test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Republishing Existing Work.

guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
Well, now that the foundry is back up... I took a good look at some of my existing works when I noticed that most of my main work was suddenly un-published. So, I went about refreshing my memory to these works and republishing these quests. I found the process very difficult, mainly because this three-part campaign was created before the teleporter bug was an issue. As I went to edit and republish the works I found that it was nearly impossible to make the edits smoothly. This bug has really made the foundry system extremely difficult to use, at least in this case. In this series I have used the transporters to give me an open map. I've used the out-of-play areas of the map to build interior spaces. This system worked well for me but as I went to edit these quests I couldn't play them ... every time I used one of the teleports it would complete all the objectives. So, I've had to use the 'play-from-here' feature to play-test my work.... and it's horrible. I managed to get through it and get these three quests republished without too many difficulties... but it did give me quite a headache. Please check out these foundry adventures:

NW-DHPPFCRU4 A Vacation in the Hill Country.
NW-DLPJKB3L3 The Tower of Madness.
NW-DTNVL7SAC The Ruins of Fortress Baryl

Please check the Foundry Quest Database for a complete description.

Anyways, my point in posting here is to discuss the difficulties with the teleporter bug and problems with editing or re-publishing existing works.

Comments

• Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    I just can't do nothing with this bug, I don't have enough patience.

Maybe I'm too temperamental.

I'll try your quests.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I have one Foundry that made extensive use of teleporters as a work-around for the "party separation" bug... it didn't get re-uploaded, so I went in, fixed a few things that people had complained about and re-published. Once it was up, I did a run-through and the teleporters seemed to work fine..

Who knows..? It's hard to keep up with all the bugs these days.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Yes, if you use teleports in your foundry quests... it's quite difficult to test your work. When you play-test a quest in 3d mode... every time you use a teleport, the bug completes all the remaining quest objectives. To work around the bug, begin your play-test normally. Each time you get to one of the teleports, you have to quit back to the 2d foundry editor and then click the 'play-from-here' feature on the other side of the teleport. This worked for me but It's rather tedious and it takes a long time, but I was able to get through the play-test. My quests seem to work normally once published.

Feel free to give them a try.... see my post in the Foundry Quest Database for details.