my OP I looked through several posts on the PC forums in the OP class section and found a whole lot of information.
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Also check out mmominds.com they have many quality builds, it pretty much comes down to paragon path, Tank or Healer, I run tank and I absolutely love it, but of course I'm partial to tank, ran mod 5 Guardian Fighter, Too bad my GF became a PVP class this mod, will leave on the shelf until 7!
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    sadly protection removes pretty much all your heals.

so you'll need to go devotion. stack heavy on the azures for defense.
    the defender jewelry in your stone.

then justice with the light 10% from gear to defense.

thats my suggestion
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I have a guide for the devotion (Healer) OP on the PC forums, if you have any questions with regards to healer I am happy to help. I would not have commented here, except for the fact that there don't appear to be any builds/guides available here at all. Just PM me if you need any help, or reply here, or on the PC forums. Ill keep an eye out here just in case someone needs anything.
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    i have a protection build and there is not a whole lot of healing at-wills(none i think), encounters, or dailies. basically what happens is if you go protection route the powers give you aggro bonuses or defense bonuses, and if you go devotion the same powers do healing. however, there are some feats in the justice tree that deal a little bit of healing.

Beacon of Hope: when you activate a daily you randomly heal a damaged ally for up to 300% of your weapon damage.
    Prism: when you activate a daily, any time you are healed any ally within 30' will be healed for the same amount.

so that's not going to be much healing. not even sure if it's enough to help in these dungeons.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    justice tree or bulwark OP is where you need to be as this 2 tree is geared for tanking and unkillable if you build it right, i remember i was defending a node with some random OP on GG with my healer and we were against 5 or 6 other opponent until helps arrive, it was 1 of the best match ever =)
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter