test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Old T1 and T2 gears and mob defences

dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
Some of old T1 and T2 gears have bonuses like "Reduces the defense of foes you hit by 450" or some similar info depending on the class.So Is mobs have only HP and Damage Resistance a myth generated by some know-it-alls?If they indeed have that stats where can we find them.We can see the approximate Damage Rsistance amounts with 3rd party software but what about defense?

Comments

• Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    I've run the Dread Ring lairs with High Vizier in mod 6/7. Still works as always. I checked the ACT parse and I see 128-130% effectiveness. Which, if you have enough ARP to negate the mobs DR is what it should show for (3 stacks of the High Vizier debuff on monsters).

Do the test yourself. Run a mini-lair using High Vizier or High Prophet, then run it the next day using your normal mod6/7 armor. Just make sure you have 60% ARP when using HV or HP. Then compare the effectiveness columns in ACT for the same mobs.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    The old t2 gear for SWs is a go to choice for the SWs in CA. It makes me wish that I kept my old TR gear.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I've seen High Prophet (DC), High Vizier (CW) and the Fabled Set (SW) all used in Mod 6/7. They are quite often brought out for boss fights, dragon flights, WoD Dragon runs .. things like that. They work just as they always have and make for a great way to help bring some of these tougher foes down faster. The downside? You are going to have about half your normal hit points in one compared to say, an Alliance set or armor. It makes survival a challenge - it's also the reason you will really only ever see ranged classes using the old sets, doing it with a melee character will get you a quick death.

I've worn my Fabled set for a number of boss fights and I can say you can certainly do it and survive, it can be tough, especially in the tier 2s (But I did survive a legit boss kill for Traven Blackdagger in it, so you CAN do it).
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    I did eToS in mod7 in HV. Kind of neat, looking at an average of 260% effectiveness for the whole party....
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Thank you but all these info doesnt help me with the question.Do mobs have defense stat and what are the amounts?I understand those gear work greatly but is that intended or is there a glitch in the system where system automatically effect damage resistance instead of defense stat?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Mobs don't have a defense stat. Each stack of the HV debuff equates to roughly 10% more damage.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Ive used both hv and hp sets in mod 2, typically in tiamat and dragonflight.. where risk of dying isnt really in higher with them on or not, what kills you in those instances, will kill you regardless of armor you wear.

Ive done many t1 and t2 runs in hp armor with guildies though.. as im not doing much else but debuffing.

DCs should have a more viable armor .. all of those stupid stats and a hold t1 armor is still BiS.. The game is back to basically what is was, though I havent succumbed yet to making a righteous, i might yet though.