What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5 Reasons your new mod is killing the game Part 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Fatpob.. if you want to continue getting better and playing, maybe get a new group. All the people i play with think it's pretty easy. You're still talking about iwd. Yeah it was difficult when it first came out. But we all geared up and it's really not hard.

To the OP, you could a saved a lot of time and just said "how can i get better?" I know a lot of successful clerics.

Also, did someone say rogues are op? Are you guys playing the same game? Times have changed ladies and gents.
  • Options
    fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    @raymond00713 I have played mmos for many many years, and understand it's not an overnight thing.

Gearing up isn't that much of a problem, finding a new group is fine, but I started this game with irl friends to play with irl friends, and that has stopped - mostly because of the super uber grind changes they have made to the game.

• Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Well, my wife just finished playing the Shores of Tuern skirmish, and all I can say is this game is sooo fubar!!!

All of the players died several times because of one-shots from thrash (she ranked third and she's a good gamer; not elite, but up to par)... Ridiculous. The boss is pretty much impossible to beat, accompanied by two big lizards which can easily one-shot you. The paladin got sick and tired and left the group. Another gamer was added, and guess what? An arrogant prick who simply used an exploit to have the group beat the boss. But to be honest, that's the only option I saw the team had to beat the boss. Well, in the end my wife opened the chests only to get gear that is in no way better than the gear she already has (rare equipment), not even a bit. Biggest problem was the gear bound on pickup, so she couldn't even post them in the AH.

So, a 1600 skirmish, my wife's character has an item level of 1709... And the final boss is impossible. After seeing this, I don't want to know what an epic dungeon is like now. How is one supposed to level the gear when winning is impossible? Hard challenging skirmishes and dungeons? Yeah, bring 'em on; that's the fun part of the game... But not like this.
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Yeah i understand that @fatpob . The grind is real. That sucks man.
  • Options
    flarestar#4285 flarestar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    @cesar This game isn't very new player friendly tbh.. in order to beat t1s at 1700 item level you need a group to either carry you or everyone needs to know what they are doing with their roles. i mean shores of tuern is a walk in the park for me, but i am 2900 item level lol.
  • Options
    bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Where's Part 2?
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User

@cesar This game isn't very new player friendly tbh.. in order to beat t1s at 1700 item level you need a group to either carry you or everyone needs to know what they are doing with their roles. i mean shores of tuern is a walk in the park for me, but i am 2900 item level lol.

Yes my friend, I know; my wife wanted to try it but unfortunately ran with a PuG.
  • Options
    baasboetabaasboeta Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    U do know loot drops in mod six are personal. U can't get kicked for the loot becuse I can't get ur loot what's the point in changing the boot system if the loot system makes it Irelevant.
  • Options
    magnusg15magnusg15 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Raymond, you don't get the point of my post. I'm good. This wasnt a post about how to be better as a cleric. @raymond00713 I said the mod is killing the game because it's scaring away casual players which in turn will make players like me wind up leaving if it isn't addressed. you're basically saying I am a bad cleric because I can't kill ice wind mobs as a full heal which is wrong.